PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see as the last two in the Elimination Chamber?

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Who are the two guys you want to see make it to the end of the Elimination Chamber?

I'm personally praying for a Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho finish, with Y2J picking up the win, and Benoit winning the Royal Rumble. Somehow get Eddie Guerrero in their and make it a Triple Threat (or keep it singles). :y:

Funky Fly
01-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Basically, if HHH makes it to the final it means HBK is turning heel and joining Evolution.

Therefore anyone but him. Except that I don't want either Batista or Orton to actually win it.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 04:49 AM
Basically, if HHH makes it to the final it means HBK is turning heel and joining Evolution.

Therefore anyone but him. Except that I don't want either Batista or Orton to actually win it.

I agree.

I don't know why, but I can see Batista refusing to fight Triple H in the end, but HBK giving the Sweet Chin Music to both men, then putting Batista on top for the win. :-\

Sickboy
01-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Jericho vs Benoit in the end would be sweet... but we all know that won't happen. It's either Triple H or Batista who win... and I bet Triple H.

James Steele
01-09-2005, 05:21 AM
In all honesty, I want Chris Jericho and Triple H as the last two because it will be the most likely scenario EVER that my ultimate wet dream would happen...

*Fast forward to NYR and JR is doing his Main Event near-seizure decree*

"CHRIS JERICHO JUST PINNED THE GAME TO BECOME THE NEW WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! CHRIS JERICHO IS ON TOP OF THE WRESTLING WORLD! MY GOD, A NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION INDEED...BAH GAWD!!!!!!!"

RemyRed
01-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Edge and Jericho. I only picked Jericho though cause he and Edge never settled their score for the Intercontinental Belt and every other face has wrestled Edge recently.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 05:58 AM
In all honesty, I want Chris Jericho and Triple H as the last two because it will be the most likely scenario EVER that my ultimate wet dream would happen...

*Fast forward to NYR and JR is doing his Main Event near-seizure decree*

"CHRIS JERICHO JUST PINNED THE GAME TO BECOME THE NEW WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! CHRIS JERICHO IS ON TOP OF THE WRESTLING WORLD! MY GOD, A NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION INDEED...BAH GAWD!!!!!!!"

Oh c'mon, that's the worse idea I've ever heard! This is the way it should be:

"CHRIS JERICHO JUST MADE THE GAME TAP TO THE WALLS OF JERICHO TO BECOME THE NEW WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! CHRIS JERICHO IS ON THE TOP OF THE WRESTLING WORLD! MY GOD, A NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION INDEED...BAH GAWD!!!!!!!"

But seriously, if Jericho beat Triple H it would be great (in whatever form it comes). The only reason I didn't pick Triple H vs. Y2J, is because I'd love to see Triple H tap to the Wolverine-Tamer (Walls of Jericho/Crippler Corssface Combo). But Triple H vs. Chris Jericho would be more climatic.

Y2C
01-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Batista will refuse to job to HHH which will bring an end to Evolution. Orton will probably pin HHH at the end to win it.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Edge and Jericho. I only picked Jericho though cause he and Edge never settled their score for the Intercontinental Belt and every other face has wrestled Edge recently.

Jericho & Edge just had a match on RAW, but I could get into them being in the end. I just want to see Jericho win. The fans want to see it (judging by their polls), and it would be the most surprising win. I'm not even the biggest Jericho fan and I'm going in there cheering Y2J.

I have high hopes in the WWE going into NYR, and I retain confidence that they won't let me down.

James Steele
01-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Alienoid, I just didn't want to push it... :lol:

Mister Sinister
01-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Jericho and Edge

Evil Vito
01-09-2005, 09:55 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Wants: Jericho vs. Benoit :cool:

Thinks: HHH vs. Orton</font> :roll:

Hired Hitman
01-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Jericho/benoit/orton/edge & Batista - Batista somehow gets Triple H eliminated, Triple H distracts Batista while Jericho gets the win... Starting a Triple H/Batista feud while giving the title to somebody else...

who would I pick... Jericho and Batista... but... just... yeah it probably wont happen :(

The Answer
01-09-2005, 10:54 AM
My first choice would be the HBK heel turn but if that doesn't happen I would like to see Orton vs Batista as the last two.With Orton winning with an R-K-O

Mike the Metal Ed
01-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho, with Michaels holding Jericho's arm in the air.

Mister Sinister
01-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho, with Michaels holding Jericho's arm in the air.

Good One!
:love:

Nark Order
01-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Stop giving yourselves false hope, Jericho isn't going to win. I want the final two to be Edge and Benoit. Hopefully Edge will pull out a victory.

Innovator
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
HHH tapping to the Walls would be like HBK willingly submitting to Bret's sharpshooter

Nark Order
01-09-2005, 01:07 PM
lol

ColdwaVer
01-09-2005, 01:34 PM
HHH, Orton, and Batista will be the last three, HHH will tell Batista to go after Orton for him, and instead Orton and Batista will go after HHH. They'll take him out together and then square off, with Orton getting the win.

Least that's what I'm thinking.

Cool King
01-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I think HHH will win because Shawn Michaels will go for a Sweet Chin Music and miss HHH and hit who ever is left in the Chamber and HHH will go for the pin and force Michaels to count and he does that really slow count like this 1.........2............3

But I would like to see Jericho or Batista win the Title.

Maluco
01-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Looks to me like they are planning an Edge/HBK feud, so I would expect that the role HBK plays is only one that will cost Edge his shot to spring off a feud for the two of them.

As much as I would like a Jericho or even long monster-like Batista title reign for a bit of different credibilty (than a Game title run), I think they are saving a Batista turn. he will protect the Game some way and HHH will go into Mania as the Champ against Orton. They will maybe use Jericho or Benoit to build him up for a program after Mania.

Pretty sure that HHH will retain and an Edge/HBK feud will be the two main resultants

snakeboss
01-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I believe HBK will be a fair ref.

Three things may happen:

1.Batista & Triple H team up and take down everyone. When they are the last two left. Triple H tells Batista to lie down and let him pin him. Batista does so. But as HBK begins counting, Batista throws Triple H off. Confused Triple H just stares at him. Batista says 'I've been waiting my whole life for this, so I'm getting it' Batista then powerbombs Triple H and wins.

2. Batista lies down, as Triple H covers him for the pin. HBK refuses to count. Triple H argues with HBK, HBK eventually sweet chin musics Triple H. Batista thinks about helping Triple H up, but then covers him. HBK counts, and Batista wins.

3. As Batista comes in, he tkes down loads, but Randy Orton or someone else has Triple H pinned. Triple H can't kick out. Batista doesn't help at all, even though seeing it. Triple H angrily yells at Batista, and while Batista is distrcted, someone sneaky pins him.

Batista is gonna leave Evolution eventually, its gonna be tonight, I read in a Triple H interview, he made Evolution to make Orton & Batista famous. He builds them up and lets them go, famous. He said that Batista will leave soon as well. I think Batista will betray Triple H some way tonight.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Alienoid, I just didn't want to push it... :lol:

:lol: I know what you mean.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Stop giving yourselves false hope, Jericho isn't going to win. I want the final two to be Edge and Benoit. Hopefully Edge will pull out a victory.

I can see why people rule out Jericho, after all he hasn't been close to the title for ages, he's been out of the WWE's main light for ages, he's lost a lot of his edge, he still remains over, but the fans aren't crazy about him anymore. But I think he just may do it.

Y2J has been in all three Elimination Chambers. That's a lot of risk to put your talent through without rewarding them, and it's not like the World Heavyweight Championship is TOO far out of Jericho's reach. Chris also has a track record of not missing a single night in the WWE due to injury. Not one match. I think the WWE realises this, and I don't believe, as much as it seems likely they would, that they'd just put Jericho in the match for the sake of it. Not when you've got Kane ready to return.

It would also make sense from a business point of view. Jericho may not be a major draw, but judging by the WWE's polls, he's more over than Orton and Benoit. They sort of presented the poll in a weird sort of way that asked "Which man do you least want to see win the Chamber?", and Orton was right up there with The Game, so putting the title on him now, just for the sake of it, is a bit of an awkward move, IMO.

Batista would make a reasonable Champion, but do you really want to see this rushed? Triple H doesn't have an opponent at WrestleMania, and Triple H vs. Batista (vs. Randy Orton?) would make a great main event, whether or not it is for the title. I'd much rather see Batista win the Rumble, and judging by his interview on IGN (which puts over Triple H a lot, a very smart move), he'd LOVE to be in the Royal Rumble this year.

