PDA

View Full Version : Colts v.s Patriots : Its on!

RP
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I realize that there is a couple of you Patriot fans wandering around in here so i guess i'll go ahead and call the first shot...

35-14 Colts.

Its on bitches. Its on.

BCWWF
01-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Vikings are Superbowl bound

RP
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Fuck the Vikings and no they are not Superbow Bound.

Joe Kerr
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I think the pats game is going to be closer....

VonErich Lives
01-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if I'll have a Colts avator after the game.

I'll root for the Pats and I think they can win.

But, I wouldn't put money on it.

Especially w/ Law out and Seymour if he plays, not at 100%.

We'll all be doing a snow dance, that's a key to help slow down the Colts.

If it's a clear/clean field and not very cold, that it could be ugly.

I already joked the Pats should run the sprinklers and try and ice the field :)

RP
01-09-2005, 06:06 PM
whats the weather gunna be like for game time?

BCWWF
01-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Vikings and Colts would be a crazy Super Bowl.

Its not looking to good for the Patriots right now, I am hoping Peyton can win just to get the monkey off his back, but I like the Pats too

RP
01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Well i retract my previous statement. Anyone can win the NFC. I wouldnt be surprised if the Vikes are there.

BCWWF
01-09-2005, 06:13 PM
I would be, but it would be amazing

OssMan
01-09-2005, 06:14 PM
35-34 Colts

RP
01-09-2005, 06:19 PM
If Bellicheck finds a way to stifle our offense this year i will go on record as saying he's the greatest coach ever.

Our offense, this year , is just way too dominant to be shut down. So if it happens . Bellicheck is a god.

VonErich Lives
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I remember a game in 2001, vs. the Colts I think Harrison came accross the middle and Bryan Cox just leveled him, the Colts didn't go accross the middle again.

The key is to try and keep the out of the middle of the field where they run all that crossing stuff. The Pats LB have speed same w/ the DE and will match up better w/ the TE's & RB's on passing plays then most teams.

I'd expect to see Eugene Wilson playing CB at some points.

That all being said, it's possible but as I said, I wouldn't put my money on the Pats, too many injuries.

RP
01-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Its was Jerome Pathon. ANd yah that set the tone. But these are tougher Colts. They've proven they can play tough. They played tough when the pats where clocking them left and right last year.

Reggie Wayne is so unbelievable. He's gunna give you guys fits. I promise. You can put wilson on harrison . You'll probably still get burned but helll.. who are you gunna put on stokely and Wayne. Especially Wayne. Man he torched the Broncos.

Nervous Ferret
01-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Patriots by a td no problem. The Colts will NEVER beat the Pats while Belichek is coach.

Boomer
01-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Wayne has been a savior for me fantasy-wise for 2 years straight. I love him.

VonErich Lives
01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Its was Jerome Pathon. ANd yah that set the tone. But these are tougher Colts. They've proven they can play tough. They played tough when the pats where clocking them left and right last year.

Reggie Wayne is so unbelievable. He's gunna give you guys fits. I promise. You can put wilson on harrison . You'll probably still get burned but helll.. who are you gunna put on stokely and Wayne. Especially Wayne. Man he torched the Broncos.

All they proved last year is they could lose and cry after.

As I said before, Manning impressed me in the SD game, he was his old whiney, fall apart self in the first half and finally grew up in the 2nd half.

I just wonder if he has a bad 1st half vs. NE, if he'll revert to the old cry baby manning and lose composure like he has in the past.

Should be a good game. As I said, pats can win, I just wouldn't put my money on it w/ the injuries.

Moonax
01-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Do they still get the prisoners to clear the field in Foxboro?

I see that the cock-sucking of Manning has already started. He is just a flat-track bully. Cheap record.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I really hope the Patriots win, I can't stand Payton Manning at all. Belicheck has always owned Manning, and hopefully that continues. Colts WR ARE soft, but it doesn't mean they aren't good obviously. Patriots need to hit them in the mouth a few times and get into there heads. Not pull a Broncos and say you are gonna lay him out, then never even touch them :|

Also I can't stand the Colts since Tony Dungy really pushed for that stupid "illegal touching" rule to be called ridiculously tight. NFL is all about making the game easier for the offense though so whatever. Should be a great game, Colts vs Patriots always. I think the Patriots will win, but you never know Colts are "due" for a win eventually.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Do they still get the prisoners to clear the field in Foxboro?They still use that tractor to tow shit at the new stadium. There was a litte insert about it in Sports Illustrated, pretty intersting. They still have the brush thing aswell, not in use obviously since they no longer have a turf field but grounds crew director said nobody had the heart to throw it away haha

Moonax
01-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I just remember that they used to get prisoners to drive the tractor in the 1970s and 1980s

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-09-2005, 08:58 PM
haha yeah, work release programs.

They brought back the guy who drove the tractor in the playoffs that year, and he got a standing O. This was like sometime recently I guess, kinda funny, giving a criminal a standing ovation.

Moonax
01-09-2005, 09:01 PM
I think they ought to give the job to some guys from a real life Oz type jail. If all else fails he can shive Manning and then anally rape him over the gatorade barrel.

RP
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Yah comon Patriot fans. Lets start spitting out the excuses 7 days before game time.

Manning is a crybaby?? He loses composure?

If you really want me to actually start pulling up stats to make you look as ignorant as you sound i can. See 3 weeks ago against San Diego, or last year against Tampa bay ( defending world champs) And theres a ton of other instances i can pull up. Then talk to me about losing composure.

Colts recievers are soft?

You think you ( Patriots or Patriots fans ) are the first to sit there and say.. gee if we hit them hard they'll curl up in the fetal position and cry about it for the rest of the game...

Well thats funny cause this crazy concept was stirred up over 2 years ago yet we are still one of the best teams in the league and have the best WR core in the league. Are you telling me that the Patriots are the only one's that can actually implement this top secret plan... whatever.

Patriots are gunna get there assssssssssss'es handed to them snow sleet tsunami.. doesnt matter.

RP
01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
O yah cue Kenoid Kennedy for post game comments. Ask him and Joh Lynch if they still think we are soft and as they put it " Girlie men "

Ask Lynch how he felt when stokely put him on his ass to spring Reggie Wayne for his first td.

Ask Champ bailey how he felt when Harrison busted his ass to get Reggie Wayne in the endzone for the second time.

Keep questioning this teams toughness. Trust me i love it. Its great when teams and there fans talk shit about the Colts not being tough then the Colts go out there and run it up on them as if they where playing high school players.

Dont get me wrong New England are no High school players. But this Colts team are very tough. If New England thinks otherwise there gunna get there asses kicked.

The Outlaw
01-09-2005, 11:40 PM
He is just a flat-track bully. Cheap record.
lol

#1-norm-fan
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Colts 29 Pats 23

#1-norm-fan
01-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Oh yeah, by the way.

COLTS VS. PATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THERE IS A GOD... AND HE LOVES AWESOME FOOTBALL.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Do you even know what soft means? Big whoop, Harrison laid out CHAMP BAILEY, guy weighs like 190 pounds. You torch people all day and still be soft as shit. The way to beat the Colts is to be aggressive and hit them in the mouth. Remember what happened in last years AFC Championship game? Patriots punched the Colts in the mouth and Patriots rolled onto the Superbowl. Or how about last year when the Patriots stopped the Colts on the goal line to win? You wanna talk about being a tough team then you don't get stopped 4 times inside the 5 yard line.

BTW I think Wilson will be alright with Wayne...
http://www.projo.com/sharedcontent/east/nfl/20/slideshow/800/images/9.jpg

MoRcHeEbA
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
I hope the Pats win. If Indy gets off to a good start though it might make things really tough for them to keep up.

MoRcHeEbA
01-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Also I won 80 bucks today on point spread cause Indy stomped the Broncos :cool:

The Outlaw
01-10-2005, 12:06 AM
HARRISON LITTTT HIM UP

Crimson
01-10-2005, 12:34 AM
So VEL is now gonna have an excuse if the Pats lose it'll be because of Ty Law not being there :|.

I hope the Colts win, they ARE due to beat the Patriots but who knows, Patriots always find a way ... ever since the Oakland game.

House of Pancakes
01-10-2005, 12:36 AM
i'd say the patriots any other time, but with the way peyton's throwing the ball and with the injury to law, indianapolis looks poised.

el fregadero
01-10-2005, 12:42 AM
I hope the Colts win, becuase they seem to have the least amount of fans here.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-10-2005, 01:04 AM
So VEL is now gonna have an excuse if the Pats lose it'll be because of Ty Law not being there :|.That would be a factor. Wouldn't it? It wouldn't be the only reason, but your telling me having one of the best conorbacks in the NFL out for a game againest the best passing team in the NFL has no effect?

If the Pats do lose, which I don't think is gonna happen, I don't think everyone is going to be saying we would have won with Law. You really don't know for sure, but he would definetly make a positive impact in the game. He only picked off Payton Manning 3 times in last years AFC Championship game.

I am sure everybody will be riding the Colts nut since everyone hates on the Patriots. Really hope the Patriots win, can't stand the Colts and I don't want to hear it if they FINALLY beat the Pats. I am sure Rectal whatever his name will be all over the place if his Colts finally do beat the Patriots, after losing like the last 8 times in a row to them.

el fregadero
01-10-2005, 01:13 AM
I want Peyton to win this year, because Jacksonville is gonna have the title on lockdown for the next couple of years. :shifty:

Supreme Olajuwon
01-10-2005, 02:27 AM
I think the Colts are gonna win. When the Pats played the Bengals, Carson Palmer didn't seem to have too many problems with the Patriots secondary and Peyton Manning is a tad bit better than Carson so I'm thinking Peyton will be fine

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 03:19 AM
So VEL is now gonna have an excuse if the Pats lose it'll be because of Ty Law not being there :|.

I hope the Colts win, they ARE due to beat the Patriots but who knows, Patriots always find a way ... ever since the Oakland game.

Not an excuse a reason and honestly it's now just Law, Seymour is a huge factor also.

The key when the Pats won their 2 superbowls is no one (except Drew) got injured. Thats a huge key in the NFL, when your all-pro's get hurt it's much more difficult for a team to lose.

If the 80's Lakers lost w/o Magic would that be an excuse or a reason?

and Rectal, pull your head out of your ass.

"Last year vs. Tampa Bay" yeah, they went what? 7-9?
and I already mentioned I was impressed by him Vs. SD a few weeks ago, that it was a different manning then you normally see in the 2nd half.

Anyway, time will tell, if Manning wins in Foxboro, even w/ all the Pats injuries I'll give him the credit.

But, if you start seeing the old manning, the guy who when things go wrong starts shaking his head, and whining and yelling at his team mates when they didn't do anything.

Perfect example the SD game 1st half, Manning has plenty of time and throw a pic, no one around, threw it right to SD, gets on the sideline and starts yelling at his OL... WTF? He had all day, he just made a bad decision.

BabyHugger
01-10-2005, 03:57 AM
There is no doubt in my mind the Colts will win.

Gertner
01-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Manning blows in big games.

My Pats 27- Colts 21

Manning can't win in New England! Nobody can! Regardless of Seymour and Law.

You say this is a tougher Colt team. Well we beat them in week 1 and we'll do it again.

Dillon > than any running back.

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 09:56 AM
There is no doubt in my mind the Colts will win.

*insert giants comment here* :D

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Dillon is the huge key, the Pats need 8-10min drives and keep the colts off the field.

Also, the weather will be a factor, right now it calls for Cloudy and come game time temp should be in the high teens. Which really isn't that bad.

If it's colder or snows or rains, that all favors the pats, a bad field slows down the Colts, who clearly play better in a dome. The ground hurts more when it's cold, it's harder to catch when it's cold, etc... etc...

The Outlaw
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Dillon > than any running back.
No.

BabyHugger
01-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Dillon is the huge key, the Pats need 8-10min drives and keep the colts off the field.

Also, the weather will be a factor, right now it calls for Cloudy and come game time temp should be in the high teens. Which really isn't that bad.

If it's colder or snows or rains, that all favors the pats, a bad field slows down the Colts, who clearly play better in a dome. The ground hurts more when it's cold, it's harder to catch when it's cold, etc... etc...
I agree, I just think that the NE offense is not much better than the Broncos offense, it is probably worse, and that the NE defense how it is right now can't stop Manning. He has a ton of momentum and the Pats are a battered team coming off a bye.

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I agree, I just think that the NE offense is not much better than the Broncos offense, it is probably worse, and that the NE defense how it is right now can't stop Manning. He has a ton of momentum and the Pats are a battered team coming off a bye.

I think the NE Offense is better then Denver for one reason.

Brady v. Plummer.

Plummer makes horrible decisions, Brady usual does that once a year (see: Miami game).

Either way, I think it will be close, I still think the Pats can win, I just wouldn't put money on it w/ the injuries and the weather not looking too bad.

on a side note, you'd figure these two teams wouldn't give any bulleten board material...

forgot the the colts have a "stupid kicker"... he went off last night how the Pats can't win w/o Law and next Sunday the Colts will be coming home and getting ready for the AFC championship game.

Gonzo
01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
It all depends on how NE's defense plays against the Colt's O.

Whoever wins that battle, wins the game, period.

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
heard some interesting stats about the Pats w/o Law, not as bad as I thought, actually better.

Plus, the Pats are one of the lowest in offensive turnovers and the Colts are one of the lowest in defensive forced turnovers... so that's in the Pats favor... can't wait, should be an awesome game!

RP
01-10-2005, 02:29 PM
YOU FRIGGIN MORON! The Colts led the league in forced turnovers and led the league in turnover ratio at ( +19)

Get new stats. After we beat your ass preferably.

RP
01-10-2005, 02:31 PM
And yes i will be all over the place if we win. ANd regular field turf doesnt slow us down. Check our road record. These rumors you Pats fans put out about the colts.. being soft, regular turf lows us ect.. is absolute comedey.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Patriots offense is definetly better then the Broncos offense. I don't even know why you would say that. They got Brady, and Dillon is one of the best running backs in the NFL. Plus a shitload of capable WRs.

There defense will be alright, they always just do enough to win. Yeah, Palmer put up some numbers but what did Rudi Johnson do? Nothing. They shut down who they had to to win.

Colts fan you love to keep talking about stats and what happened here and there, Patriots aren't a stats team, they don't have a big play "showtime" QB, or huge stars on defense. They just play and win rings.

el fregadero
01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
And yes i will be all over the place if we win. ANd regular field turf doesnt slow us down. Check our road record. These rumors you Pats fans put out about the colts.. being soft, regular turf lows us ect.. is absolute comedey.
They're 5-3 on the road and half of those were probably played on turf.

KingofOldSchool
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Hahahaha.

The Colts are going to lose.

24 - 10

LoDownM
01-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing about the Colts last year, when they played KC at Arrowhead.

Fucking Colts. I hope they lose :mad:

31-10. Pats.

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
YOU FRIGGIN MORON! The Colts led the league in forced turnovers and led the league in turnover ratio at ( +19)

Get new stats. After we beat your ass preferably.

No idea where they got those stats on the radio, I never looked them up, but the Colts were one of the best at turnovers.

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM

It's one thing to be a fan, another to be just a complete moron who is blind by hometown loayalty.

Look at your road record.

Colts Avg 36.125 pts scored at home
Colts Ave 29.125 pts scored on the road

"Field Turf doesn't slow you down".

Sure, when it's 70 degrees and sunny.

Try rain, snow, cold, that all has an effect.

Seriously, get your head out of your ass.

Baltimore, SD, New England, all close games, all teams w/ good defenses.
All teams that the Colts has trouble with, one was a loss, 2 held them under 30points.

road doggy dogg
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Pats are gonna embarass them

The Icon of Elisim
01-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I wonder what kind of spread and over/under this game will get

Joe Kerr
01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Colts over the Pats......For those who think Pats are unstoppable ,Just look at the Great Miami / New England game.....nuff said

BCWWF
01-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Theres a lot more pressure on Manning now, just about everybody is expecting him to win this one, and if he loses it then the "Can't win the big game" thing will be bigger then ever.

If Payton can't win this week, I don't think he will ever win a Super Bowl, or at least for another 7-8 years. This is one of the best offenses ever this season, and it will probably never be this good again. That being said, they have a lot of these players locked up for quite a while now, so the defense won't be getting much better and the offense pretty much can't exceed this season. He would have to hope for like a John Elway scenario, wait until he is pretty much on a completely different team and then do it.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah looks at one game compared to the whole season :y:

Joe Kerr
01-10-2005, 08:44 PM
It was a big game the defending superbowl champs tide with the best record of the season loses to the 2nd worst team in the NFL. The point being made is Pats can be stopped. Im not even bringing up the embarassing Steelers game either.

BCWWF
01-10-2005, 08:48 PM
I don't remember exactly, but its not like the Pats needed to win that game. They obviously came in unprepared and unmotivated while the Dolphins came in as pumped up as ever. It doesn't mean much.

Joe Kerr
01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
I dont know how you go in unprepared against the dolphins. They played like a Jr. High football team. It was more of a game for pride. It was also the first time Brady had been swatted down in 13 games.

Crimson
01-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Didn't the Patriots have a bunch of injuries last year and still won the superbowl?
Maybe not as big as Law, and of course it'll be a factor. But I jus love it when like if the Patriots lose it'll be because of Law and Seymore, big fuckin woop.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Didn't the Patriots have a bunch of injuries last year and still won the superbowl?
Maybe not as big as Law, and of course it'll be a factor. But I jus love it when like if the Patriots lose it'll be because of Law and Seymore, big fuckin woop.Who is saying thats the only reason they could possibly lose? They won a shitload of games without Law so obviously they are still pretty good.

BIG WHOOP though, One of the best CBs in the NFL, and one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL out for the game. BIG WHOOP.

People are ridiculous, just because you say somebody being out can be a factor in determining the game doesn't mean you are making excuses. I still think the Patriots will win without Law, they have been doing it all season. And the Patriots really didnt have any injuries last year. Except in the 2nd half of the Superbowl when both Harrison and Wilson got hurt.

RP
01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
So your saying 29 points per game on the road isnt good?? And what does stats like how many points per game have anything to do with how fast we are? I'm willing to bet most teams in the nfl points per game on the road is lower then at home. That has nothing to do with how fast we are.

Lets go ahead and get teh excuses out of the way too. Lets here about your injuries. Lets here all the good ones. Cause when there start flying out of your mouth after we burn foxboro down, we'll be flying to pittsburgh or Indiana.

RP
01-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm telling you guys. The Colts defense are gunna step up huge. They made a statement against the Broncos. I think they'll make a bigger statement. Tho i'm not sure about the injury report yet. I know Robert mathis and Rob Morris were injured in last weeks game. That could suck. Freeney is gunna be huge. I can feel it.

Honestly. I'm not sure the Colts will score a bunch of points. Patriots have great linebackers that always give us trouble. Tipping passes . Blitzing. Teddy Bruschi is the devel. Always getting somet type of interception in these games between us. I seriously think when we win , its gunna be because of the defense

Nervous Ferret
01-11-2005, 01:10 AM
uh-huh. You are so weird. Our defense. lol that made my day a whole lot better.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Maybe not as big as Law, and of course it'll be a factor. But I jus love it when like if the Patriots lose it'll be because of Law and Seymore, big fuckin woop.

Bo, they didn't have a bunch of injuries.

Both starting CB's are gone (personally, I don't think Poole is a huge loss, I think he played over his head last year... )

Pro-Bowl DT injured, might play, if he does it's the knee he wont be 100%.

It's not an excuse, it's a reason for a team not being as good as when they're 100%.

Let me ask, if Manning blows out his ACL in practice this week, would it be an excuse if the Colts didn't beat the Pats or a reason?

It would be a reason, any team that has tops players go down to injury isn't as good as they are healthy.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 03:46 AM
I dont know how you go in unprepared against the dolphins. They played like a Jr. High football team. It was more of a game for pride. It was also the first time Brady had been swatted down in 13 games.

Actually, the Phins played a great game and Brady played a horrible game.

The Pats still had plenty of chances to win, a game they lost by 1point that Brady thew I think 4 picks.

Brady has a bad game, a really, really bad game... he seems to average one horrible game a season (maybe 2).

Joe Kerr
01-11-2005, 11:29 AM
I ment the season for the dolphins...but yes Brady did have a bad game...a really bad game. The dolphins actually won that game in the final 2 minutes. But you gotta think it wasnt just Brady. Dolphins have a horrible offence and if I remember correctly Chambers was even out that game, So the Pats Defence should have torn them up easily.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I ment the season for the dolphins...but yes Brady did have a bad game...a really bad game. The dolphins actually won that game in the final 2 minutes. But you gotta think it wasnt just Brady. Dolphins have a horrible offence and if I remember correctly Chambers was even out that game, So the Pats Defence should have torn them up easily.

Yeah, honestly Brady could have won the game... that int he threw when he couldn't see was stupid.

He had 4 picks on the day.

What really burnt the pats, could come to haunt them Sunday also, Troy Brown got burnt on Defense for I think two TD's.

Carson Palmer is the only QB who has thrown for more then 2 TD's and I think 300yds on the Pats this year. They went 8-1 w/o Law (Miami being the loss).

I really expect a good close game.

Key for the Colts is as usualy score early, get a lead... if the Colts get a 14pt lead early, I don't see the Pats catching them.

The Key for the Pats in running the ball, control the clock and keep the Colts offense off the field.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey Rectal, I just want to make sure we still have our Avator bet.

I won't put cash on this one, but I'll risk the Avator!

and I wont change the Avator early like a certain web-site welching owner... :P

RP
01-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Yah we still on. But i'm not exactly sure how to make a avatar still havent set down and taken look at that yet.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 06:09 PM
in the user panel, you just upload it.

See, I though you would have said...

"I don't know how to set mine, but it doesn't matter because the Colts are going to win"

:p

RP
01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
That goes without being said aleady.

Y2Ant
01-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm hoping that the Colts can learn from what happened last year, and in the opening game of this season. I think their chances of winning are better than they were in those games, where I pretty much knew they would lose.

I don't really "hate" the Patriots, but i'm not a big fan of seeing defenses just rough guys up as a tactic, it's kinda gay IMO, but I guess if it's legal and it works then a team have every right to do it.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm hoping that the Colts can learn from what happened last year, and in the opening game of this season. I think their chances of winning are better than they were in those games, where I pretty much knew they would lose.

I don't really "hate" the Patriots, but i'm not a big fan of seeing defenses just rough guys up as a tactic, it's kinda gay IMO, but I guess if it's legal and it works then a team have every right to do it.

I agree, the Colts have there best chance now, between experience, new players, injuries, etc...

Personally, I like defense... when games get 48-34 I get bored. I like a good hit, run stuffing etc...

I think you'll see the pass interferance called less next year, as it slowly happened after the last time they focused on it.

I don't want to see players mugged down field, but some contact I'm ok w/, incidental and such... small push offs or hand gaurding... it's the stuff that even though you do it, an average athlete in the NFL should still be able to make a play. But the major interferances that clearly take away the chance at the ball, those need to be called.

Y2Ant
01-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Sometimes I love to see a big hit, that was one of the things I loved about ice hockey, like when Darcy Tucker just nailed Sami Kapanen, that was one of the most awesome things I have seen.

Seeing John Lynch almost injure Dallas Clark with a helmet to helmet hit isn't the type of thing I like to see however.

RP
01-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Yah that was a sick hit Lynch put on Clark. Luckly Clark came back in the playoffs and put back in his face in the form of 6 catches 121 yrds and a td.

Scott Stevens> Darcy Tucker any day of the week.

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Sometimes I love to see a big hit, that was one of the things I loved about ice hockey, like when Darcy Tucker just nailed Sami Kapanen, that was one of the most awesome things I have seen.

Seeing John Lynch almost injure Dallas Clark with a helmet to helmet hit isn't the type of thing I like to see however.

Agreed, Hits are dangerous enough w/o doing crap like that!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-11-2005, 11:44 PM
http://www.projo.com/sharedcontent/east/nfl/20/slideshow/800/images/9.jpg
I love seeing big, clean hits like that one above :cool:

Although Lynchs hit on Dallas Clark was fucking sick, although as a future college tight end (HOPEFULLY) I hope I never get hit like that lol

RP
01-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm glad you posted that stima.. isnt that a illegal hit? He's hitting with his forearm. Thats actually one of the hits i was referring too. The ball was like over his head and not gunna be caught and Wilson led with his forearm imo.

RP
01-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I cant believe Vanderjact had to open his frigging mouth. OMG!

RP
01-12-2005, 12:55 AM
We need Manning to drive down to Foxboro early and be like.. Dont pay attention to the Kicker! He's liquired up !

Nervous Ferret
01-12-2005, 01:24 AM
OMG!!! Good Idea!!!

MoRcHeEbA
01-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Indy's kicker is the man :love: I love Canadians

VonErich Lives
01-12-2005, 03:40 AM
I'm glad you posted that stima.. isnt that a illegal hit? He's hitting with his forearm. Thats actually one of the hits i was referring too. The ball was like over his head and not gunna be caught and Wilson led with his forearm imo.

Hitting w/ the Forearm isn't illegal.

Hitting to the helment, w/ the forearm, helmet, hangnail, etc... is.

The actually hit wasn't on the shit the way that looks, you're seeing the end result and a still photo.

but yeah, to clarify, leading w/ you're "forearm" as you called it, isn't illegal.

RP
01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
When i watched teh actual hit on video it look like he swung his forearm to his helmet to me. Is face mask considered Helmet?

RP
01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm warming up to our kickers comments now. Its kind of getting me fired up. I kinda feel like where gunna go out there and punch the Patriots in the mouth now. 41-13

Nervous Ferret
01-12-2005, 04:05 PM
No.

VonErich Lives
01-12-2005, 04:16 PM
So, in the old Garden, the used to say the Celts would turn the heat on in the visiting teams lockeroom during the playoffs/championship series.

Today we have had snow, sleet, and lots of rain.

The field at gilette stadium is uncovered and report is there are no plans to cover the field between now and game time.

and yes, the facemask is part of the helmet, but it wasn't an illegal hit.

RP
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
It was an illegal hit and its suppose to be a sunny 35 degree's on sunday. I'm sure we'll be alright.

VonErich Lives
01-12-2005, 05:09 PM
it wasn't an illegal hit, but anyway.

It's supposed to be cloudy and 30's, that's early, this is new england, the sun will be going down before kickoff (now 4:45pm) plus, even though tomorrow is supposed to be warm, friday, sat, sunday cold... which leaves a good chance the field can freeze and if not, it could just be a sloppy mess.

That will effect the Colts, and don't try and tell me "a frozen or muddy field wont effect them" cause it will, it will slow down everyone.

On a side note, unlike Stima, I don't hate the Colts. The kicker is and idiot, but it's tough taking him seriously, Manning is great, but he's whiney and loses composure a lot when things aren't going his way, but he's still a great QB and if he stays healthy should destroy just about every record before he retires.

But in general (manning included) the Colts are a good bunch of guys, the whole blaminb last years loss on the Refs was silly.

That's one thing I really love about these Pats. They don't whine, they don't place blame and they don't talk trash. I've been a Pats fan all my life, and I remember players that blamed everyone else for the loss and it made me sick. These Pats lose a game and even if it's an obvious ref call or injury, every player stands up and takes the blame for the loss.

I still don't like the Phins (grew up hating them) and the Steelers I used to like till 2001, when they got all cocky w/ planning their superbowl rooms and talking about rings, before they played the AFC championship.

Interesting note, the NFL has release "AFC Championship gear" for the 4 teams remaining, but the Colts are the only ones who put in on their web site.

Marketing is one thing and I'm not very superspecious, but seems like a bad idea to me.

BCWWF
01-12-2005, 05:11 PM
ESPN.com has a column saying that the Patriots and fans reactions to the kickers comments are signs that they are scared. Opinions?

Gertner
01-12-2005, 05:17 PM
lol we aren't worried. Vanderjagt. You can talk when you win something. Stop trying to play with the big boys.

Gertner
01-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Colts over the Pats......For those who think Pats are unstoppable ,Just look at the Great Miami / New England game.....nuff said

Pats= undefeated at home.

nuff said.

Nervous Ferret
01-12-2005, 05:19 PM
lol. There's players. And theres kickers. Kickers are like the Rectal Pertruders of TPWW.

Gertner
01-12-2005, 05:20 PM
btw Dillon is the only back to rush for over 75 yards in each game he started. therefore

Dillon > than your running back.

BCWWF
01-12-2005, 05:24 PM
lol we aren't worried. Vanderjagt. You can talk when you win something. Stop trying to play with the big boys.
That is what the article said that confident fans would be saying

VonErich Lives
01-12-2005, 05:26 PM
ESPN.com has a column saying that the Patriots and fans reactions to the kickers comments are signs that they are scared. Opinions?

What reactions?

The only player to respond was Harrsion who called him Vender-Jerk, but refrenced when he (vanderjadt) bitched about manning and dungy.

Most people just found it funny and also suprised, the colts (like the Pats, unlike the steelers) normally don't give the other team buliten board material.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
That wasn't an illegal hit at all. Did you even see the play? There was no flag, there wasn't even ever consideration of an "illegal hit" there. He led with his shoulder. I think Waynes hands where on the ball, but I'm not totally sure. Hands on it or not, thats the type of hits you gotta lay on the Colts and get into there heads.

The Outlaw
01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
btw Dillon is the only back to rush for over 75 yards in each game he started. therefore

Dillon > than your running back.
No.

Also Vanderjagt is a moron. :mad:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-13-2005, 12:00 AM
If you guys are gonna bite my shit atleast do it right. If you put ">" you don't need than. > represents "greater than"

RP
01-13-2005, 02:53 AM
First of all Von , Its simple math...

On regular turf conditions...From a scale of 0-10

Colts team speed= 9.5

Patriots team speed= 7.5

On sloppy foxboro feild conditions...

Colts team speed=7.5

Patriots team speed=5.0

Where still FASTER THEN YOU!(imo)

Gertner you can have Corey Dillon. I'll take Edge. Watch who wins. BTW check the stats . Theres a reason Edge is in the probowl and not Corey Dillon. Its because when your a running back on a team that has 3 1000's yrd, 10 td recievers and a Record breaking qb (for td pass's) And you STILL manage to put up 1500 yards rushing and 600 recieving and 7 td. Your a good fuking rb. So we'll see how it plays out in the game. I'm not gunna be worried.

Stima...Yes i've seen the play a million times. In my opinion the ball was totally un catchable and Wilson looked as if he left his feet after the ball was done thrown over Waynes head. Now i thought that there was a rule about not Hitting that late in a play. I may be wrong. But i'm positive theres a rule that say'd that you cant launch your self into a player. Which you picture clearly shows. And the play even in slow motion (cause i got the tape ) looked as if he led with forearms to Waynes head.( Again all my opinion.)

I dont like how this is getting made out to be in the media.. Its like everyone is making the Patriots out to be this incredible under dog team. Everyone is like " Hows Belechek gunna game plan " " How are the Patriots gunna beat these Colts. Geez last tiem i checked New England was the top dog. Foxboro was the dungeon we didnt want to play at and the Patriots wehre the team that always calls are bluff. Now its like roll reversal and we havent even won the game yet. So yah i dont think theres fear in the locker room of the patriots. But i do think theres been some doubt instilled and i think that we may have gotten in there heads a little bit with our kicker making those comments.

This game is gunna be epic.

BCWWF
01-13-2005, 03:07 AM
I wish the Patriots were at full strength, that would be an amazing game. For the record, if the Pats were at full strength I still think this would be one helluva close game where either team could win, I am sure VEL, Stima, Gertner and co will disagree though ;)

MoRcHeEbA
01-13-2005, 03:32 AM
GREATER THAN

BCWWF
01-13-2005, 11:24 AM
I tried to post a "greater than or equals to" symbol once but it didn't work :rant:

Loose Cannon
01-13-2005, 11:27 AM
If you guys are gonna bite my shit atleast do it right. If you put ">" you don't need than. > represents "greater than"

lol.

VonErich Lives
01-13-2005, 04:45 PM
I wish the Patriots were at full strength, that would be an amazing game. For the record, if the Pats were at full strength I still think this would be one helluva close game where either team could win, I am sure VEL, Stima, Gertner and co will disagree though ;)

Not me, the Colts have a great team this year, but simply the Pats and Belicheck has always had Mannings number, so till either he proves otherwise (ie: wins on Sunday) or the Pats have a horrible team, I pick the Pats.

VonErich Lives
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM
First of all Von , Its simple math...

On regular turf conditions...From a scale of 0-10

Colts team speed= 9.5

Patriots team speed= 7.5

On sloppy foxboro feild conditions...

Colts team speed=7.5

Patriots team speed=5.0

Where still FASTER THEN YOU!(imo)

First of all, where are you getting these "speed" numbers, and what players/positions are you counting?

Second, for a huge colts fan, it's amazing how little you know about your own team. The Colts ue their speed, but their offense is all about timing patterns, manning steps back and will throw the ball where he expects the WR to be at a certain point, yes most QB's do this, but the Colts do it all the time, which works great on Turf in a dome. It also allows manning to release the ball faster and gives the WR a slight advatage cause they know where the ball will be and when.

The porblem is w/ a messy field, you slip, you're slower, etc... etc... timing patterns suck.

Today it rained a little, and there's talk of rain tonight. Apperently the NFL rules say that the NFL has "control" of the field 24hrs before kickoff, so the Pats can do what they want, but if the NFL wants on Saturday they can force them to cover the field, also the Pats are one of the newer fields that has heating under it, so if the field did freeze they could use the heat to warm/melt the ice which creates more of a mess.

Anyway, this is getting old, so I'm done w/ the whole pats v. colts comparison... we can discuss it again after then game.

It should be a close game, and taking into account current field conditions I pick the Pats. Another reason is the style of "run defense" the Colts use. They don't stay back to stuff the run, they blitz w/ the theroy a blitzing player can stop the RB on his way at the QB. I don't think that system works well on a sloppy field.

All being said, if this game was in Indy, w/ the Pats current injuries, I'd have to (w/ my head, not my heart) pick Indy.

But that's why the better team during the season gets home field advantage... and times like these, it helps.

the_rock's_#1_fan
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
In the SB XXXIX I'm predicting N.Y. Jets vs. New England Patriots, 38-24 win for New England.

Loose Cannon
01-13-2005, 04:56 PM
:lol:

Joe Kerr
01-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Pats= undefeated at home.

nuff said.

Does this take in the fact that some of New Englands Key Starters are injuried and wont be playing..

Also the weather is suppose to be nice in the upper thirties..So Manning will be playing Great.

VonErich Lives
01-13-2005, 07:07 PM
In the SB XXXIX I'm predicting N.Y. Jets vs. New England Patriots, 38-24 win for New England.

and which team do you think will transfer to the NFC?

VonErich Lives
01-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Also the weather is suppose to be nice in the upper thirties..So Manning will be playing Great.

Ok there Sean Salisburry...

Let's explain a few things about New England weather.

1) The weather people don't know what's actually going to happen most the time.

2) Yesterday was snow, sleet and rain, today rain, tomorrow calls for rain and then snow, Saturday partly cloudy and Sunday mostly cloudy.
They had pics of the field in the paper today, it looks like a swamp, there is no tarp and wont be, w/ the possible exception of 24hrs before kickoff which by league rules is when the NFL takes "control of the playing surface".
As for the temp, right now it says high of 33, low of 16. The kick off is scheduled for 4:45pm, it will probably be in the 20's and into the teens by the 2nd qtr.

The reason I called you Sean Salisburry, he was on ESPN going off about how it's going to be a nice sunny day, and someone finally explained to him in Foxboro, in January at 4:45pm, THERE IS NO SUN! official "Sunset time" for sunday calls for 4:40pm, then factor a cloudy day... and forget it, no sun, and it will be cold.

As I said, switch fields, and put this game in Indy and I'd pick the Colts. Or even make the field in good shape and the weather warmer... but this field is going to be the "12th man" in the same way the carpet/dome is the "12th man" for Indy.

So yeah, people keep spouting off about NE weather and most of them (See: Sean Salisbury for example) have no clue what they're talking about.

The Outlaw
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I wanna see a good game. :love:

Joe Kerr
01-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Ok there Sean Salisburry...

Let's explain a few things about New England weather.

1) The weather people don't know what's actually going to happen most the time.

2) Yesterday was snow, sleet and rain, today rain, tomorrow calls for rain and then snow, Saturday partly cloudy and Sunday mostly cloudy.
They had pics of the field in the paper today, it looks like a swamp, there is no tarp and wont be, w/ the possible exception of 24hrs before kickoff which by league rules is when the NFL takes "control of the playing surface".
As for the temp, right now it says high of 33, low of 16. The kick off is scheduled for 4:45pm, it will probably be in the 20's and into the teens by the 2nd qtr.

The reason I called you Sean Salisburry, he was on ESPN going off about how it's going to be a nice sunny day, and someone finally explained to him in Foxboro, in January at 4:45pm, THERE IS NO SUN! official "Sunset time" for sunday calls for 4:40pm, then factor a cloudy day... and forget it, no sun, and it will be cold.

As I said, switch fields, and put this game in Indy and I'd pick the Colts. Or even make the field in good shape and the weather warmer... but this field is going to be the "12th man" in the same way the carpet/dome is the "12th man" for Indy.

So yeah, people keep spouting off about NE weather and most of them (See: Sean Salisbury for example) have no clue what they're talking about.

All I was saying is that there wont be rain or snow during the game and its going to be in the thirties...which you basically repeated. Rain is suppose to end tomorrow..I live about a hour from Pittsburgh and Cleveland the front of rain has already ended here and should by mid day tomorrow be finished through NE (the front is moveing at 60+mph) the feild may be wet but not frozen. Im sure the feild will be cleaned tomorrow after the rain stops and covered.

VonErich Lives
01-14-2005, 03:29 AM
All I was saying is that there wont be rain or snow during the game and its going to be in the thirties...which you basically repeated. Rain is suppose to end tomorrow..I live about a hour from Pittsburgh and Cleveland the front of rain has already ended here and should by mid day tomorrow be finished through NE (the front is moveing at 60+mph) the feild may be wet but not frozen. Im sure the feild will be cleaned tomorrow after the rain stops and covered.

Again, if you take the current predicte weather, it wont be 30 at game time.

VonErich Lives
01-14-2005, 03:30 AM

oh, and it wont be cleaned/covered. The only way they will cover the field is 24hrs before kickoff (saturday) if the league forces them.

VonErich Lives
01-15-2005, 03:35 PM
now talking chance of Snow sunday night, flurries getting heavier at night.

*does a snow dance and asks the gods for snow*

Joe Kerr
01-15-2005, 03:46 PM
oh, and it wont be cleaned/covered. The only way they will cover the field is 24hrs before kickoff (saturday) if the league forces them.

they reported today that the feild has been covered since thursday and will be uncovered tonight to Paint the 50 yard logo. The NFL stated the feild is in excellent condition.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Yea the field was covered the other night I guess

People are getting way to into if the field is covered or not, I don't know. It needs to be shitty out during the game to play a big effect. The field is gonna be a sloppy track regardless, doesn't matter if it's been covered or not.

Loose Cannon
01-15-2005, 11:03 PM
well I did last year and I guess again this year, I'm going for the Pats now. Mainly cause they're Northeast and I can't stand Payton Manning for some reason.

So Screw the Colts.

Fucking Jets

MoRcHeEbA
01-16-2005, 12:40 AM
isn't Philly the northeast to :o

Just cheer for the vikes...

el fregadero
01-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Can't believe I am going to miss this game. First time in forever when I have worked Sunday evening. :'(

VonErich Lives
01-16-2005, 02:16 AM
they reported today that the feild has been covered since thursday and will be uncovered tonight to Paint the 50 yard logo. The NFL stated the feild is in excellent condition.

I heard they did and then took it off before the lines... whatever, as stima said... it will be sloppy.

Plus there is now snow talk.

2 keys for the pats to win.

1) Run the ball.

2) get the colts timing off, weather it's fields or bumping. I wouldn't be suprise to see them bump the TE's and WR's and give edge an open field.

RP
01-16-2005, 02:29 AM
I dunno but if we get by the Pats tommorow Willy Williams will have a huge target on his back after todays Jets/Steelers game.

Loose Cannon
01-16-2005, 09:03 AM
isn't Philly the northeast to :o

Just cheer for the vikes...

probably is and so is Steelers

But I consider them Mid-Atlantic

KayfabeMan
01-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Colts :y:

Joe Kerr
01-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Colts....although I have Doubts.....plus if the colts win they have to go up against Pittsburgh...where again ill have doubts...heres Dreaming Superbowl XXXIX is Colts vs. Eagles

RP
01-16-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm nervous, but i got the avatar up.

VonErich Lives
01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm nervous, but i got the avatar up.

You've done nothing but talk about how the Colts will kill the Pats...

What are you Nervous about?

The Outlaw
01-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm a huge Colts fan but I seriously don't know about this game. :o

I'm hoping for a good game and for us to squeak by.

Mad worried though. :mad:

Joe Kerr
01-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Colts need to win now to make me 4 for 4 this weekend....Its going to be close.

Joe Kerr
01-16-2005, 04:37 PM
well its snowing......Crap.

#1-norm-fan
01-16-2005, 04:43 PM
COLTS... PATS... SNOW...

I have never been so excited about a football game in my life.

#1-norm-fan
01-16-2005, 04:43 PM
MANNNIINNNNNGGG!

That is all. Gonna go watch now.

Joe Kerr
01-16-2005, 06:02 PM
game is going to be a lower scoring game

SammyG
01-16-2005, 06:14 PM
6-3 halftime.. hmmm.. pats doin good of slowin down the colts so far, colts got a nice drive in the end though. cnat wait for the 2nd half

road doggy dogg
01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
That hit by Samuel (I think) on Stokley near the end of the half was sick. Can't believe Stokley held onto the ball. Brusci stealing that fumble was awesome. Score doesn't show it, but Pats are tearing them apart. That last drive was the only time Indy even looked into it. Wonder if that momentum will carry into the second half

Sepholio
01-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Colts baby, they gotta bring the win home.

Colts -vs- Falcons in the Superbowl :D

BCWWF
01-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Pats look to have this one, which kind of sucks for Peyton, but really his chances went down the drain when the snow started coming down. He just doesn't look confident, they show him walking off the field shaking his head and he is getting frustrated with his players. He is going to have to get home field if he wants to get there.

I really must say, the Patriots are a really cool team. I don't know why, but in a game like this I just look at them as like holier than thou. Its nighttime and snowing and there are the Patriots. I love the uniforms, they make the Colts look like a shitty high school team going up against the best team in the league. Then they just have such cool players on their defense, Tedy Bruschi (spell), Rodney Harrison, I know they aren't here but Ty Law and Nate Poole, just their whole team is badass. They are just a really classy team and I hope they win the Superbowl again.

Loose Cannon
01-16-2005, 07:13 PM
haha, fuckin colts.

Sepholio
01-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Colts suck in snow :/

MoRcHeEbA
01-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Bruschi is a machine

Crimson
01-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Die Patriots.

Pats/Falcons superbowl should be ok I guess.

SammyG
01-16-2005, 07:26 PM
He sucks meat, He sucks meat. He sucks meat. Today at least, hey, great job to the pats, amazing performance, i hope htye beat the steelers, then lose in the Superbowl

Nervous Ferret
01-16-2005, 07:33 PM
will rectal pertruder shut up now? He has no reason to post anymore. :haha:

road doggy dogg
01-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Hahahaha Colts got ripped apart. Dillon was on fire.

MoRcHeEbA
01-16-2005, 07:42 PM
How did your team do this year Tonavin ;)

BCWWF
01-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Manning didn't choke or fuck up, the Patriots defense was better. They didn't let Mannings recievers get open, so theres not much more he can do. I would barely say he choked, his team just wasn't the better team, but unfortunately for him the common perception is going to be "Peyton choked"

Joe Kerr
01-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Steelers Eagles Superbowl....

road doggy dogg
01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
How did your team do this year Tonavin ;)

Pssht, I'm already long past accepting the fact that the Lions are awful. Any win over #4 in a season is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned. I take what I can get. Low standards 4 lyf.

VonErich Lives
01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Wooo!

Rectal needs a new Avatar!

road doggy dogg
01-16-2005, 07:49 PM
God the CBS guys are annoying. I like Peyton as much as the next guy, but seriously. Every time the Colts do anything good, it's because Peyton Manning is the messiah of football. But anytime they lose, it obviously isn't his fault. I mean, it's not like one of the reasons he's so good is because he can read defenses so well or anything. So when he can't/doesn't do that, how isn't it his fault? C'monnnnnn

BCWWF
01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Eagles - Patriots I think

VonErich Lives
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Which one goes in my sig?

If Bellicheck finds a way to stifle our offense this year i will go on record as saying he's the greatest coach ever.

Our offense, this year , is just way too dominant to be shut down. So if it happens . Bellicheck is a god.

I'm warming up to our kickers comments now. Its kind of getting me fired up. I kinda feel like where gunna go out there and punch the Patriots in the mouth now. 41-13

Manning did play well, his "Great WR Core" didn't, I don't fault them for not getting open, I fault the WR/TE/RB for the Drops and Fumbles.

Y2Ant
01-16-2005, 07:57 PM
I did not enjoy today's games. :(

Y2Ant
01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
God the CBS guys are annoying. I like Peyton as much as the next guy, but seriously. Every time the Colts do anything good, it's because Peyton Manning is the messiah of football. But anytime they lose, it obviously isn't his fault. I mean, it's not like one of the reasons he's so good is because he can read defenses so well or anything. So when he can't/doesn't do that, how isn't it his fault? C'monnnnnn

Manning did play well, his "Great WR Core" didn't, I don't fault them for not getting open, I fault the WR/TE/RB for the Drops and Fumbles.

Although I didn't understand the lack of deep balls thrown/attempts to burn the cornerbacks (no T.O joke intended) also, but I dunno who to blame for that.

Nervous Ferret
01-16-2005, 08:00 PM
lol VEL, Troy Brown shut down Stokely.

VonErich Lives
01-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Although I didn't understand the lack of deep balls thrown/attempts to burn the cornerbacks (no T.O joke intended) also, but I dunno who to blame for that.

Play calling is the coaching.

What the Colts were trying to do w/ the runs and short throws is get the Pats to play up, maybe put 8 in the box, and try and stop the short stuff, possible drop the zones and go man-up, and when/if the Pats did that the Colts would have gone deep.

The Pats gave up the 5 and less, and wouldn't let the Colts burn them deep.

MoRcHeEbA
01-16-2005, 08:07 PM
yeah, the Vikings could look into some play-calling... Also the Fox guys wouldn't shut up about Owens, I mean no need to talk about the team that's winning now.

