PDA

View Full Version : Indy shows

Thriller
01-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Anyone ever been to and indie show.I was at one last night and was amazed at the moves they were pullng.It was alot like ROH with lots of high spots and high impact moves.One guy was on top ready for a fallaway slam and instead hit a moonsault with the guy in his arms.Definate holy shit moment.And i can forget how this big rhyno type doing the tko to not 1 but 2 guys

Xero
01-22-2005, 10:43 AM
I've been to at least two that I remember, although it may have been three (all of these were three to six years ago). One was in a high school around here. The main event had the Honky Tonk Man, and he blasted the crowd. There was a hardcore match between the Public Enemy and someone else, and I believe there was a table spot. It was pretty cool.

The other one that I remember was when I was on vacation in Wildwood NJ. King Kong Bundy was at the show, and so was Gillberg, complete with WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and sparklers. :lol: Gangrel was supposed to be there but he no showed. I remember that they announced a barbed wire cage match for the next week (or a scaffold match, I don't remember which), and I wish I had seen that.

I should go to more indy shows. I've heard that New Jersey is a great state for indies, or at least that's my assumption since I always hear about someone who's going to be in NJ at an indy show. Isn't ROH based out of, or around, New Jersey?

Thriller
01-22-2005, 10:51 AM
I've been to at least two that I remember, although it may have been three (all of these were three to six years ago). One was in a high school around here. The main event had the Honky Tonk Man, and he blasted the crowd. There was a hardcore match between the Public Enemy and someone else, and I believe there was a table spot. It was pretty cool.

The other one that I remember was when I was on vacation in Wildwood NJ. King Kong Bundy was at the show, and so was Gillberg, complete with WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and sparklers. :lol: Gangrel was supposed to be there but he no showed. I remember that they announced a barbed wire cage match for the next week (or a scaffold match, I don't remember which), and I wish I had seen that.

I should go to more indy shows. I've heard that New Jersey is a great state for indies, or at least that's my assumption since I always hear about someone who's going to be in NJ at an indy show. Isn't ROH based out of, or around, New Jersey?I believe ROH is based out of philly but goes to chicago and new york.to bad the dont go to toronto:(

Mayo
01-22-2005, 10:58 AM
BTW Thriller was talking about UWA, since he forgot to mention. I went with him last night, was definitely worth the $10. Quite a few broken tables and lots of ladders used in one four corners match :D

Thriller
01-22-2005, 11:01 AM
BTW Thriller was talking about UWA, since he forgot to mention. I went with him last night, was definitely worth the $10. Quite a few broken tables and lots of ladders used in one four corners match :D
Thanks buddy,gotta bring the camera next time

mitch_h
01-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Yea, I went to the UWA show last night as well. Mainly because I was trying to get booked. I also trained with Rip Impact, Blade, and Jeff Flurry. It was a good show though

Dave Youell
01-22-2005, 03:25 PM
I go to as many shows as I can get to, even if I know they are going to be rubbish, I don't know why I just do

Mayo
01-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Yea, I went to the UWA show last night as well. Mainly because I was trying to get booked. I also trained with Rip Impact, Blade, and Jeff Flurry. It was a good show thoughWhat's your stage name? And where were you sitting?

Funky Fly
01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Been to an AWWL TV taping. They had Sabu and Ricky Stricnyne (sp?), as well as a slew of average to mediocre wrestlers.

foodstampchamp
01-22-2005, 11:31 PM
In 2004, I attended 12. I normally road trip to ROH shows and the IWC runs about an hour from my house.