Triple H, I believe, is a nono. I love The Game, I love what he's done for the company, what he's done for the World Heavyweight Championship and what he's done for Orton & Batista (although it is also rumoured that Triple H destroyed Orton at the same time), but I can't seem him walking out of the Elimination Chamber. Actually, if HBK hit the Sweet Chin Music on Batista, I can see fans being interested (because they know Batista would kill both HBK and Triple H, but again, that's rushing it. HBK did appear to have a few heelish tendancies in his promo on WWE.com, but it probably wasn't intentional.

Anyway, as I was saying, if I order the Elimination Chamber, expecting to see a new Champion, and it turns out the same guy gets his belt back AGAIN, when he quite simply doesn't need it, and has kept it in his possession since September, I'd be fairly pissed off. I can stomache Triple H winning, but I think you'd be surprised how many people can't.

Edge winning the title would seem a bit weak without build-up. Edge is getting closer, and this year I expect to see him as a World Champion, but NYR is far too early for my tastes. For one, he's a heel, that hasn't done much heelish but say he deserves the World Title. Secondly, I'm not sure how the average fan perceives Edge. Judging by fan responses, and how the WWE handles him at the moment, they see Edge as a guy in the scene, that doesn't belong there.

Now idealy, having Edge win makes a lot of sense, because it would give him that launch into the main event, without dispute (unless HBK turns heel by joining Edge, which I can see as a swerve). Unfortunately, the way the WWE has handled this, he'd be turned face almost instantly. I can see him coming out with the belt, saying he deserved to win, then saying it happened about three years too late, but it all seems too cheap at the moment for me.

I can see Edge going first due to HBK, then building a feud with Michaels, leading to HBK illegally eliminating Edge in the Rumble (after Edge previously elimates Shawn Michaels), which has him another claim to getting screwed out of the belt. We see Edge go over HBK cleanly at WrestleMania, then at either Backlash or Summerslam, provided they don't send him to SmackDown! (I don't know why, but I can see this happening), he could win the World Heavyweight Championship. I see more fans going "WTF?" at Edge winning the title at NYR, than "OMG! WTF! YES!".

Chris Benoit makes sense, but this is his first Chamber. While I can see him winning it, I just can't look past Jericho while doing this. Benoit may have been a major player recently, but he and Jericho are about even in the WWE in my mind. Having Jericho wrestle through three Chambers, then putting Benoit in one and allowing him to win, wouldn't be too fair, in my mind. I'd much rather see Benoit win the Rumble. Although I can see Benoit winning the Chamber, and Jericho winning the Rumble. Again, I'm probably just dreaming, but I can't see the WWE putting these two guys in the main event without being aware of what they've done for the company.

The Elimination Chamber itself has become "Jericho's Match", and it would be a shame for Jericho to become the lead jobber of his own match. And another thing I'd just like to bring up, is Jericho's work on RAW. He seemed more alive than usual. The victory roll, the plancha, etc. He just seemed more active than usual. Not that it means anything, but it seems he has turned it up a notch or two. Not to mention Jericho's WWE Championship run was fairly out of the blue, and done in similiar fashion to this.

There is no doubt Jericho has become a jobber to the stars, which is probably why I can see Jericho dropping the title to someone so effectively. It's not very often you can have a guy come in, win the title credibly, then drop it to someone, giving them momentum at the same time. At Backlash, I can easily see both Batista and Edge taking the title World Heavyweight Championship off Jericho, then the other winning it from whoever takes it from Jericho at Summerslam 2005.

This is probably the only chance I'll have to pipe Jericho's horn, because I'm pretty sure after NYR, Batista will be the World Champion on RAW, and I'll be screaming "BATISTA IS THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!", and I'll be talking about how having Orton and/or Cena win the Rumble would be the way to go. The thing is though, both brands seem very limited this Mania, and I think Jericho is the best bet to serve as Champion, as he can lose the title anytime, and hold it as long as you want.

I see Batista helping Triple H at NYR, only for HBK to not accept it, so we see both Evolution members knocked down with the Sweet Chin Music, and Batista is put on top of The Game by Michaels. 1-2-3, Batista is the World Heavyweight Champion.

Fox
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
The last three should be HHH, Edge and Benoit, considering that their triple threat match three weeks ago is the reason for the elimination chamber match in the first place.

But we all know HHH and Orton are going to be the last two in there.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
The last three should be HHH, Edge and Benoit, considering that their triple threat match three weeks ago is the reason for the elimination chamber match in the first place.

But we all know HHH and Orton are going to be the last two in there.

And how right you were. :(