Gertner
01-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Hmmmmm, thanks for coming out Peyton. Brady is the real deal bitch. Your regulkar season stats don't mean shit. Now everybody jump on the Pats bandwagon like it happens every year

like I said before Dillon> than any other running back.

Joe Kerr
01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Cant wait for Bettis to make Dillon look like a small fry

DaveWadding
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping for a good game and for us to squeak by.

I didn't see you on the field, Rick. :shifty:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-16-2005, 10:16 PM
LOL Wow that was great. Patriots fucking DOMINATED the Colts hahah wow

Where are all the haters at now??

Payton Manning can have his record, and his 3 1,000 yard WR, and hes probowl running back. I'll take Brady and his rings, and Dillons 144 yards rushing

ALSO, Kevin Fault out rushed James hahah

Patriots > Colts, Rectual whatever, The Outlaw, Y2Ant, Your mother, Payton Manning, Marvin "Did I even play today?" Harrison, Mike "I talk shit and I was on the field 3 times today" Vandershank, and your step father

Y2Ant
01-16-2005, 11:35 PM
:(

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Did you guys see post game on CBS? Marino and Shannon Sharpe got all pissed at each other. Sharpe said Manning looked awful and Marino was like trying to stand up for him. Wented SOMETHING like this

After Sharpe said Manning played horrible

Marino: WHOA wait, he barely had the ball he didnt play that bad

Sharpe: WHAT? They were 26th or 27th in time of possession in the NFL anyways he never had the ball for long anyways

Marino: im not trying to defend him here but he didn't have the ball long

Sharpe: WELL what did he do when he did have the ball? Can you tell me that?

Marino had nothing to say hahahah

Hilarious that Marino is trying to back up Manning, since Manning is the next Dan Marino.

el fregadero
01-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Dammit, now I'm probably not even gonna watch the AFC game next weekend.

RP
01-17-2005, 12:28 AM
We were dominated. Patriots are a much better team.

Nervous Ferret
01-17-2005, 12:30 AM
good boy. You can go die now.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
We were dominated. Patriots are a much better team.
Fabulous :love:

BCWWF
01-17-2005, 01:21 AM
I tried to rep you but it didn't work, I think i've repped Rectal Protruded a lot lately

Nervous Ferret
01-17-2005, 01:52 AM
why?

The Outlaw
01-17-2005, 02:37 AM
I don't really see how you can say Peyton played horrible. He didn't have an atrocious game or anything. Everytime he got something going he would get a holding call or a false start on himself (Don't really care if that is the rule...if it is it = terrible) Ive seen that play ran quite a few times and never seen a penalty called. What I found odd is they threw one deep ball. ONE? On a crippled secondary? Come on, that is seriously just...strange I guess?

Yeah that helmet to helmet hit was pretty sick. Surprised it wasn't called the way they are cracking down on that. Also, if a ball is uncatchable, how can pass intro be called? :?: Not like it would have mattered, I doubt they could have won even if they would have gotten any breaks the way they were calling plays. GO DEEP. DOn't throw these little 5 yard routes and letting the LB/DB's tee off on the receivers. I just did not understand that at all.

Meh, I'm hoping for a Philly - Pitt Superbowl now. The only two teams I really halfway like are Pitt and Atlanta, so I don't want them both to make it because then it would be another SuperBowl that I don't really care about. :(

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 02:46 AM
How was that ball uncatchable though? His hand was pretty close to it, and he got grabbed before the ball was even near him. That was definetly pass interferce.

And its a false start because Manning put his hands UNDER center, how is it a terrible rule? Once you are set like that you can't move out, its would the samething as the guard picking up his hand and moving. You can't do that.

I don't know, I don't think anybody was open deep. A few times Manning seemed to have all day to throw and he had no where to go. They were trying to go deep, Patriots just flat out shut them down. Secondary stepped it up, they probably took it personal when everyone was talking about how Manning was going to tear them apart. I didn't see Manning tearing shit apart, Colts were lucky to even muster up a FG. Surprised there are no excuses this year though. As my boy Tedy B had to say after the game "What rules are they gonna change now?" hahah QUOTE OF THE NIGHT.

Yeah Manning didn't play TERRIBLE, but what exaclty did he do good? Not much, he threw an INT aswell, should have been 2 picks though. Bruschi picked that ball off, Rhodes never had it. Patriots just smacked the soft as shit Colts in the mouth, I knew they would smack them around. I don't know it wouldn't even be close though.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh yeah I'm suprised a flag wasn't thrown on that play either, it seems like everytime there is a big hit a flag is thrown now a days. Yeah they hit helmet to helmet, but it would pretty hard not to in that situation. It wasn't like he used his helmet has a battering ram on that play or anything. When you lay somebody out like that your helmets are gonna have to meet a little bit atleast.

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 02:53 AM
I don't really see how you can say Peyton played horrible. He didn't have an atrocious game or anything. Everytime he got something going he would get a holding call or a false start on himself (Don't really care if that is the rule...if it is it = terrible) Ive seen that play ran quite a few times and never seen a penalty called. What I found odd is they threw one deep ball. ONE? On a crippled secondary? Come on, that is seriously just...strange I guess?

Yeah that helmet to helmet hit was pretty sick. Surprised it wasn't called the way they are cracking down on that. Also, if a ball is uncatchable, how can pass intro be called? :?: Not like it would have mattered, I doubt they could have won even if they would have gotten any breaks the way they were calling plays. GO DEEP. DOn't throw these little 5 yard routes and letting the LB/DB's tee off on the receivers. I just did not understand that at all.

Meh, I'm hoping for a Philly - Pitt Superbowl now. The only two teams I really halfway like are Pitt and Atlanta, so I don't want them both to make it because then it would be another SuperBowl that I don't really care about. :(

Couple things.

1) I agree, I don't think Manning played horrible it wasn't like he threw the ball away or made bad reads, no one was open.

2) I didn't understand the play calling, well, I did in the 1st half, the idea was to get the Pats to play up, so the colts could then go deep. I don't see why they didn't adjust in the 2nd half and try going deep more, but that's nothing to do w/ Manning. That's the HC and OC.

3) I was suprised on the helmet to helmet, I didn't think he planted and turned which would have made the contact legal. I give stokley credit for holding onto that one.

4) The call on Manning was fine, he screwed up by getting under Center, I've seen that done before but the QB doesn't get under center. The reason for the rule is the QB's used to do things like bobing there head to try and trick the Defense into jumping offsides, that's now illegal. Once the QB is under center he has to take the snap or call time out. It's the right call and the right rule, and the only real mistake I felt Manning made.

5) I could be wrong, but if I understood the call, it was before the pass was considered uncatchable. For a penalty not to be called it has to occur after the ball is uncatchable and I think they called it a penalty because at the point it happed there was no way to know if it was catchable yet and clearly was done while making a play on the ball. That being said, it was pretty close, so I'm suprised they would have called that one uncatchable anyway.

The Outlaw
01-17-2005, 02:54 AM
How was that ball uncatchable though? His hand was pretty close to it, and he got grabbed before the ball was even near him. That was definetly pass interferce.

And its a false start because Manning put his hands UNDER center, how is it a terrible rule? Once you are set like that you can't move out, its would the samething as the guard picking up his hand and moving. You can't do that.

I don't know, I don't think anybody was open deep. A few times Manning seemed to have all day to throw and he had no where to go. They were trying to go deep, Patriots just flat out shut them down. Secondary stepped it up, they probably took it personal when everyone was talking about how Manning was going to tear them apart. I didn't see Manning tearing shit apart, Colts were lucky to even muster up a FG. Surprised there are no excuses this year though. As my boy Tedy B had to say after the game "What rules are they gonna change now?" hahah QUOTE OF THE NIGHT.

Yeah Manning didn't play TERRIBLE, but what exaclty did he do good? Not much, he threw an INT aswell, should have been 2 picks though. Bruschi picked that ball off, Rhodes never had it. Patriots just smacked the soft as shit Colts in the mouth, I knew they would smack them around. I don't know it wouldn't even be close though.
The ref announced that the ball was uncatchable when he called it pass intro.

I've seen Peyton do that, I've seen Daunte do that (actually against the Packers he had his hand under center and raised one up and gave Randy the audible), and I have seen Brett do that. Never have I seen it called until now. :-\

I thought Rhodes had it all the way until he hit the ground where Bruschi took it from him. Just what I thought though, we are both biased so the discussion will go nowhere.

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 02:57 AM
I thought Rhodes had it all the way until he hit the ground where Bruschi took it from him. Just what I thought though, we are both biased so the discussion will go nowhere.

I agree w/ both of you.

Rhodes had possesion and Teddy took it away before he hit the ground.

The Outlaw
01-17-2005, 02:59 AM
It was a tough play to call, and you could tell the refs had no idea what to do. They hesitated pretty bad. It was a good play though, regardless of when he got possession of it.

I always just want to slap Brady when I hear him do an interview. He needs to quit football and go do acting or some shit. :mad:

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
It was a tough play to call, and you could tell the refs had no idea what to do. They hesitated pretty bad. It was a good play though, regardless of when he got possession of it.

I always just want to slap Brady when I hear him do an interview. He needs to quit football and go do acting or some shit. :mad:

He's dating a hot actress, that's good enough.

Also, he's said in interviews he'd like to go into polotics someday.

weather vane
01-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Vick is coming.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 03:31 AM
The ref announced that the ball was uncatchable when he called it pass intro.

I've seen Peyton do that, I've seen Daunte do that (actually against the Packers he had his hand under center and raised one up and gave Randy the audible), and I have seen Brett do that. Never have I seen it called until now. :-\ Well he said the defender wrapped around him, thus making it uncatchable. Which results in a flag. Only time "uncatchable" should even be called IMO is when the ball is ridiculously overthrown because how do you know the guy isn't gonna run underneath it if contact was never made?

I think the rule with the QB's is that you can't pull out like that. Like he got up and walked away which isn't allowed. You are allowed to make an audible, like point or whatever, but you still need to take the snap. I didn't know it was illegal til today, but I guess once you simulate like you are going to snap the ball then walk again and don't talk the snap I guess its a false start.

RP
01-17-2005, 12:32 PM
There was really no excuses. We got are asses handed to us. This one isnt on the defense either cause they busted there ass and played as hard as they could considering there offense couldnt keep them off the field. Mad props to Colts defense.

I have no words to describe how angry at that utter peice of crap they called a Offensive Gameplan. I mean what the fuck was that Dink and Dunk bull shit .. screen passes and 5 yard outs. It was like they tried to go West Coast offense on them. I dont think they ran play action pass more then 3 times. PLAY ACTION PASS! omg. It was like they totally scrapped the offense at the last second and said do short bull shit passes. The WR's were never giving a chance to even make a play on balls. Almost like they were scared to throw a ball that Wayne or Harrison could go after. Hell stokely was making plays but they seemed to forget about him in the second half. Stokely was burning anyone who was on him the first half. Taking shots and hanging onto the ball .. Stokely was on fire but they didnt see it.

The Offense was pathetic. Patriots kicked our ass.

RP
01-17-2005, 12:33 PM
And fucking Teddy Brushci.. I swear to go the mother fucker is constantly making huge plays on us. I said it earlier in this thread. "Teddy Brushci is the devel. "

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Teddy had a funny line after the game... something like "I wonder what rule they're going to try and get changed this time, maybe they won't have to play in snow"

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 01:01 PM
oh yeah, on that fake that manning was called offsides.

Dungy said after the game, he didn't know the rule, that Manning had to stop for 1 second.

That confused me, because stopping (planting feet) would point twords illegal man in motion, not false start..

and since there was no one else in motion (I don't think) then manning should have been ok.

I understand the call if it was false start, but not sure how stopping for a second would have changed that.

#1-norm-fan
01-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Manning didn't have a bad game. He didn't turn the ball over besides the meaningless throw with 4 seconds left. He completed a good percent of his passes though alot of them were for short yardage. They had no running game.

The recievers couldn't get open down the field and Manning took what the D gave him rather than trying to force things down field and throwing 4 picks like last year. They probably should have stuck with the run a bit longer though.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah Stokley was "burning" Troy Brown short for like 7-10 yards a few times. Stokley had a great catch when he got laid out, but I don't remember him doing much after that. You think he wasn't thinking about that for the rest of the game? Everybody is asking why they didn't go field. Maybe they couldn't? Nobody was open, the "banged up" secondary shot them down. The secondary has been banged up all year. Tyrone Pool played like one game. Ty Law has been out for months. Thats there "weakness" though :-\

Play action passes don't work when you can't run the ball. The Patriots had the stretch play on lock too, one play Edgerin James was standing there looking for a hole, he legit like stopped running and he just had nowhere to go.

Joe Kerr
01-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Patriots > Colts, Rectual whatever, The Outlaw, Y2Ant, Your mother, Payton Manning, Marvin "Did I even play today?" Harrison, Mike "I talk shit and I was on the field 3 times today" Vandershank, and your step father

Yeah Vandershank...he so bad of a kicker that the 2003 season he missed absoultly no feild goals...horrible.

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah Vandershank...he so bad of a kicker that the 2003 season he missed absoultly no feild goals...horrible.

Then he sobered up.

He's a good kicker, but WTF is that fresh prince head-bob crap he does.

Silly canadian drunk...

I wonder if he still thinks the Pats are ripe for the pickings.

MoRcHeEbA
01-17-2005, 06:51 PM
he scored against them

VonErich Lives
01-17-2005, 06:53 PM
he scored against them

yeah, was funny Willie McGinist said they did alot of things well, but they weren't perfect, they let Vanderjack score.

I love that during the game the fans were chanting "cut that meat".

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 09:20 PM
LOL so what? He talked shit and his team lost

I don't care if he's never missed a field goal in his life, until he wins hits 2 FGs to win Superbowls, OR hits a game winning field goal in ANY big game, he can just sit down and shut up.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-17-2005, 09:22 PM
he scored against them
He ran his mouth and he made one chip shot field goal. He was on the field twice the entire game, then after half he kicked a short ass kick off and gave the Patriots good field position.

Gonzo
01-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah I don't care how good you think that guy is, he is a total dumbass.

The Outlaw
01-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Yet he is still being talked about...

VonErich Lives
01-18-2005, 12:08 AM
and laughed at.

This is the same guy who critisized his coach and QB...

silly drunken kicker... :rofl:

The Outlaw
01-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Yeah I mean I don't like him either, but it's just funny that everyone is all oh he's not important he's just a kicker and doesn't see the field but a few plays a game, etc. etc. etc.

Just ignore him like everyone on the PATS team minus...Harrison I think? He was the only one that sounded pissed off about what he said, which was expected of him.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Yet he is still being talked about...I don't get what that has to do with anything. The game just played yesterday, and he is a shit talking kicker. He should use his foot for more then just kicking, he should learn to stick it in his mouth.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Another little note about the game. My brother is a bouncer at a pretty fell known night club in Boston, and he saw Eugene Wilson walking out at like 2:30 am absolutely cocked off his ass. That is kinda funny, huge game on Sunday and he is hammered early Saturday morning hahah

The Outlaw
01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
lol that is pretty crazy

I just meant that everyone made a huge ass deal about it but used the argument that "he's just a kicker" and noone cares...

You know :rant:

VonErich Lives
01-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Another little note about the game. My brother is a bouncer at a pretty fell known night club in Boston, and he saw Eugene Wilson walking out at like 2:30 am absolutely cocked off his ass. That is kinda funny, huge game on Sunday and he is hammered early Saturday morning hahah

yeah, a little suprised, but not very.

I think it was Namouth who used to say, people thought he was a party animal, and he wasnt, he just figured out when they had 4:30pm games he could go out late and still get a good nights sleep.