PDA

View Full Version : Indy Talent to WWE?

Marc the Smark
01-09-2005, 03:58 PM
As reported by the Declaration of Independents earlier, WWE is currently very interested in a bunch of independent talents lately.

RF Video Owner, Rob Feinstein, has set up 3 calls recently with WWE Scout Tommy Dreamer. 2 of those 3 calls were directed to Jack Evans and Jay Lethal. As for the last call, many are not releasing his name due to his contract with a promotion. However, because of this, many are speculating that the talent is Alex Shelly who has a contract with TNA.

WWE is also very interested in indy superstar Super Crazy for their Cruiserweight division. Super Crazy has been noted as relucant so far as he is working with an injured hand right now that might hinder him from competing at his full potential.

One big name that sources say that WWE is very interested in is ROH Pure Wrestling Champion, John Walters. Walters has been doing many dark matches for WWE, and WWE keeps calling him back. Many believe that it won't be long before Walters signs with WWE.

Expect to see a lot more news on WWE looking for indy talents. With Mick Foley and new WWE agent Ricky Steamboat doing work with ROH, they will most likely be speaking to WWE officials on good prospects.

It is even being stated that after a match between Samoa Joe & CM Punk that went to a 60 minute draw in ROH left Foley saying his "socks were knocked off," Foley is now pitching the idea to WWE of signing both of these talents.

More on this news as it comes.

credit:steveswrestling.com

Innovator
01-09-2005, 04:02 PM
John Walters was on Velocity last night...jobbing to Hardcore Holly. Great way to give the ROH Pure Wrestling Champion some recognition

Dave Youell
01-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Not that I care, but I posted this a few days ago

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, John Walters, Super Crazy, Alex Shelley, Tajiri & The Hurricane. Sounds like a good way to juice up SmackDown!. Doubt any of those guys are going to be on SmackDown! in the near future, though.

Mister Sinister
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, John Walters, Super Crazy, Alex Shelley, Tajiri & The Hurricane. Sounds like a good way to juice up SmackDown!. Doubt any of those guys are going to be on SmackDown! in the near future, though.

I will personally, Drive up to Stanford if CM Punk is signed by the WWE and isn't given any kind of push, or a push that ends quickly...and will suidide the entire McMahon Family, well cept for Shane...

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I will personally, Drive up to Stanford if CM Punk is signed by the WWE and isn't given any kind of push, or a push that ends quickly...and will suidide the entire McMahon Family, well cept for Shane...

You may as well start preparing yourself, because there is no way the WWE will let CM Punk workhis own style. And there is no chance in Hell he'll be allowed to use the Pepsi Plunge (actually, I can see them using it, but they'll use to to start a Triple H vs. CM Punk feud).

mitch_h
01-09-2005, 07:14 PM
John Walters was on Velocity last night...jobbing to Hardcore Holly. Great way to give the ROH Pure Wrestling Champion some recognition

Well if they were wrestling under pure title rules, Walters would have won. I mean Holly had to use atleast 5 closed fists :shifty:.

Unless WWE is willing to push guys who aren't a certain height or weight, I'll never see the point in bringing guys like this in. On a related note has anyone seen Mick Foley's/CM Punk's unscripted promo regarding the WWE bringing in Punk and Joe, from Weekend of Thunder. Greatest segment ever.

McLegend
01-09-2005, 07:18 PM
You may as well start preparing yourself, because there is no way the WWE will let CM Punk workhis own style. And there is no chance in Hell he'll be allowed to use the Pepsi Plunge (actually, I can see them using it, but they'll use to to start a Triple H vs. CM Punk feud).
What kind of move is the pepsi plunge?

Gerard
01-09-2005, 07:29 PM
What kind of move is the pepsi plunge?

Probably a pedigree lookalike if it would start a fued with hindenburg nose.

Mister Sinister
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Pespi PLunge is a Top Rope Pedgree

McLegend
01-09-2005, 07:37 PM

:eek: sounds pretty sweet

HeartBreakMan2k
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Lethal :love:

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM

Yeah. I think he has other moves he can use as finishers, right?

Mister Sinister
01-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Yeah. I think he has other moves he can use as finishers, right?

My Guess is, he'll use the Devil Lock as a finisher in WWE, which is a Texas Cloverleaf, if I'm not mistaken, he goes many moves, however since I'm a Punk fan and while it would be great to actually see him on TV...I hope he never goes to the WWE

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 12:54 AM
My Guess is, he'll use the Devil Lock as a finisher in WWE, which is a Texas Cloverleaf, if I'm not mistaken, he goes many moves, however since I'm a Punk fan and while it would be great to actually see him on TV...I hope he never goes to the WWE

I can understand why. I don't know why, but I'd really like to see join the WWE. It may not seem pretty at first, but I really think they'll use him as a big star. I can see Punk going over Triple H at Summerslam 2005 right now.

HeartBreakMan2k
01-10-2005, 01:44 AM
As much as I'd like to see Punk go over the Game (eventually not as early as Summerslam by any means, you've got to give WWE more time to establish him.) you're delusional if you think that's gonna happen.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2005, 01:47 AM
As much as I'd like to see Punk go over the Game (eventually not as early as Summerslam by any means, you've got to give WWE more time to establish him.) you're delusional if you think that's gonna happen.

I think it all depends how you bring him it. If you initially make him come in to kill The Game's legacy, maybe have thm turn out to have an ugly childhood together, you could set something up.

If they let CM Punk do the Pepsi Plunge and cut promos, you won't need to build him up, he'll already be considered amazing.

I have a feeling he'll just be lost on SmackDown!, though.

The Mackem
01-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I guess the logical thing to do with Jack Evans would be to put him on Smackdown and not use him.