PDA

View Full Version : Reason for optimism now in the NHL..crosses fingers..

Zen v.W.o.
01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Checked out a few sites, one being sportsnet.ca, and another fox sportnet in detroit. Suposedly an 8 year deal is being set in place with a luxury tax and salary rollback and all that. The big representatives for the nhlpa are still in a meeting right now in TO.

Also, the Pheonix Coyotes management has made it clear to their players to be prepared to start practicing in 7 days. Training camp equipment is being brought in and is in demand.

God, I can only hope. I've been craving Hockey now for a long time. I want it back! Season could begin by feb/14, or the 10th.

Anyways, please please be true. I dont care about the logisitcs of anything, I want the season.

BCWWF
01-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Go Wild!

SuperSlim
01-20-2005, 04:06 PM
well here is hope that it will finally start. It's been far too long.

MoRcHeEbA
01-20-2005, 04:28 PM
they shouldn't play this year, half season's aren't good, im glad it looks like they're gonna get things done now. From what I read in the local paper today is that they're working on a 6 year deal, with the first 3 years with no caps, but other stuff that should make up cost certanty, then if that doesn't work they will put in a cap. IMO though they shouldn't play this year now though.

MoRcHeEbA
01-20-2005, 04:28 PM
ALSO... LOL at Atlanta cause they're gonna get screwed since Kovalchuk is stuck in russia for the whole season now.

BCWWF
01-20-2005, 04:37 PM
They should shorten the season so that the Stanley Cup finals is in like early March

Bad Guy
01-20-2005, 04:49 PM
What, a 30 game season? Would you guys still look at whoever wins the Stnaley Cup as a real champion? I would see an asterik next to it, (even if the Red Wings won, yes)

Y2Ant
01-20-2005, 05:02 PM
This is the perfect chance for the Ducks to claim the cup they should have beaten the Devils for :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't care if it's only 5 games and then the playoffs, I want hockey :(

Zen v.W.o.
01-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Well good point. I would hope they come together on a fair deal they both agree to now, but then still decide to iron the rest out. So that everything can be better for the future. But what I truly want if for these current meetings to see both sides finally just get it. Shake hands, make the league stronger, and then have the entire summer and spring to sign players, etc..have every team get the chance to acquire the number one draft pick..dunno how, but they'll think up a way..implement some new rules that will improve the flow of the game too.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-20-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.ticketstores.com/event/images/ottawa_senators2.jpg v http://www.ticketstores.com/event/images/anaheim_mighty_ducks2.jpg

2005 Stanley Cup Final.

GO SENS GO. GO SENS GO. GO SENS GO. GO SENS GO. GO SENS GO.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Aren't they both in the Western Conference?

Mike the Metal Ed
01-20-2005, 06:01 PM
No, Sens are in the Eastern.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Damn, are they LOL

NHL is a joke anyways, been loving ESPN without the highlights :(

Zen v.W.o.
01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
ESPN hardly shows the NHL hilites anyways cuz they're so stupid. Too many yanks prefer pansy ass sports, like baseball and basketball. Not to mention the ever exciting nascar cars spinning in circles. And gay golf.

Arashi Kage
01-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I really miss hockey, but if a deal is being finalized only for the sake of trying to salvage the season, with an MLBesque luxury tax system that won't work well... I am willing to wait for the greater good of the game.

Then again, all my favorite players are up in age, and if hockey doesn't come back, I may not see them again, or ever play really well.

I still think that Lemieux can become the oldest Art Ross winner, if he just had some good support around him.

The only way I could really accept a luxury tax system with open arms, would be if Canada gets a couple franchises back. :p

Heck, it's outta my control, whatever system gets put in place, I'll forget about it as soon as I tune into Hockey Night in Canada. :y:

BCWWF
01-20-2005, 06:59 PM
The American media isn't saying the same thing :-\ Yahoo! Sports is saying that the sides still aren't close to an agreement or anything. I hope hockey can come back this season. Even if it is just 30 games and a playoffs, I wouldn't care. I also wouldn't care too much about an asterisk, if they put one on big deal, but I wouldn't take anything away from it.

road doggy dogg
01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Well according to TSN.ca (the only site I really trust), they still have a ways to go. Apparently the Coyotes' GM and the Ducks' coach both denied that whole 'be ready in 7 days' thing.

Heyman
01-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Checked out a few sites, one being sportsnet.ca, and another fox sportnet in detroit. Suposedly an 8 year deal is being set in place with a luxury tax and salary rollback and all that. The big representatives for the nhlpa are still in a meeting right now in TO.

LOL.

As much as I love your enthusiasm, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

If anything, they're probably working on a solution to save next season.

I'm too lazy right now to go into detail, but they're in a f'cking mess.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I highly doubt it.

I hope Gary Bettman gets AIDS and/or dies.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-21-2005, 12:15 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/story/8117762

Doesn't look to good.

I heard you can skate on the ice at the Fleetcenter for 20 bucks on Sundays now since The Bruins won't be using it anytime soon haha

BCWWF
01-21-2005, 01:16 AM
I would pay $20 to go skate at Xcel. That is like a dream come true for a Minnesotan. So many great Minnesota moments take place on that ice, sometimes I yearn to go back there, but then again its 50 degrees out down here, so maybe not.

The Outlaw
01-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Did you just type yearn?

V
01-21-2005, 11:17 PM
http://www.ticketstores.com/event/images/ottawa_senators2.jpg v http://www.ticketstores.com/event/images/toronto_maple_leafs2.jpg

2005 Stanley Cup First playoffs series.

Sens get eliminated.

It's only happend like 50 times ;)

BCWWF
01-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Canadian media :roll: