PDA

View Full Version : Rock wants Sting at Wrestlemania

Yashamaga
01-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Credit: PWTorch.com

As reported late last week, Vince McMahon and the Rock are currently struggling to come to an agreement about a contract renewal. The Torch is now reporting that the Rock wants to face Sting at WrestleMania and a 'special' card could be on the cards if the issue is sorted out.

With Steve Austin back in the fold, there is speculation that McMahon is showing the Rock he doesn't need him. Right now do not expect the Rock at WrestleMania unless he agrees terms with McMahon. There's no word on if Sting will appear either.

Yashamaga
01-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Please Steve, do it. :(

PorkSoda
01-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I doubt that'll happen. I don't think Sting has interest in coming to the WWE and I doubt that they'll bring him in and stuff. :roll:

addy2hotty
01-24-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm guessing WM will be 5 hours long again this year? Problem withs Rock's appearance last year was the lack of any real 'care' about it. More people wanted to see Foley - Orton, in my eyes Rock's involvement was all a bit pointless. A bit like Austin refereeing Goldberg - Lesnar, although they actually built that story up.

Rock vs Sting doesn't grab me at all tbh, and quite frankly The Rock being there at all in anything more than a speaking role wouldn't have any meaning or point whatsoever.

One thing I don't understand about this years WM, is that they are acting as if this is the 'big' one. Talking about Flair vs Steamboat, and now Rock vs Sting. Why can't they stick to the format of probably the most successful - WM17 and have (virtually) all of the matches mean something and in addition have a gimmicky match, I'd know I'd love to see something like an ECW Battle Royal for the ECW Heavyweight Championship, you don't have to sign the wrestlers, just have them for one night - like they did with the gimmick battle royal. It'd certainly get me tuning in, and would without a doubt be the highlight of the night. And if they are serious about an ECW PPV, it'd raise the expectations for that as well.

MVP
01-24-2005, 08:12 PM
The match would be great for the buyrates, but if Rock were to be at Mania I'd rather see him put Cena over than anything else.

RemyRed
01-24-2005, 11:10 PM
I really hope Sting doesn't appear at the WWE, they would tarnish his name.

The Answer
01-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Sting vs the Rock :y: .I would like to see it

HeartBreakMan2k
01-25-2005, 12:39 AM
I really hope Sting doesn't appear at the WWE, they would tarnish his name.

Yer :y: I could have swore he said he wouldn't work for Vince, and I hope he stays true to that.

Corkscrewed
01-25-2005, 01:05 AM
^ Ditto.

We don't really need it now.

HeartBreakMan2k
01-25-2005, 01:16 AM
To me, Sting is one of the guys who have stuck to what they said. I respect the hell out of him for it. He could have made millions working for Vince, but he said he wouldn't and thus he hasn't. If he works for Vince it'll disapoint me more than make me happy.

Same goes with a Bret Hart return, if he walked into a WWE ring it would mean that everything he has said against the company, everything bad about the company that he thought was wrong, all was just hypocritical whinning. As of right now, Bret made a stand (a justified one), and if he were to go back everything he has ever said would just seem like it came from a bitter hypocrite as opposed to a man.

The Show Off
01-25-2005, 03:05 AM
To me, Sting is one of the guys who have stuck to what they said. I respect the hell out of him for it. He could have made millions working for Vince, but he said he wouldn't and thus he hasn't. If he works for Vince it'll disapoint me more than make me happy.

Same goes with a Bret Hart return, if he walked into a WWE ring it would mean that everything he has said against the company, everything bad about the company that he thought was wrong, all was just hypocritical whinning. As of right now, Bret made a stand (a justified one), and if he were to go back everything he has ever said would just seem like it came from a bitter hypocrite as opposed to a man.

The thing you forget is, "Money talks, bullshit walks." If Vince throws enough money at Bret or Sting they'll both be on WWE television, Ted Dibiase said it best, when he said "Everybody's got a price."

As much as I like Bret Hart in the ring, all he is, is a whiner. He's been whining since 1997. That's what he does. I understand that Bret was screwed over by Vince, and I also understand that he believes Vince is liable for his brothers death. All of this sinks in to me, and I can understand the justification he has to complain, however, he does it to the point of whining. Bret is an arrogant son of a bitch just like Flair, Triple H, and all other big names in wrestling, however people put Bret on a diffrent level then all the other big names, he isn't. Flash him a couple million and he'll take back all the bad shit he said about Vince McMahon, just like Paul Barer, Goldberg, Austin, Eric Bishoff, Paul Heyman and the rest. These guys could give to shits about there reputation to some fans, it's all about money... just like anyone else.

So this is all just a way of me saying that I won't think any less of Sting if he shows up in the WWE. Sting needs to provide from his family, and if working a few months for the WWE could get him the money to pay for his grandchildren's college, then it's all good. I like Sting as a wrestler and if I could see him one more time I'd love to see it.

Shaggy
01-25-2005, 07:27 AM
I honestly dont want to see Rock back for Mania. If he wants to stay away and film his precious movies then let him stay gone. If he wants to show up then do it at a ppv that you know doesnt really get good buy rates. Wrestlemania is the best of the whole year. Why waste Rock on that. I say if he wants to be gone let him be gone.

And No sting vs Rock.......... sting wont return

RP
01-25-2005, 01:19 PM
I think Sting V.S Rock could work if they bring Rock nack as a major heel . Have go off on everyone and call out sting in the process. Then the next day Sting will start haunting him and shit when he does promo's. Do this for a couple weeks then have Rock cut a ~ Unbelievable Promo~ (you know the shit he's capable of) On Sting and at the end of the promo Sting appears in the nose bleed seats WcW style. Then maybe the next week Rock will be put in a tag match and towards the end of the match Rock is left in the ring struggling to his feet. The lights go out and come back on and Sting is standing there . Then he stinger splashes him and stuff.

Its could work. It would be perfect for smackdown.

Zen v.W.o.
01-25-2005, 01:34 PM
I kind of disagree with the Bret points made in here already. He doesnt whine any longer anyways. But if he did come back, he'd do it for his fans that wont care if he backpedals or not. He wouldnt do storylines basically is what he's been adamant about, but a one off appearance is not only what his fans want, but what this guy rightfully deserves. A better way to leave the wwe(which has always been his "home" in my eyes, not wcw or anywhere else) other then how he left it before. That isn't hyprocritical and it wouldnt be about money as it shouldnt cost a hell of a lot for just one goodbye speech, which would do good for him, the fans and the company. Let all this stuff between them go. It also wouldn't tarnish anything, unlike say a returning Sting who would probably be mishandled by the wwe like Goldberg and the nwo were, and like everyone practically has been since the wwe bought wcw.

Flair is tarnishing his career in a way..it'll always be lustrious, but the ending is quite shitty.

A one off for Bret would be good.

Tornado
01-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I read the title as Rock wants to sing at Wrestlemania...:o

Gerard
01-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I read the title as Rock wants to sing at Wrestlemania...:o

LOL you're not the ony one. :lol:

The Naitch
01-26-2005, 12:04 AM
The Cock can sing better than The Rock

The match would be great for the buyrates, but if Rock were to be at Mania I'd rather see him put Cena over than anything else.

The Cock refuses to put over Paul THE WALL Carrington, in any shape or form