everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Opposite of December
****ing awesome album...
my favorite.
thoughts?

The Destroyer
01-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Good band, shame the inevitable backlash for signing to a major is occuring.

Ah well, I liked You Come Before You, sod what everyone else thinks. Never really given Opposite of December a proper listen though, just odd tracks like Slice Paper Wrists, Artists Rendering of Me and a few others.

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 06:25 AM
the cd is probibly the cd that hooked me on hardcore. i listened to dillinger ecape plan and vision of disorder prior to hearing this band. but i explored the bands that poison the well was playing with after this cd became part of my collection.

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 06:27 AM
ycby is a good cd...ghostchant. good song as is Apathy Is a Cold Body.
im currently listening to the distance makes the heart grow fonder ep...its amazing

The Destroyer
01-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Going from DEP and VOD onto Poison the Well is an odd progression... I sort of went the opposite way.

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 06:42 AM
They can't be that good if they can actually screw up the first bar of Today by The Smashing Pumpkins

The Destroyer
01-09-2004, 06:47 AM
So you're judging them by a cover? :wtf:

Riiiight.

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 06:53 AM
They can't be that good if they can actually screw up the first bar of Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
uh yeah right. it was hellfest. they were having fun.
actually it kinda is a progression...vod only put 1 or 2 good cds out.
and dillinger had under the runningboard and calculating infinity that i really liked. the self titled lp was alright.
poision the well is still putting out quality i think. i dunno its a hard point to prove

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 06:54 AM
So you're judging them by a cover? :wtf:

Riiiight.

Not really, I was just stating a fact that I had heard.

I heard a little bit of them at Reading, wasn't overly impressed, sounded just like off-key screaming for the most part.

The Destroyer
01-09-2004, 06:56 AM
uh yeah right. it was hellfest. they were having fun.
actually it kinda is a progression...vod only put 1 or 2 good cds out.
and dillinger had under the runningboard and calculating infinity that i really liked. the self titled lp was alright.
poision the well is still putting out quality i think. i dunno its a hard point to prove
VOD only put out about 3 albums anyway...

And I'm a borderline Dillinger obsessive. :(

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 06:57 AM
actully their singer is quite amazing. and the rest of the band is quite good aswell. the drummer amazes me.

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 06:58 AM
VOD only put out about 3 albums anyway...

And I'm a borderline Dillinger obsessive. :(
they put out more than 3...they switched labels (the same one as pod) and put out like 1 or 2 eps and i think 1 or 2 fulls

ill admit that irony is a deadscene was alright but nothing special. when good dogs do bad things was a good song. but they need to get back to their tech ways of writing music. and get their old singer back

The Destroyer
01-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Will they did 3 full length albums... I know there's a kind of odds and sods EP as well.

And DEP don't need Dmitri back, Greg rules. :p

Now to wish they would hurry up and release the damn new album...

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 07:08 AM
ive herd greg and dmitri is alot better in my opinion. he just sounds crazy when hes up on the mic.

The Destroyer
01-09-2004, 07:12 AM
Meh, Greg has better vocal range, and has pretty damn good stage presence. Each to their own though...

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 07:19 AM
yeah true. i guess dimitri was my first core vocalist so i respect him and what ive read about how he was there from the begining.

Silent
01-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Poison The Well is my favorite band.

Tear From The Red and You Come Before You are my favorites. The Opposite of December was pretty good, but I like the other two a lot more.

Smitty
01-09-2004, 06:47 PM
PTW is pretty good. Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder and Opposite of December are probably my favorites, I think Tear From The Red blew, and the new one isn't too bad. I dunno, I've seem to drift away from listening to them. I mostly listen to local hardcore and classic rock :y:

DegenerationY
01-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I actually am REALLY digging Poison the Well. I saw them live a few months ago, and were awesome.

YCBY is a departure from their older stuff but I liked it a LOT. Opposite of December is great, as well.

It seems like the singer worked on his voice a lot in between albums, made it fuller and what not.

Silent
01-11-2004, 09:54 PM
I like the singing best on YCBY. Track 2 is brilliant.