PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble question

Loose Cannon
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
I've always had this on my mind, but I keep forgetting to ask this. Only a few probably would know this. KayfabeMan probably would know this if he's ever worked a battle royal before.

Anyway, how do the wrestlers plan out the Rumble? Do they practice it beforehand? Like say there are 9 people in the ring. How do they know who they go after from time to time? Sometimes you'll just see guys looking for people to fight like they are ad libbing it. How do they know the Cue for when the guy is suppossed to get eliminated? Seems like that match could get confusing at times

Boondock Saint
01-14-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm curious myself

AareDub
01-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I think a lot of it is unplanned. That's why you see a lot of guys doing simple punches back and forth, and also a lot of stomps in the corner and stuff. I know some eliminations are scripted (some are obvious), but I'm not sure how many and to what extent.

The Ravishing One
01-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Im sure 'important' eliminations are planned. The rest are freestyled, just make sure they're out by the time mr x is in the ring kinda? :?:

Thats a guess, but i doubt you get what im saying.

The Mackem
01-15-2005, 07:35 AM
I thought that maybe the referees are involved a bit. Kind of like "we need a few wrestlers out of the ring", "slow the eliminations down" etc.

Dave Youell
01-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Well i've been in a rumble and I know that one wasn't booked, and too be honest it was a bit all over the place.

I was under the impression that the WWE rumble is booked from start to finish with each guy know who to put out and when, Patterson normally does it and I think this year he's doing it again as a favour.

To make it a fairly good match you need to have some kind of booking in there or 1 guy can just stiff the hell out of everyone and look like a monster eliminating everyone legit, so in conlcusion some are and some ain't.

Kapoutman
01-16-2005, 04:03 AM
When we did a Battle Royal, we each had cues on when to go out. An example would be that a guy name Frank was supposed to win, and we knew who the runner up would be, and I knew that I was going to be the second runner up, eliminated by Frank. We ad-libbed the eliminations, we just knew the order and when to go. I am guessing it must be something like that in a Rumble too, only that they also plan important spots. (Goldberg being eliminated last year and such)