PDA

View Full Version : FUCK THIS (early Smackdown Spoiler)

Innovator
01-11-2005, 09:30 PM
*The Basham Brothers won a Fatal Four Way match, defeating WWE Tag Team champions Rob Van Dam & Rey Misterio, Eddie Guerrero & Booker T, and Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns as Rey was pinned by Danny. Van Dam didn't do anything in the match but was attacked and "injured" after the match. Van Dam was stretchered out. The Bashams are the new Tag Team champions.

Credit: PWInsider.com

--------------------------------

I guess RVD is gonna get Heymaned

BigDaddyCool
01-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe this might be a chance for him to go to TNA and suck there too.

Innovator
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Nash is taking up all the suck in TNA right now

BigDaddyCool
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Nash is taking up all the suck in TNA right now

hmmmm, AJ Styles still seems to get his share of it as well.

Innovator
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
somebody has to balance out the awesomeness of the diety that is Raven

Innovator
01-11-2005, 10:12 PM
This is probably a chance for RVD to come back fresh after an absence

McLegend
01-11-2005, 10:14 PM
somebody has to balance out the awesomeness of the diety that is Raven
And someone has to hold Raven and AJ Styles down and his name is Jeff Jarret.

God bless double J.

Gouda
01-11-2005, 10:20 PM
This is probably a chance for RVD to come back fresh after an absence

He'll reform his pot smoking hippie ways and join JBL's Cabinet. :shifty:

Well.... at least the Bashams won the tag straps. :y:

Innovator
01-11-2005, 10:21 PM
I am shocked and appalled at the truth of that statement legend

McLegend
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I am shocked and appalled at the truth of that statement legend
:lol:

Bo
01-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Give it time, and all the members of the JBL's cabinet will get a title to build it up as strong heel stable.

Savio
01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
RVD: No I don't want to go to Iraq?
Vince: Ok hand that belt to Danny on you way out.
RVD: Huh?

Heyman
01-11-2005, 10:43 PM
It will be a damn shame if RVD gets "Heymaned" (released?).

loopydate
01-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Here's hoping that RVD gets the "Edge Treatment" when he returns from this "injury."

And that I use "fewer" quotation marks in "the" future.

Heyman
01-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Here's hoping that RVD gets the "Edge Treatment" when he returns from this "injury."

And that I use "fewer" quotation marks in "the" future.

If ANYTHING could save Smackdown right now, it would be

A) Getting rid of JBL from the main-events (unless he starts getting clean victories)

B) Turning RVD heel and pushing him.

It doesn't even matter if the fans cheer a HEEL RVD.

I'm thinking that if the WWE goes ahead with this "ECW" PPV, they should use it as a storyline angle (the ECW alumni wrestlers join together after the PPV and try and take over Smackdown).

Hell - make them successful.

Change Smackdown into ECW.

Put Rhyno, Taijri, New Jack, etc. on Smackdown. Get some other OLDSCHOOL EC-dub guys on that show.

It won't happen in a million years, but hey...........a man can dream right?

But then again - I'm pretty sure that the WWE would find a way to fuck it up. :| :nono:

Innovator
01-11-2005, 11:08 PM
As crazy as Vince McMahon is, I don't think he would let New Jack be New Jack

loopydate
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh, they very much would, Heyman.

I would love to see the following:

Have RVD's injury keep him out past the Rumble. No Way Out is a SmackDown PPV. Have him do a run-in during the main event. Have him just Van Daminate the hell out of whoever's involved, then walk off. On SD that week, have RVD introduce his new manager, Paul Heyman (Bill Alfonso would be awesome, but I doubt they'd get him), and go through his resume.

"I had the ECW Television Title for 23 months! I hold victories over The Rock, The Undertaker, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Taz, Chris Benoit, Sabu, and Ric freaking Flair! I've put on more five-star matches than the rest of the SmackDown roster combined! Did you see me at Hardcore Heaven against Jerry Lynn?"

He goes on to talk about how he's disgusted that he's been held in the mid-card while guys like Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw and Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly are getting WWE Title shots. It took an injury for him to realize that as fun as flying around with Rey Mysterio was, what he really wanted was what should have been his when he came to this company three years ago: the WWE Title.

Over the following weeks, he and Heyman begin to amass a following. Little Guido declares that he's sick of playing "Jamie Noble's cousin," and joins up, gunning for the Cruiserweight Title. The Dudleyz make a shocking return by 3-Ding Spike through a table, then join the group, becoming the Tag Team Title threats. Rhyno and Tajiri jump ship from RAW, with Rhyno quickly winning the U.S. Title and Tajiri joining Guido in the Cruiser rankings.

Naturally, Taz drops the second "Z." He still won't wrestle (unless he decides he wants to again), but he'll become the group's official mouthpiece at the announce table.

And, hey, whaddya know? WWE is pushing for an ECW PPV this year! And here's a way to introduce the players on television! In the words of Joey Styles..."Oh, my GAHD!"

And I agree that New Jack would be toned waaaaaaaay down if WWE got him.

Innovator
01-11-2005, 11:24 PM
WWE logic:

Who's Jame Noble?

Whats a 3-D?

nWo 4 Life
01-12-2005, 04:33 AM
Innovator, as sad as it is to say, you're right about the WWE logic.

Oh, and rep for loopydate :y:

Dave Youell
01-12-2005, 04:59 AM
RVD needs surgery on his knee, that's why he's out.

Mr. Nerfect
01-12-2005, 09:04 AM
RVD needs surgery on his knee, that's why he's out.

That's a shame, but with RVD on the shelf, and Heyman doing ntohing, when RVD is healed up, it would be the perfect time to bring them back together.

Maybe they could actually do something with Rey Mysterio now. I think it would be best if Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio teamed for a while to feud with The Basham Brothers, and have Booker T get upset, and maybe have him form a team with Chavo Guerrero (another partner of Eddie's that was dropped).

Afterlife
01-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Well, Date seems to know his stuff. (Rep) After all, everybody who's had the injury-return this year, as much as I can recall, has had a near immediate push and/or title shot. And maybe someone on the inside finally noticed they had RVD on the roster and said, "WE have that guy? Well. We should use him, huh?" Hopefully they'll read Date's post and steal it. Sure, it's thievery, but it's for a good cause.

Dave Youell
01-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Well if there's anyone on the Roster who desrves a break it's RVD and then Eddie.

I can't think of anytime since his debut that he's been off the road. hopefully Vince can forget the whole Iraq thing and push him after the injury as he's been over the whole time with a shitty push, imagine how over he would be if he were pushed correctly

Afterlife
01-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Is Vince really upset about that? I mean, to be fair, Haas went over there and wasn't even on the show. Why should anyone go that far for nothing?

Fox
01-12-2005, 12:59 PM
To lend moral support to the troops. It wasn't that Vince was mad about RVD not going because RVD is such a "huge superstar" or anything, it was the principle of the thing. WWE has always been about supporting the troops during times of war (dating all the way back to Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan at WM VI), and RVD, being a hippie-pot-smoking-Budda-worshipping-non-combatant, directly opposes the war and decided not to go based on his own principles.

To Vince McMahon, RVD was putting his principles over the company's principles, and this did not sit well with upper-management.

I am of the opinion that RVD lost the titles as punishment, and will now be main eventing Velocity every Saturday night.

Afterlife
01-12-2005, 01:06 PM
So, Vince McMahon, who demands respect, gets upset when people voice personal beliefs? I mean...if he wanted everyone to go...why was it optional?

Astley316
01-12-2005, 01:48 PM
because he's Vince Mcmahon dammit, and if anyone disagrees with him....

foodstampchamp
01-12-2005, 02:12 PM
As crazy as Vince McMahon is, I don't think he would let New Jack be New Jack

What else could New Jack be? I've seen him do a suplex once, the only style he can work is what you saw in ECW. It would be a huge mistake to bring him in, especially with his issues with the Dudleys.

