PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Heel Turn?

RGWhat316
01-08-2005, 02:44 PM
The last 2 weeks on SmackDown, we have seen 2 babyfaces, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero, have these little friendly matches. But with the history of the WWE, friendly rivalries have gone to someone turning heel and an all out feud. Anybody see this happening with Eddie, since Mysterio has beat him the last 2 weeks? Especially since Eddie's gimmick is a heel gimmick.

tucsonspeed6
01-08-2005, 02:48 PM
It's possible, but his gimmick has been getting him face pops anyway, so either he'll have to start doing really nasty stuff to get the fans to boo him (which usually doesn't work out well if memory serves me right) or have a gimmick change in the near future. But with those matches, I was wondering the same thing myself. It's too bad last week's match was considered an "opener" match. I really liked it.

SuperSlim
01-08-2005, 04:38 PM
I see it comin in time

Xero
01-08-2005, 04:48 PM
I was thinking about this while watching the match. I have a feeling that there will be a heel turn coming. I would actually like to see if they would turn Mysterio. He hasn't been heel in the WWE, and I think he could pull it off if he tried. It would be something fresh, anyway.

Dave Youell
01-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I was thinking about this while watching the match. I have a feeling that there will be a heel turn coming. I would actually like to see if they would turn Mysterio. He hasn't been heel in the WWE, and I think he could pull it off if he tried. It would be something fresh, anyway.
Yeah I was thinking that :y:

But i think they are going to turn Eddie at some point, Sod it if that means he gets the belt back somehow i'm all for it

Tornado
01-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I can't see Mysterio as a heel in the WWE. He is currently far to popular to pull it off.

Dave Youell
01-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I can't see Mysterio as a heel in the WWE. He is currently far to popular to pull it off.
If he were to lose the mask though

Facial expressions are everything

Team Sheep
01-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Speaking of the match, how cheesy was that Rey cam. :-\

What Would Kevin Do?
01-08-2005, 07:06 PM
There's a few ways they could turn Eddie heel, and make the fans boo him...

A. Have him do a complete 180 and rip into the fans... Also, have him cut the "funny cheating" shit. Have him cheat much more heelish.. This one is the least likely to work...

B. Pull a ECW Foley gimmick. Have Eddie turn totally away from cheating... Turn him into a clean cut character. No low riders, no cheating... Have him straight clean cut wrestle. Also, have him blame his lack of success on the fans, saying he spent to much time worrying about how to be cute and cheat, instead of actually focusing on his opponent... ALienate the fans, and Alienate why they like him. Better yet, start a Smackdown coporation with him and JBL as head.

C. Have him start biting into red peppers, and him spit them in Joy's face..

Disturbed316
01-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Has Rey ever worked as a heel? I dont believe so.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 07:12 PM
To be honest, RVD and Mysterio as heels would be great, IMO. Eddie Guerrero seemed so plain as a heel on SmackDown!, and I really think the fans should want to see him kill Mysterio if they feud full-time (this mini-feud has to be done for a reason).

I can see Eddie and Booker T winning the WWE Tag Team Championship of SmackDown! next week, then RVD and Mysterio beat the Hell out of Eddie backstage before they get a rematch. Booker T then has to face RVD and Mysterio alone (they should make it known the heat between RVD and BT since Booker deserted RVD in their WWE Tag Team Championship match shortly after coming to SmackDown!). Booker T wins the tag team match due to some miracle, and this leads to a beatdown of Mysterio the next week form Eddie and Booker.

Basically if you make both teams do bad things, but have Mysterio and RVD as the clear cut heels, you could help repair the tag team division. It could end up being the WW's version of AMW/XXX. America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X really made the tag division on TNA, I think BT/EG vs. RVD/619 would make a decent tag team feud.

