PDA

View Full Version : Would the greatest show on turf, please stand up.

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 05:43 PM
2000 Rams v. 2004 Colts.

Wadding, Rectal... make your cases... and anyone else.

DaveWadding
01-10-2005, 05:45 PM
How about we wait until after the SB to make that comparison? ;)

VonErich Lives
01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
How about we wait until after the SB to make that comparison? ;)

Nah, I wanted a break down w/o looking at playoff results, cause that takes into account the competition more then the team itself.

Also, the '00 Rams and the '04 Colts won't face any like opponents even if they go the the SB.

Splaya
01-10-2005, 05:57 PM
The 200 Rams had everything. They had Az-Hair Hakim returning kickoffs like a madman. They had a running back in Marshall Faulk that was actually healthy. Warner was healthy and throwing TD's like crazy. They had Issac Bruce, a young but coming up star in Torry Holt. They had Hakim at WR also and Ricky Proehl. They had one of the best TE (at the time) in Ernie Conwell. The rams had a great offensive line led by Orlando Pace.

The Colts have a kick return that is good, but not great. Manning is the best QB of this era and on his way to becoming the best of all time. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harriston, Brandon Stokley and Dallas Clark have turned this offense into a weapon. Edgerrin James has become healthy again and is leading them towards a great playoff run.

Here is the key the Rams did not have to go outdoors during the entire playoff run. They had all home games during that championship season. Manning and company must go outside to face the NE Patriots. If they can survive and still put up 35+ points, then they deserve the title of "Greatest Show on Turf". Until then, The Rams will still have that title, to that specific season with their team

road doggy dogg
01-10-2005, 06:27 PM
2001 DETROIT LIONS

SammyG
01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
if the rams and the colts made it to the superbowl this year, as much as it hurts me to say it, i think the colts would eat them alive, their offense is just too good. rams have a good offense too, but they cant score touchdowns on every single drive, like the colts can. GO RAMS AGAINST ATLANTA btw...

BCWWF
01-10-2005, 08:24 PM
The 1998 Vikings actually

BabyHugger
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Colts. They have the best QB of all team. Enough said.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Colts have a better offense this year I think. Rams where ridiculous that year too though, I don't know, for some reason I think the Rams offense was more exciting.

Nervous Ferret
01-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Colts, only because the Bucs shut down th Rams in that one playoff game. If someone proves the Colts offense can be stopped I vote Rams but,
Bucs: 7
rams: 13

NE1 remember that. Torry holt in the 4th quarter on a long td? or was that a dream?

BCWWF
01-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Fuckin Bucs beat the 98 Vikings too

SammyG
01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
That was Ricky Proehl GOD... Great memories.. great fuckin memories...

RP
01-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Well. I'm biased but, 3 wr's with 1000 yards and 10+ td's . A running back with 2000 total yards from the line of scrimmage and a QB whos had the greatest single season ever .

Colts ofcourse.

But man the Rams at the time where just something to watch. I remember Holt( or Hakim) passing the ball off to the other (holt/hakim ) and letting the other run for the touchdown like it was a track meet. That was good shit.

Colts also have the Rams at the tight end position. (x2)

VonErich Lives
01-11-2005, 03:38 AM
It's a tough call.

I'm going Rams just for one reason.

The Rams didn't put up the same #'s as the Colts did this year, but they were close and that was w/ the old style of pass interferance being called.

How much better could they have been if they played w/ the Ref style of this year?

The Outlaw
01-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Colts.

John la Rock
01-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Rams

unless Colts win the Superbowl

John la Rock
01-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Tom Brady + Adam Vinaterri > 2001 St.Louis Rams

RP
01-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Yah i defenetly think the Colts need a Superbowl win to be considered one of the greatest.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah Dallas Clark is the man. Marcus Pollard can suck it though. I hear a lot about him but I don't know, I don't think he is all that special really. Colts are a bunch of lucky sons of bitches, Clark fell right into their hands. He is like the perfect fit for that offense. Tight End that is athletic to play all over the field. Too bad Ben Watson had to get hurt for the Patriots. He would be doing work much like Clark this season.

I've always liked Clark, was a fan of him back when he was with Iowa, too bad he had to go to a team I don't like though..but that always seems to happen with my favorite college players. Vilma, McGahee, Freeney, Stephen Jackson etc

RP
01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
We were really lucky. Clark will be one of the best. Pollard is actually good. He has a fumble problem occasionally. Caught 6 td's this season.

BCWWF
01-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Clark was a big fat choke on my fantasy team :mad:

DaveWadding
01-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Clark was a big fat choke on my fantasy team :mad:
Clark was on FOUR of my fantasy teams, so stop bitching.

Ironically, the league I won, was an auto draft and I got Antonio Gates :cool: