PDA

View Full Version : 30th Rumble Entrant?

46 & 2
01-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Since wwe.com only lists 29 entrants for the Royal Rumble, who does everyone think the 30th will be? There are 15 entrants from Raw and only 14 from Smackdown.

Will it be the return of a superstar like Brock Lesnar or The Rock? Or something more along the lines of a returning Mideon or just an unannounced Funaki?

There is a rumor going around that WWE might offer a Rumble spot to Brock to help contract negotiations (see tpww homepage), but I'm just not buying it, so I have no idea who it would be. Any thoughts?

Loose Cannon
01-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Most likely Bret Hart.

Kane Knight
01-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Most likely <s>Bret Hart</s> Andre the Giant.
Or the Tooth Fairy, I can't decide.

loopydate
01-29-2005, 03:30 PM
It'll be a SmackDown guy, since there all 15 RAW guys have been announced. So, let's break it down.

In
Daniel Puder
Charlie Haas
Booker T
Orlando Jordan
Mark Jindrak
Luther Reigns
Rey Mysterio
Scotty 2 Hotty
John Cena
Paul London
Eddie Guerrero
Hardcore Holly
Kenzo Suzuki
Rene Dupree

Out
JBL (WWE Title match)
Kurt Angle (WWE Title match)
Big Show (WWE Title match)
The Undertaker (Casket Match)
Heidenreich (Casket Match)
Carlito (injured)
Rob Van Dam (injured)
Chavo Guerrero (lost qualifier to Rey)
Akio (lost qualifier to Scotty)
Shannon Moore (lost qualifier to London)
Funaki (lost qualifier to London)
Spike Dudley (lost qualifier to London)

So who does that leave?

Basham Brothers
With only one spot left, I doubt they'd give one of them to one Basham, while leaving the other out. So, I think that disqualifies both Danny and Doug.

Dudley Boyz
Same reasons as the Bashams, plus they haven't been on TV in months.

Jesus
Is he injured, or are they just not using him since they don't have Carlito healthy? Either way, I doubt it will be him, unless he's just used to take out Cena (but with a Cena/Suzuki feud happening, I doubt this will happen).

Nunzio
Sorry, but no. I love Nunzio, but unless they want him to be the requisite run-in-and-get-thrown-out-immediately guy (which I think Hurricane has all wrapped up), he won't be put in it.

So, that leaves us with my pick for the fifteenth SmackDown entrant (a qualifying match on Heat wouldn't surprise me).

Billy Kidman
They've been trying off and on to push him as a midcarder, and a good Rumble showing could be just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Nunzio on Heat for the last spot.

Evil Vito
01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm pretty sure that this year losing qualifiers mean nothing, since Rene Dupree lost his qualifier to John Cena on TV, yet still gets in.

That being said, I still think it'll be a mystery guy. Obviously the favorite for that would be Brock Lesnar, but I've heard a rumor about The Iron Shiek making a surprise appearance as the token old timer (which I thought was already taken by Ric Flair this year).</font> :wtf:

Xero
01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
My guess is either Rock or Lesnar.

RGWhat316
01-29-2005, 03:39 PM
I was wondering how the hell Dupree made it into the Rumble, seeing he lost to Cena in a qualifier. Then they never even mentioned it on SmackDown. Surprised not to see any of the Bashams in it, as they've been pushed lately. But then again they might defend the tag title on the Heat pre-ppv match.

And I really don't know if Brock showing up in the Rumble is the way to go. But if he does, I can't wait to hear the reaction when his music hits.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Assuming it won't be The Rock/Brock Lesnar/Hulk Hogan or whoever, I see a few possibilities:

Funaki
The last singles guy they have. If they give hima good Rumble showing he could do well. I'd rather see Paul London take the face cruiserweight attention in this match, though, with Funaki defending the WWE Cruiserweight Championship against someone on Heat.

A Basham
I think this would be the better choice out of any other entrant. I would LOVE to see The Bashams doing the switcheroo all through the match and end up having them come in third place or something. I can just here JR getting all pissed at The Bashams for cheating, and Tazz defending their actions and getting offended because JR is talking trash about a SD! guy.

I'd personally have Doug Basham be the legal entrant seeing as he seems to be the "leader" of the two. Doug=The Brain, Danny=Pinky. I can see them having a match earlier in the night for the shot, only for Danny to immediately lay down for Doug in a "WTF?" moment, only for it to become obvious later they are working together.