Crippler 666
01-12-2005, 02:40 PM
EVERYONE from ECW has been treated badly in the WWE. With the talent from ECW & WCW the wrestling should be out of this world. Instead we have the same faces every week fighting the same people.

Corkscrewed
01-12-2005, 03:12 PM

Have RVD's injury keep him out past the Rumble. No Way Out is a SmackDown PPV. Have him do a run-in during the main event. Have him just Van Daminate the hell out of whoever's involved, then walk off. On SD that week, have RVD introduce his new manager, Paul Heyman (Bill Alfonso would be awesome, but I doubt they'd get him), and go through his resume.

"I had the ECW Television Title for 23 months! I hold victories over The Rock, The Undertaker, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Taz, Chris Benoit, Sabu, and Ric freaking Flair! I've put on more five-star matches than the rest of the SmackDown roster combined! Did you see me at Hardcore Heaven against Jerry Lynn?"

He goes on to talk about how he's disgusted that he's been held in the mid-card while guys like Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw and Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly are getting WWE Title shots. It took an injury for him to realize that as fun as flying around with Rey Mysterio was, what he really wanted was what should have been his when he came to this company three years ago: the WWE Title.

Over the following weeks, he and Heyman begin to amass a following. Little Guido declares that he's sick of playing "Jamie Noble's cousin," and joins up, gunning for the Cruiserweight Title. The Dudleyz make a shocking return by 3-Ding Spike through a table, then join the group, becoming the Tag Team Title threats. Rhyno and Tajiri jump ship from RAW, with Rhyno quickly winning the U.S. Title and Tajiri joining Guido in the Cruiser rankings.

Naturally, Taz drops the second "Z." He still won't wrestle (unless he decides he wants to again), but he'll become the group's official mouthpiece at the announce table.

And, hey, whaddya know? WWE is pushing for an ECW PPV this year! And here's a way to introduce the players on television! In the words of Joey Styles..."Oh, my GAHD!"

And I agree that New Jack would be toned waaaaaaaay down if WWE got him.

That'd be awesome, but since it starts getting into fantasy when you head towards the ECW stable territory, I'll just say that only the RVD part alone would have me marking out. The rest would be awesome, but I can never see it happening.

Crippler 666
01-12-2005, 03:33 PM
What would be a better pay-per-view, would be WWE vs ECW under ECW rules.

The WWE has lost its way. It needs new blood to be saved, a real mix up with the rosters and more than 1 person at the head of the company. The other week raw was 1h 45mins long with only 3 or 4 matches. This wouldn't be so bad if the matches was longer.

Put wrestling back into the WWE b4 its too late.

Mr. Nerfect
01-12-2005, 06:11 PM
What would be a better pay-per-view, would be WWE vs ECW under ECW rules.

The WWE has lost its way. It needs new blood to be saved, a real mix up with the rosters and more than 1 person at the head of the company. The other week raw was 1h 45mins long with only 3 or 4 matches. This wouldn't be so bad if the matches was longer.

Put wrestling back into the WWE b4 its too late.

I would love to see Randy Orton in an ECW Rules Match, simply because he's pretty good at the hardcore style.

I'd prefer it if they just used former ECW talent, though.

Normal Is Me
01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Anyone notice RVD's outfit on the last Smack Down! of 2004? The couldn't miss "I'M OVER" on his back.

Dave Youell
01-13-2005, 06:15 AM
To lend moral support to the troops. It wasn't that Vince was mad about RVD not going because RVD is such a "huge superstar" or anything, it was the principle of the thing. WWE has always been about supporting the troops during times of war (dating all the way back to Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan at WM VI),

Really?

Could swear that was Warrior/Hogan then ;)

Crippler 666
01-13-2005, 10:20 AM
I would love to see Randy Orton in an ECW Rules Match, simply because he's pretty good at the hardcore style.

I'd prefer it if they just used former ECW talent, though.

It would be a good event if they left the ECW event alone, but after seeing what they have done with RVD, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Tajiri, Taz, The Dudley boyz, Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible, Rhyno, Stevie Richards and above all else Lance Storm. They have wasted the talent.

Mikie Whipwreck, Sabu, Sandman (Hardcore Hack for 1-2 shows), Nova, Mike Awesome, Super Crazy, Roadkill, Balls Mahoney and Dangerous Danny Doring ignored talent.

After seeing the latest ECW release they are likely to have an ECW event which is more akin to a WWE event.

If they asked Goldberg to drop the Jack Hammer because WWE wrestlers had a hardtime kicking out after his spear then can you imagine them letting it be a proper ECW event?

I cannot imagine any WWE stars in a barbwire match such as in ECW. How many stars could have been involved in and matched RVD or Jerry Lynn during their matches. Tajiri or super crazy during their matches. RVD or Sabu during their matches or as a tag-team.

I only watch the WWE as it is constantly on every week. B4 i used to watch ECW & WCW. When they were bought out by Vince i expected an improvement, but he destroyed originality and got rid of talent. If Ted Turner does ever get a wrestling promotion up and running again as long as he doesn't buy anything that loses money so he has to sell up. The WWE will be dastroyed.

M. Banana
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
This is something I would effin' LOVE to see. Have every member in JBL's cabinet win all the titles. OJ with the US. JBL with the WWE. Basham's with the Tag. And some random cruiserweight [RVD.. for example] with the Cruiserweight. So, later on they bask in their gold-champion-ness. Then get to talking about which title is most important. With, of course, each saying there's is the best. Which, will eventually end up with title matches with interference by cabinet members.. only AGAINST the cabinet members. Like OJ helping out the The Basham's opponents. Then eventually, having them all lose their titles, disappear off the face of the earth.. and hopefully never seen again.

The End.

Corkscrewed
01-13-2005, 04:14 PM
been done before with Evolution. Except Evolution was a LOT more credible. Bashams as tag champs ain't horrible, but if you give the US Title to OJ, after the way Cena has made it basically more credible than the WWE Title, you'd be fucking yourself from behind.

Of course, that means they're going to do that now. :'(

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
I've gone on about this before, but I'll say this again:

The key to making a character successful is to make people CARE.

People see Orlando Jordan, and yes he gets heel heat, but the majority of people don't care about him. If he came out next week on SmackDown! and said he was retiring, I'd be one of the few people who would be saddened by this news.

If Jericho came out on RAW and did the same thing, people would probably breakdown right there and then. Why? Because people care about Y2J.

So how do you make people care about Orlando Jordan? Well, there must be plenty of ways, but I'd do this:

Leading up to WrestleMania (JBL vs. Cena) have JBL start piping the flute of everyone in his Cabinet (as per usual). JBL then wins a WWE United States Championship open contract (maybe he can pay Vince McMahon for it or something at the Rumble). Have JBL give the US Title shot to Doug Basham, and have the match take place at No Way Out (Cena and Doug are fairly familiar with each other, so I think we'd see a great match-up).

This causes tension, because even though he's already a WWE Tag Team Champion, JBL gives the US Title shot to Doug, which Orlando confronts JBL about. JBL then says he needs someone who can get the job done, and Orlando is a great athelete, but it takes more than a great athlete to defeat Cena, and OJ still has a lot to learn.

At No Way Out, have John Cena retain the WWE United States Championship, then have Orlando tell JBL he could have gotten the job done. JBL just laughs.

You then have JBL retain the WWE Championship in the Barbed Wire Cage Match, and have JBL give a speech thanking his Image Consultant, Amy Weber and some other inspriation to is life (I dunno, George W. or someone), which leads to Orlando Jordan reflecting his decision to join JBL. He looks back at when Booker T called him a houseboy. You have look back on how he betrayed a man who taught him about respect in The Undertaker.

At WrestleMania, Orlando Jordan is in JBL's corner per usual, and Cena and JBL do their stuff, and we see the ref get knocked down. JBL asks Orlando for some help. Orlando gets in, and hits JBL with a right hand (play up his boxing background), and have JBL sell it like he just got hit by the ring bell. Orlando then gets the WWE Championship, then uses it to keep The Bashams at bay, while Cena hits an F-U. 1-2-3, John Cena is the WWE Champion.

