PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

BCWWF
01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm not really a wrasslin fan anymore, but there is an event coming to town this Friday and I am thinking about going, but answer me this. Is it a Raw?

http://targetcenter.com/eventDetail.aspx?scheduleID=860

It calls itself WWE Raw! Live, but I always through Raw was filmed live on Monday. Whats the deal?

Anybody Thrilla
01-09-2005, 06:19 PM
No it's not a Raw. It's on a Friday. It's a Raw brand house show.

Anybody Thrilla
01-09-2005, 06:20 PM
It looks like a pretty fuckin' solid card, though. I'd definitely go.

Volchok
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
wow...nice card...

BCWWF
01-15-2005, 05:25 PM
I went, it was pretty cool. It was a house show and the 18000 seat arena had maybe 7-8,000. The house lights were out, which was kind of weird. The first couple matches were just weird, I wonder how they get pumped up for that. I was dissapointed in the set and stuff, because it would be sweet to see like a real Raw is War with the Titantron and the real entrances and stuff, but it was all good.

I didn't know a lot of the wrestlers because I haven't followed closely in some time, but there were some really good ones.

Main event: Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
This match was alright, Flair is Minnesotan but his promo didn't make it clear if he was a face or a heel. He was talking shit about Randy Moss :?: I've always disliked him and liked HBK, so yeah. The main point of the match was that HBK pulled Flairs pants down revealing his whole ass (But thank god somehow not the front) and he waddled around with HBK holding on for like 30 seconds. I felt kind of bad though, this is the HBK that I saw in Wrestlemania 14 as just the man, and now he came back to do this? I wish he didn't come back really, but it was sweet to see the Sweet Chin Music.

Other matches:
Batista vs. Randy Orton
This one was pretty good, they are both new since I stopped watching, but both seemed to be babyfaces. I was more of an Orton fan because he is from St. Louis, that and Batista's image doesn't really fit his gimmick. Orton won.

Kane vs. Snitsky
Snitsky is the worst name for a character ever, and Kane is still somewhat cool, but they ruined him by taking his mask off. Kane won.

Jerico had a big pop, I forget who he wrestled, it might have been Maven.

Chris Benoit and Edge wrestled, I forget the outcome, actually no Edge won by rolling Benoit up after something illegal.

There was supposed to be a 4 way womens match with Trish included, but instead they just had Molly Holly vs. some lady from LA, meh.

Actually wait, Jerico wrestled some Arab guy. The Arab guy had a cool entrance, that was about it. Jerico is the man though.

Maven wrestled some black guy I've never seen before for the Intercontinental, I think his name was Melvin? He seemed pretty cool though.

Royal Rumble Qualifying, Christian beat William Regal (or is it Steven?)

The opening match was Hurricane and some random guy vs. two random Canadians (typical anti american gimmick, yawn)

I think I am missing some matches, but no big ones. There were some pretty big names there which was cool, but it would really be a lot cooler to go to a Raw or PPV. The whole time I was just thinking how cool that would have been to be in the crowd the night when Paul White and Stone Cold pulled the Titantron down, or when Stone Cold came out with the beer truck, or to see one of the guys come down from the cieling, or hell in a cell, any of that stuff. Wow.

There are two problems with wrestling that I gathered from last night.

1. It is too predictable and unrealistic. That thing where the ref lifts up the arm twice and then the third time the guy holds his arm up, lame :o Every heel won their match by some stupid illegal activity. The refs are just too stupid. The punching and stuff just isn't good enough either. I think wrestling will have a makeover soon where stupid stuff like that is cut out and the whole style changes.

2. The talent/characters just aren't cutting it. In one way, there is way too much talent for only one organization (I know there is Raw and Smackdown brands, but even so). When WCW was really big they had a lot of talent like this, but they had a lot of well thought up stables and good storylines to make it work. nWo Hollywood, Wolf Pack, LWO, 4 Horsemen, Ravens Flock. It just seems like all the storys, from low card to main event were good. Now it just seems like a lot of guys involved in dumb storylines, the first match doesn't get heat like it used to. I think the problem is that there are too many "name brand" guys. Also I think the talent is too bulked up now, you have to have more of those guys who aren't in great shape, Stone Cold wasn't a body builder, neither was Billy Kidman. The big guys just can't sell the moves as well IMO.

McLegend
01-15-2005, 05:46 PM
The guys name who you don't know is Shelton not Melvin.

Team Sheep
01-15-2005, 06:37 PM
When he was talking about Randy Moss, was he talking about that thing he did the other day when he mimed taking his trousers off and pulling a mooney at the crowd? I saw that the other day and found it ridiculous how much stick he was getting for it, yet funny at the same time. :lol:

BCWWF
01-16-2005, 04:27 AM
Yeah, he was saying "If I was the commishioner I would fine his ass" and stuff like that :o

Kapoutman
01-16-2005, 04:34 AM
I think the two random Canadians you are refering to were La Résistance.