PDA

View Full Version : John Abraham is a dickbag

Triple A
01-13-2005, 12:53 AM
You probably have already heard that he has been sitting out the Jets playoff games and the last couple of games of the season because he is basically afraid of being injured. He is a free agent at the end of this year and does not want to risk further/another injury that would hurt his shot at a large contract, so he is not playing. He really was injured like 7 games ago, but it was supposed to be 1-2 weeks. I don't really blame him, but why would he even say that? Why doesn't he just say that he is still injured. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

The Jets D has been pretty fine without him. It would be nice to have a real good pass rusher, but the backup, Bryan Thomas, is better against the run, and that will be better against the Steelers anyway.

I would rather the Jets get back LaMont Jordan instead of Abraham, kinda.

bigpoppapump
01-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah, he certainly is handling his situation all wrong. But, this is what the NFL has come to now these days. If he doesn't play another down this year, next year he gets paid. If he decides to play and tears his knee up some more, what kind of $$$ will he draw now? Kind of a lose/lose situation.

Splaya
01-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Abraham is a punk bitch for pulling this. IT's obvious he is about the money rather the bigger prize.

People like that don't deserve to make the millions or play the game.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-13-2005, 01:17 AM
He can get that huge contract, and still get hurt next year though. Sure he'll get his signing bonus I guess, but still he should be playing now.

How can you be in the NFL and not live for the playoffs? You would figure it would be the shit you look foward.

Splaya
01-13-2005, 01:21 AM
It's what every player looks forward to. Well except for Latrell Sprewell, who contested his 17 million dollars this season was not enough to feed his family :roll:

RP
01-13-2005, 02:28 AM
what a fucking pussy man.

RP
01-13-2005, 02:31 AM
You know.. I've noticed Lamont Jordan. He's like one of those guys that nobody ever mentions or talks about. Like you probably never even heard his name mentioned on pre game shows and stuff. But he's really friggin good and if put in a situation like Pittsburgh's type of run game. He could pound out a buck 20 and a td a game every week. I like lamont jordan a whole lot. No one probably even notices the guy. But he sticks out to me. He's gunna get paid someday.

Triple A
01-13-2005, 02:39 AM
The Jets used Jordan against the Steelers for like 3 plays. He gained like 8 on one run, then got stopped on another, and on the other run, he busted out like a 30 yard run but it was called back because of a fucking bullshit penalty. Then they never used him again for the rest of the game. Retarded.

Triple A
01-13-2005, 02:40 AM
EVERY TIME THEY PUT HIM IN, HE BUSTS OUT AT LEAST ONE 20+ YARD RUN. Seriously, he is ridiculous.

BCWWF
01-13-2005, 02:53 AM
I don't know, I haven't seen a tonn on this yet, but from what I've seen it looks like ESPN has taken a standpoint on it and isn't budging. To me, listening to his comments, to me it looks like he is saying:

"I want to go out there and help my team, but at the same time I am injured and at the risk of injuring myself more."

To me that is just the smart thing to do for yourself and for your team. First of all, he has been injured for a while now so if he doesn't play they aren't really losing anything. Then, from what I gather he is still injured, he has been cleared to play, but he is still injured. If thats the case, to me it makes perfect sense to miss this one game and possibly salvage a career. Beyond just money, think about everything he could be losing if he seriously injured himself, no doubt the length of his career could be shortened, he could have a perminant limp or other long term injury, his whole life could be drastically changed because of a stupid decision to play before being in playing condition. I haven't heard anything about this, but if the Jets win I would assume that he would be in a better position to play in the next week, which is more important. To me, the decision is: Have good player miss another week and come back later better then ever vs. force injured player to perform only to lose him for the future.

The way ESPN is looking at what he said is like:

"I am perfectly healthy but don't want to play because if I get injured I won't get as much money next season."

I dunno, I guess I just think that he has just cause to not play, and really I don't think that the Jets are super down on him not playing because he probably wouldn't even play that much. There is more to life then money, and there is more to life then playing football, I don't think an injured player not playing is hurting his team very much.

MoRcHeEbA
01-13-2005, 03:30 AM
CRY ABOUT IT PUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSY

MoRcHeEbA
01-13-2005, 03:30 AM
I.E. THE JETS SUCK BALLS

Splaya
01-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Canada sucks balls, period.

Nervous Ferret
01-13-2005, 06:43 PM
lol

well is he hurt or injured? Because you can't expect someone who's injured to play, but playoffs comeonif yer hurtin you still gotta play.

VonErich Lives
01-13-2005, 07:03 PM
What's the injury?

MoRcHeEbA
01-13-2005, 07:54 PM
sprained knee

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Fuck, that's repulsive.

MoRcHeEbA
01-13-2005, 09:15 PM
The first injury that he got though was a partly torn LCL in his knee, so he probably can't really be all that efective on a sloppy field anyway.

VonErich Lives
01-14-2005, 03:32 AM
yeah, if he really is injured and whoever has been filling is has done well, then he's right.

If he's just sitting so he doesn't get hurt, that's wrong and will hurt him in free agency.

BCWWF
01-14-2005, 04:20 AM
I agree VEL, and I know you probably aren't implying it like that, but when ESPN talks about it, they word it very similar to how you did but explain it to mean that he is perfectly healthy, capable of being very effective, but simply isn't. I don't think he is healthy enough to make an impact, so using him wouldn't help the Jets or his future.

I will say that I don't know a lot about this though, maybe he is a lot more healthy then I think he is and maybe he did say that more money in the future was the specific reason. I agree that the football mindset is usually and generally should be to go out and play through pain, and that a move like this does make him sound like a sally. And now after saying that, I don't really see how the Jets could play him, because after what he said it gives the impression that he doesn't have the mindset needed to go into Pittsburgh and win. Who knows though, this could very easilly affect his pay next year if GM's look down upon it, but maybe having a long and full career is more important then a few million extra.

VonErich Lives
01-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Aperently Boomer Essiason was defending him this week. he met w/ Dr. Andrews who told Abraham he could NOT play.

Also, someone in the Jets front office said they screwed up by listing him as probable and he should have been listed as doubtful or out the week before.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah now after thinking about/hearing about it I really don't think its as bad as everyone is saying. He was probably still not close to 100%, and he probably felt going out there wouldn't have even helped his team as much. Plus if he felt that way, if he couldn't really help his team, why would he go out there and hurt himself further? Thats probably all he ment, because even if he did get hurt worse in this game there is a pretty good chance he would be alright by next season anyways. I think his quote was probably taken out of context or something.

The Outlaw
01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
If Andrews said he couldn't play, then that's enough for me and should be for anyone else.