That's OJ's own little WrestleMania moment, and it may not sound good now, but I think if they did it right, Orlando breaking out of the chains JBL has latched onto him would make for a great turn of events. You don't even need Orlando to turn face, just have him take over JBL's Cabinet as its new leader. JBL can then go to RAW in some sort of continuation of his character.

Chavo Classic
01-13-2005, 06:27 PM
EVERYONE from ECW has been treated badly in the WWE. With the talent from ECW & WCW the wrestling should be out of this world. Instead we have the same faces every week fighting the same people.

Everyone? Hmmm, yes, I would agree that the Dudleyz have been buried over and over and never even got a sniff at the title. And as for Austin? poor guy, never got a chance!

Joe Kerr
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
well look at Smackdown and seeing RVD in a leg Brace as if his leg is broken i see why they lost the belts and im less pissed about it now.

RemyRed
01-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Smackdownhas been great lately, once again it's a lot better than the spoilers made it out to be.

Crippler 666
01-13-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't mind smackdown... but why do we always have the same people fighting for the title? AND IF ANYONE ELSE gets a sniff at the title its lost by the end of the next pay per view... maybe they need a dominating force and not somebody cheating with

a) a weapon
b) outside interferance
c) Both of the above

It would be good to see a clean match... just for a change

The Answer
01-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Got to hand it to Big Show and Joy Giovanni.Their kissing scenes on Smackdown look pretty natural.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2005, 12:12 AM
How about the WWE makes their own modification of a "Pure Wrestling" match? Rules:

1. No right hands. You are caught using a right hand in the match by the referee, before or after the match (the referee must review the footage and confirm his decision the following week or something).

2. Clean pinfalls. No ropes, no tights, just strength and/or a well-placed pin.

3. No low blows. A direct low blow results in an immediate DQ, or one at a later date if no one can confirm it at the time.

4. Only five rope breaks allowed. After that the referee cannot disqualify a wrestler for keeping the move locked in when they reach the ropes.

5. No rope aided submissions. You cannot use the ropes to add pressure to an already active submission hold.

6. Only five warnings allowed. If you are warned by a referee (when they start to give you a five count to break up the hold) more than five times, you are disqualified automatically.

7. No foreign objects.

8. The time keeper is a tarined referee so he may make decisions on the spot as well.

9. No countouts. The wrestlers have an unlimited time on the outside for a break, but you can get disqualified for fighting on the outside. The referee will give you a warning for this, and if you receive another five, you are disqualified.

10. Must be a hand shake. If you do not accept a hand shake after the match you are suspended for thirty days. This takes place after or before a match. If at the start, the non-accepting wrestler is DQ'd on the spot. If it happens after the match, and the winner doesn't accept, the decision is reverse via disqualification.

11. No body at ringside. Not a manager, not another wrestler. No one.

Maybe call it a "Sacred Eleven" match? I dunno why. This would make a great match at the beginning or the end of a feud.

Innovator
01-14-2005, 12:25 AM
they need countouts, put in a 20 count like ROH does

I-Hate-You
01-14-2005, 09:49 AM

And I agree that New Jack would be toned waaaaaaaay down if WWE got him. You're booking skills make sense and show you are a true wrestling fan, thus you would never get a job with the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2005, 05:10 PM
That's a good idea of loopydate's but I doubt RVD will be back at No Way Out. Maybe Judgment Day?

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2005, 05:12 PM

Yeah, a 20 count would work, but I can see wrestlers just going outside for a break without the pressure of a countout. If they refuse to get back in, a five count could be started.

Chavo Classic
01-16-2005, 07:26 AM

Or we can just go and watch ROH instead. A land where talent is loved and JBL would be strung up from the rafters.

NOW ONLY SAMOA JOE CAN RESCUE MY FAITH IN WRESTLING!