PDA

View Full Version : WWE Cruiserweight Title at RR?

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 07:33 PM
If Funaki doesn't face Ultimo Dragon at the Royal Rumble, due to Ultimo not returning to the WWE (who can blame him), what do you hope to see happen with the Cruiserweight Title at the Rumble?

I'd like to see Funaki vs. Akio vs. Paul London vs. Billy Kidman vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Nunzio vs. Shannon Moore vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. The Hurricane vs. Tajiri vs. Spike Dudley vs. Matt Capotelli vs. Johnny Nitro in some kind of Baker's Dozen 13-Man Elimination Match. Let Eric Bischoff strike a deal with Theodore R. Long where the RAW cruiserweights can compete, in an attempt to prove Eric Bischoff can do everything better than Long.

Corndad
01-08-2005, 08:11 PM
That Idea might work but would need atleast some of those guys since the Main Event will take up 30 guys itself to fill up the rest of the card

Gouda
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Cruiserweight title probably won't be defended on the card. If it were I'd like to see Billy Kidman win it. In a one on one match.

Hardkore Kidd J
01-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Cruiserweight title probably won't be defended on the card. If it were I'd like to see Billy Kidman win it. In a one on one match.

Or Paul London.

Dorkchop
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
I want Funaki to retain the belt in one sweet match against... Hmmm... Anyone. I don't care. Just not Spike Dudley. He annoys me now.

Funaki=ratings.

Gouda
01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Or Paul London.

Well I was thinking after Billy won it they culd rekindle the London/Kidman feud. :D

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 09:49 PM
I actually think that if Ultimo Dragon competed at the Royal Rumble, it should be against John Cena.

While watching SmackDown! I got this vision that John Cena defends successfully against Kenzo Suzuki, but then Akio runs in an takes the US Title belt.

Cena then demands the title back, and Theodore R. Long agrees that if Akio doesn't show up to SmackDown! next week with the belt, he will be fired on the spot, and he will be persuing legal action to get the US Title back.

Over the week, Cena defends the title against Dupree and Suzuki, without actually having a title to represent it, but then on SmackDown! Akio shows up with Cena's US Title, and the original US Title. Akio then agrees to give both back to Cena, if he gives him a shot at the US Title. Cena agrees, and then we see a pretty good match between Akio and Cena, with John picking the win up with an updated version of the F-U (a sort of compromise betweent he F-U and the DVD). I can see a spot where Akio ties the ttles around his legs, and proceeds to use them to add power to his kicks or something, maybe even with a title version of the one-man con-chair-to, with Akio using his legs to hit Cena form both sides.

Anyway, then Cena goes into Theodore R. Long's office and says fighting cruiserweights is so much fun, and for the next few weeks he wants to put the title on the line against Funaki's chain gang. We then see Cena vs. Shannon Moore, Scotty 2 Hotty or Rey Mysterio on the next SmackDown!, and I'm not sure if it will be then Royal Rumble time, but assuming it is, we then see Cena come out at the Rumbe awaiting his cruiserweight opponent for the US Title.

Cue Ultimo Dragon, who proceeds to have a great match with Cena, resulting in an eventual F-U from Cena. Cena and Dragon then shake hands afterwards, then we see Ultimo win the Cruiserweight Title at No Way Out, followed up by a successful defense against Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania (above the title or not, Mysterio vs. Dragon would wet some pants).

Hardkore Kidd J
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I actually think that if Ultimo Dragon competed at the Royal Rumble, it should be against John Cena.

While watching SmackDown! I got this vision that John Cena defends successfully against Kenzo Suzuki, but then Akio runs in an takes the US Title belt.

Cena then demands the title back, and Theodore R. Long agrees that if Akio doesn't show up to SmackDown! next week with the belt, he will be fired on the spot, and he will be persuing legal action to get the US Title back.

Over the week, Cena defends the title against Dupree and Suzuki, without actually having a title to represent it, but then on SmackDown! Akio shows up with Cena's US Title, and the original US Title. Akio then agrees to give both back to Cena, if he gives him a shot at the US Title. Cena agrees, and then we see a pretty good match between Akio and Cena, with John picking the win up with an updated version of the F-U (a sort of compromise betweent he F-U and the DVD). I can see a spot where Akio ties the ttles around his legs, and proceeds to use them to add power to his kicks or something, maybe even with a title version of the one-man con-chair-to, with Akio using his legs to hit Cena form both sides.

Anyway, then Cena goes into Theodore R. Long's office and says fighting cruiserweights is so much fun, and for the next few weeks he wants to put the title on the line against Funaki's chain gang. We then see Cena vs. Shannon Moore, Scotty 2 Hotty or Rey Mysterio on the next SmackDown!, and I'm not sure if it will be then Royal Rumble time, but assuming it is, we then see Cena come out at the Rumbe awaiting his cruiserweight opponent for the US Title.

Cue Ultimo Dragon, who proceeds to have a great match with Cena, resulting in an eventual F-U from Cena. Cena and Dragon then shake hands afterwards, then we see Ultimo win the Cruiserweight Title at No Way Out, followed up by a successful defense against Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania (above the title or not, Mysterio vs. Dragon would wet some pants).

Killer idea man. It will be pushing the cruiserweights and everything. Unfortunately I don't see WWE using such a kick ass idea. :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Killer idea man. It will be pushing the cruiserweights and everything. Unfortunately I don't see WWE using such a kick ass idea. :nono:

I also doubt they will, and instead we'll probably see Funaki and the others left off the card completely (save for maybe a cruiserweight or two in the actual Rumbe match).

Gouda
01-08-2005, 11:57 PM
In my opinion, Smackdown could be saved by pushing the cruiserweights more.

Paul London/Billy Kidman was an excellent chance that they blew. If they only kept the team together they could have used it as a start to springboard the cruisers to winning other titles.

But they didn't do that and instead broke up the team. However, I thought it could also be a positive thing as it was a feud with cruiserweights that people actually cared about, and could have been used to springboard cruiserweights more into the spotlight. Instead, they quickie finished the feud and pushed the two back into the depths of Smackdown.

Now my hopes go like this:

Either Paul London or Chavo win the cruiser title. They come out next Samckdown... not alone, but with all the cruiserweights (except maybe minus some heels). The champ throws down the title and goes in to an emotional speech about how the belt is designed to keep them down, to keep them contained. Then he proceeds to say how it is now time for them to run rampant and Smackdown should beware. They then leave, leaving the title in the middle of the ring.

You then have the cruiserweights enter the spotlight. Major feuds, title feuds, and so forth. You have them best bigger superstars. Maybe you could even get a big vs. little feud going with the bigger superstars on Smackdown banding together to take care of the pesky cruisers.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 12:00 AM
In my opinion, Smackdown could be saved by pushing the cruiserweights more.

Paul London/Billy Kidman was an excellent chance that they blew. If they only kept the team together they could have used it as a start to springboard the cruisers to winning other titles.

But they didn't do that and instead broke up the team. However, I thought it could also be a positive thing as it was a feud with cruiserweights that people actually cared about, and could have been used to springboard cruiserweights more into the spotlight. Instead, they quickie finished the feud and pushed the two back into the depths of Smackdown.

Now my hopes go like this:

Either Paul London or Chavo win the cruiser title. They come out next Samckdown... not alone, but with all the cruiserweights (except maybe minus some heels). The champ throws down the title and goes in to an emotional speech about how the belt is designed to keep them down, to keep them contained. Then he proceeds to say how it is now time for them to run rampant and Smackdown should beware. They then leave, leaving the title in the middle of the ring.

You then have the cruiserweights enter the spotlight. Major feuds, title feuds, and so forth. You have them best bigger superstars. Maybe you could even get a big vs. little feud going with the bigger superstars on Smackdown banding together to take care of the pesky cruisers.

I don't know why, but the idea of Paul London kicking Hardcore Holly's ass gives me an erection. :shifty:

Gouda
01-09-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't know why, but the idea of Paul London kicking Hardcore Holly's ass gives me an erection. :shifty:

Ha ha ha... that's funny cause I was thinking that Holly would be one of the first to fall to the cruisers. Since he's supposed to be a "tough guy" and all that.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Ha ha ha... that's funny cause I was thinking that Holly would be one of the first to fall to the cruisers. Since he's supposed to be a "tough guy" and all that.

It would make sense form the storyline's point of view really well. :y:

Holly would go on about how he's tough shit, then all of a sudden, he puts over a cruiserweight. I'd love to see Haas vs. somone as well (that would make a great match).

I don't think something like this will happen, though, because they can't even keep Billy Kidman going strong.