Disturbed316
01-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Problem is though, whether RVD is heel or face people are just going to cheer for him :-\

What Would Kevin Do?
01-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Problem is though, whether RVD is heel or face people are just going to cheer for him :-\

Same thing with Rey. People love to pop for their moves. In fact, the only way I could see RVD turning heel would be to turn on Rey, and have them feud.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 07:23 PM

That's true, but I can see him doing something to get the fans to hate him. I'm thinking not do the Five Star anymore. He can whip it out for big matches, and make it feel like the Tombstone, but maybe he can use some kind of other move as a finisher? The split-legged moonsault (which Mysterio can also do, so I don't know why they haven't used them since being together) or the Five Star Frog Kick are examples of moves he could use. For some reason I always think of Kane when he does that move, because it makes me think back to Survivor Series 2001, where RVD eliminated Kane with it.

And if they stop playing up to the crowd, and turn him into a real jackass towards the fans, eventually they'll get the idea. There's no doubting Mysterio and RVD can do phenominal stuff, and they shouldn't put a halt to that, but if you give them strong bag guy personalities, I think the fans would take the side of the face in the match.

Corkscrewed
01-08-2005, 07:25 PM
C. Have him start biting into red peppers, and him spit them in Joy's face..
:lol:

Actually, I was thinking of posting this topic too, but then I got lazy. :D I have a feeling we'll be seeing a heel Eddie pretty soon. He'll prolly fight Booker T at Wrestlemania, since this tag team seems to be yet another one of those put-together-suddenly-to-break-them-up-later types of things (sort of like when Lesnar and Angles were "super good friends" for all of two months before Lesnar turned heel.

So I wouldn't be surprised. Eddie's an awesome heel, it's just that people love to cheer him. Remember his heel turn against Tajiri a couple of years back, when he slammed him into his car after Tajiri got hit and fell on it? That lasted about a month and then the fan reaction turned him face with Chavo again.

MVP
01-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Eddie won't be able to turn heel unless he's feuding with someone that will get bigger pops than him, which is pretty difficult on Smackdown. How do you think WWE turned Bret Hart heel in 97? Austin was getting bigger pops than him throughout the latter part of their feud, especially at WM13.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Eddie won't be able to turn heel unless he's feuding with someone that will get bigger pops than him, which is pretty difficult on Smackdown. How do you think WWE turned Bret Hart heel in 97? Austin was getting bigger pops than him throughout the latter part of their feud, especially at WM13.

Well there's something. If Eddie and RVD had a feud, who do you think the fans would cheer. Eventually they'll side with one guy, and that leaves it open for the other guy and his partner.

MVP
01-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Eddie would probably get cheered.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Eddie would probably get cheered.

Probably. It would work out better if they had RVD play the heel in the match, IMO.

MVP
01-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Definitely, he'd get a push. More than he's gotten since 2002.

Heyman
01-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Personally, I'd rather see them turn Mysterio. Eddie garners much bigger face pops.

Have Guerrero and Booker T stay face, but have RVD and Mysterio turn heel.

Both RVD and Mysterio go over Guerrero and Booker T. Both men get decent singles pushes.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Personally, I'd rather see them turn Mysterio. Eddie garners much bigger face pops.

Have Guerrero and Booker T stay face, but have RVD and Mysterio turn heel.

Both RVD and Mysterio go over Guerrero and Booker T. Both men get decent singles pushes.

I personally think both should be on and off singles performers, that are also considered tag wrestlers. I can't really think of anything to compare it with, but I really think Rey & RVD could regenerate the WWE Tag Team Championship Division.

Londoner
01-10-2005, 11:54 AM
^ i totally agree. They just need some tag teams to work with....

The CyNick
01-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I would NOT turn Eddie heel.

I think they can use these losses to start another push to the top. Maybe even give him more of an edge, but I dont think turning him heel is the right move. He basically the only guy on the full time roster who can sell tickets, so turning him heel would be like turning Flair heel all those times.

Corkscrewed
01-10-2005, 03:26 PM
^ I agree.

But since this is the WWE we're talking about, they'll do it anyway. :(

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I just can't see Eddie as a heel, anymore. In this whole thing, I can see RVD/Mysterio as bad guys, but not Eddie. He just seemed so out of place as the heel on SmackDown!, and I really think Mysterio has the attitude to get himself booed eventually. Stick 'em with Paul E. and watch them rise to tag team glory.

Londoner
01-10-2005, 05:07 PM
How could rey be a heel?He hasn't got the moveset to be one. You just don't see heels using the moves he does cos the crowd cheer for them all the time.