PDA

View Full Version : You know what might liven things up?

BigDaddyCool
01-25-2005, 04:37 PM
For Raw, you know how we always get these renegade faces, like Austin, Rock, now Orton kinda? Here is an idea, get a renegade heel.

Here is the difference though. Have some guy just come out when ever he feels. Both faces and heels hate him. I guess I'm thinking of more of a splinter cell than a renegade. Just some guy that cause havok but doesn't endear himself to the fans. And I could really see how someone who is completely anti-establishment could be a heel right now. Plus, it would be visually easy to make him seem different what with every one wearing suits, have him come out in jeans and a shirt, or something else.

And if it didn't work, it would at least be a change of pace for a while.

Loose Cannon
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
That's exactly Austin circa 97. That's what I've been waiting for since then. He was fighting the Hart's, the Nation, Taker, HBK, HHH, Vader, Patriot, LOD, Mankind. He was fighting everyone and that's exactly what got him over. People are drawn to "no turning back" characters who don't take any shit despite the odds. If you ever saw the show "24," Jack Bower is a perfect example of this.

Yes, they definately need someone like that again.

Heyman
01-25-2005, 04:43 PM
For Raw, you know how we always get these renegade faces, like Austin, Rock, now Orton kinda? Here is an idea, get a renegade heel.

Here is the difference though. Have some guy just come out when ever he feels. Both faces and heels hate him. I guess I'm thinking of more of a splinter cell than a renegade. Just some guy that cause havok but doesn't endear himself to the fans. And I could really see how someone who is completely anti-establishment could be a heel right now. Plus, it would be visually easy to make him seem different what with every one wearing suits, have him come out in jeans and a shirt, or something else.

And if it didn't work, it would at least be a change of pace for a while.

That would be an awesome idea.

In the summer of 2003, I suggested that the WWE should do that with Kane.

TWEENER (who the fans eventually love like CRAZY) are what the fans like.

Think - Austin in 98'. He acted heelish and stunned anyone (faces/heels), but got popped like crazy.

Think - The Rock after WM-15: He acted heelish (i.e. acted rude towards heels and faces....such as Foley), but got popped like crazy.

When Cena first turned face, he was the same way (until the creative team on Smackdown turned him into a gay homosexual that did "knuckleshuffles" and what not).

All in all - I like your idea. :y:

They should do that with Batista when he wins the title (i.e. a tweener champion that takes on all-comers). If the WWE deliberately tries to turn him into a cocksuc...er I mean face, then they'll find a way to fuck him up (like they did with Orton, Cena, Guerrero, Lesnar, Angle, etc., etc., etc.).

Savio
01-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Brock as a face was better that way he won cleanly.

loopydate
01-25-2005, 04:52 PM
This is what they should do with RVD when he comes back from his injury. Just have him Van Daminate the hell out of everyone.

Innovator
01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
This is what they should do with RVD when he comes back from his injury. Just have him Van Daminate the hell out of everyone.
Now loopy the fans would like that, can't have RVD be popular now can we?

loopydate
01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Did I say RVD? And Van Daminate?

I meant Triple H. And Pedigree.
Or Kenzo Suzuki. And that claw/STO thing he does.
Or Heidenreich. And powerslam.

tucsonspeed6
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I was thinking about something similar last night when watching some of the Batista segments: Batista's this "Good guy stuck in the bad guy stable", and I was thinking about maybe having a Bad Guy who hangs around the good guys. Like let's say the team of Benoit, Jericho, and Orton gets together with the sole purpose of wiping out Evolution. The stable feud goes back and forth, neither stable getting an upper hand on the situation, but we start to notice that Benoit keeps getting frustrated when they lose a battle, and when they win, he has a hard time holding back from just beating the hell out of them and holding somebody in the crossface for an uncomfortably long time. Next thing you know, he halfway expects the bad guys to screw him over, so he decides to screw them over first, DQing himself for a few matches by nailing Evolution members with a chair the minute things start to get hairy. THink of him as a loose cannon (sorry LC) or maybe what Edge could have been if they didn't blow their wad and make him become totally heel after one PPV. My idea is pretty much like yours, and it's odd that we both thought of it at the same time.