PDA

View Full Version : What do your friends think about wrestling?

VJW
01-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Meh, if this has been done before then too fucking bad since friends' opinions change and all that shit. My friends think wrestling is fake, fake, and fake. They often ask me why I bother watching it and they think that all wrestlers talk like: "I'M GONNA DESTROY YOU!" They also think that wrestlers often act like cave men. For example, Gene Snitsky and Goldberg growling like bears that have not seen meat in months often make it seem like that. Anyway, how do your friends feel about your passion for watching men falling down and women saying that there butts are hungry? *cough* Christy *cough*

Aussie Skier
01-18-2005, 10:22 PM
besides my friends who actually watch wrestling, most dislike it.

HOWEVER, if they can witness a good match, people can come out saying that was pretty awesome. Most people are skeptical because all they see are the punches, which are about the worst part of wrestling (due to how horrendously fake they are
).

Thats why its good to show people a benoit match, where they can really hear the chops!

The CyNick
01-18-2005, 10:25 PM
I love watching wrestling with people who rarely, if ever watch it.

I have a circle of friends who watch fairly regularly, but most of my friends watch only on rare occasions. Thats usually how I can tell when something is working. If those people are talking about it in anyway, then I know the WWE is on to something.

Unfortunately for the WWE, the only times Ive seen reactions over the last couple of years has been for Mania XX (mostly for Lesnar-Goldberg and Taker going back to the Deadman gimmick) and the last Tough Enough thing; although that was short lived interest. Before that, the last thing I recall getting a ton of interest was Brock Lesnar's initial run.

Almost to a person, all of my friends have watched less and less wrestling over the last few years.

BigDaddyCool
01-18-2005, 10:26 PM
What the hell are "friends"?

VJW
01-18-2005, 10:27 PM
What the hell are "friends"?

People that you trust and care about.

Gouda
01-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I used to have friends who liked wrestling. Now they're all like:

"What? Two brands? What?"

"Who the fuck is Randy Orton?"

"BRADSHAW IS THE CHAMP?! :nono: "

SuperSlim
01-18-2005, 10:36 PM
well the ones that watch it are wonderin why it is goin down in the heap that it is.

the ones that scarecely watch it wonder why it is such crap.

my g/f used to watch it but she stopped back in the late 90's... back in the attitude era when it was good. Now she doesn't care for it either.

so they all wonder why it sucks

MVP
01-18-2005, 10:37 PM
A few do. They give good opinions from casual perspectives, and they're not all that different from ours.

VJW
01-18-2005, 10:41 PM
well the ones that watch it are wonderin why it is goin down in the heap that it is.

the ones that scarecely watch it wonder why it is such crap.

my g/f used to watch it but she stopped back in the late 90's... back in the attitude era when it was good. Now she doesn't care for it either.

so they all wonder why it sucks

Probably because the woman that Chyna dated (Triple H) has always appeared on television with the title around his waist for the majority of the past 3 years.

SuperSlim
01-18-2005, 10:42 PM
well until it gets better I don't think any of them really want to watch it. and I don't blame them. but sadly I still watch it. :(

Gone Mad
01-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah, my friends are all ex-viewers and are rarely interested, though I do have one friend that only watches when Stone Cold makes his usual comeback. And any other friend just hates it and wonders why I watch it.

Sometimes I ask myself that too. Oh, yeah, I know.. **airplane spins! **

RGWhat316
01-18-2005, 11:31 PM
I got a group that I hang out with to watch wrestling. Sometimes we go to other peoples houses to watch the shows and ppvs. But some of my other friends gave up on it or rarely watch it. One friend, I used to go to his house to watch ppvs reguarly, but they stopped ordering them regurally after WM X-7.

RGWhat316
01-18-2005, 11:31 PM
I got a group that I hang out with to watch wrestling. Sometimes we go to other peoples houses to watch the shows and ppvs. But some of my other friends gave up on it or rarely watch it. One friend, I used to go to his house to watch ppvs reguarly, but they stopped ordering them regurally after WM X-7. He was also a big WCW fan, so I think thats partly why he stopped watching.

Shaggy
01-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Non of my friends that I hang out with watch wrestling. They all used to a while back but now they have given it up and hate it. Everytime I mention something about wrestling they laugh and say how crap it is. The only people that I even talk to that like wrestling are my cousins...besides the peopler here on the boards.

I-Hate-You
01-19-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm to embarrassed to tell anyone that I like wrestling.

Innovator
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
they all saw Batista and nearly shit themselves