A Shane Twin
I can see Theodore R. Long giving a contract to one of The Shanes earlier, only for a similiar trick to be done as I mentioned in The Bashams. I can't remember the last a character debuted in the Rumble. I think The Shane Twins would make a great choice ot be involved with the match.

Loser of the Triple Threat
I hope not. I just think it would be a waste of the spot. Same goes if Undertaker gets it.

Randy Orton
I can see him using a loophole after losing to Triple H to get the SmackDown! slot, thus changing brands permanently.

Shannon Moore
Moore has the most out there appearance of the cruiserweights. He would be a wise choice if you are just trying to show-off the division.

Nunzio
Use the fact he did well last year, and have him use a similiar strategy, only to be dragged in. Nunzio then shows us why he is the Sicilian Shooter. :mad:

Nah, he'll probably get chucked, but Nunzio would make an interesting edition to the Rumble.

Chavo Guerrero
If they have plans of turning him heel, the Rumble would be a good place for character developement. Have him join up with Booker T, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero for a short time, only for him to secretly eliminate them one by one. Chavo would be an excellent choice for the long-lasting guy in the match. I can even see him being runner-up.

William Regal and/or Tajiri
Have Regal's plan come into effect. I can see Teddy Long doing a deal where Regal and Tajiri can enter together, and if one of them is eliminated, the other goes as well. If they win the match, they have a match on SmackDown! to decide the contender.

I'll LOL if William Regal takes Carlito's petition and crosses out SmackDown!, writes RAW, then replaces Theodore Long's name with Eric Bischoff.

Billy Kidman
I'd like this. Kidman has seemingly died down as a heel. Him hitting the Shooting Star Press on a guy (Cena?), only for them to come back and eliminate Kidman would make a great story.

Matt Hardy
V2-UHHHHHHHH! Bring Hardy back as that great character he was in 2003.

Akio
He could really light up the Rumble. He'd only be a filler, but as fillers go, Akio is one of the better choices.

I'm not sure if that's all of the guys not in the match from SmackDown! or not, but I think one of those guys would make a good entrant.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2005, 04:09 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm pretty sure that this year losing qualifiers mean nothing, since Rene Dupree lost his qualifier to John Cena on TV, yet still gets in.

That being said, I still think it'll be a mystery guy. Obviously the favorite for that would be Brock Lesnar, but I've heard a rumor about The Iron Shiek making a surprise appearance as the token old timer (which I thought was already taken by Ric Flair this year).</font> :wtf:

I personally would like to see Muhammad Hassan throw out Iron Shiek if he's in. Hassan and Daivari could blame him for the reputation of Arab-Americans.

I hope Hassan gets in the Rumble late, and they let Khosrow get a mic. :y:

John la Rock
01-29-2005, 04:14 PM
I would mark out huge if Lesnar returned (As long as he doesn't win)

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Add Ricky Steamboat to my list. That would be a nice surprise. :y:

Maybe Pat Patterson will do the Rumble this year? It would be a nice send-off for him. Maybe he could even be the runner-up?

BTW, what spots/eliminations do you want to see in this year's Rumble?

I'd love to see Paul London enter the match, slide right across the ring, then grab Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree's legs (since they went over the top rope and landed on the far apron), and pulls them off, eliminating both of them at the same time.

Jericho eliminating Christian, Flair and Booker T would be good. Same with Edge taking out Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit at the same time. Batista eliminating Viscera, Kane and Snitsky, as well as Cena eliminating Kidman after a Shooting Star Press from Kidman "injures" Cena as well. :y:

I-Hate-You
01-29-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm going with Mantuar.

Xero
01-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Obviously the favorite for that would be Brock Lesnar, but I've heard a rumor about The Iron Shiek making a surprise appearance as the token old timer (which I thought was already taken by Ric Flair this year).</font> :wtf:
He would have to win. Remember when he couldn't be thrown out of the Gimmick Battle Royal at WrestleMania X7 because of his back or something? :shifty:

SammyG
01-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Probably Flair or something

loopydate
02-01-2005, 12:44 AM
I was close. It was technically Nunzio...

Iceman90
02-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Wasn't it JBL?

Danny Electric
02-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Angle

Transplant
02-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Technically, it was Nunz. Too bad he wasnt in it though. I like watchin the 100 pound guys get thrown halfway down the entrance ramp.