PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Lives

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Not only is the series back, but an official game is coming, too.

Despite a production hiatus for the cult series Family Guy, the animated comedy thrives in DVD releases, licensed apparel, and now, an official videogame to be published under Take-Two Interactive's new 2K Games label.

The first Family Guy game, expected in 2006, is part of an agreement with Twentieth Century Fox granting Take-Two console, PC, and handheld video game rights to the franchise. The third-person action game will put players in the roles of Family Guy's main characters, including Stewie, Brian the Dog, and Peter himself.

"Take-Two has unparalleled experience in reaching what is the core Family Guy [demographic] and we are really excited to be collaborating with them on bringing the Griffins to the gaming community," said Peter Byrne of Fox Licensing and Merchandising.

"Family Guy" is set to re-launch as part of Fox's primetime line-up on May 1, along with creator Seth MacFarlane's new series, "American Dad."

For now, Take-Two is not unveiling targeted platforms or publisher details, but we'll be back with more on the Family Guy game as soon as new details emerge.

credit - xbox.ign.com and David Adams

though right now it's a 2006 release

Shaggy
02-03-2005, 04:38 PM
They better make it funny and have it control better Futurama. Perhaps they should look at Simpsons Hit and Run except not have the same gameplay.

Vietnamese Crippler
02-03-2005, 05:30 PM
It seems pretty cool, but just remembering the past attempts of cartoon to videogame recreations ---> :-\

Hired Hitman
02-04-2005, 02:17 AM
I would have you paly as stewie and try to take over the world :cool:

Fox
02-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Unless there are random cut scenes, it won't be anywhere near as good as the show.

Scarface
02-04-2005, 05:48 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tornado
02-04-2005, 05:50 AM
As long as it's better than the pile of crap that was the Futurama Video Game.

SuperSlim
02-04-2005, 07:44 AM
I just hope it doesn't wind up a big flop

BCWWF
02-05-2005, 12:37 AM
The original Simpsons videogames, I think they were as far back as NES, we sweet

Boondock Saint
02-05-2005, 02:45 AM
:?:

I see nothing but failure.

Kapoutman
02-05-2005, 04:07 AM
Anybody remember Conker's Bad Fur Day fro N64? The game was full of beer jokes, ass jokes, shit jokes and whatnot. It was also a great platformer. I say it can be done if really thought about.

Tornado
02-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Anybody remember Conker's Bad Fur Day fro N64? The game was full of beer jokes, ass jokes, shit jokes and whatnot. It was also a great platformer. I say it can be done if really thought about.
That game was the man...:cool:

I'm looking forward to Conker: Live and Reloaded.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't think it will be that bad. If they make it funny, have the gameplay run smoothly, and have the characters remain realistic, yet don't make the game too character-based. I don't know why, but Homer jumping eight feet in the air during Simpsons games doesn't really appeal to me.

Maybe each character can have different gameplay modes? Stewie can use his high-tech gizmos. And for some reason I can see him using some kind of mechanised combat suit.

Brian can have some kind of adventure mode, where he jumps from platform to platform and explores around a bit. No eight foot jumps, but have a lot of puzzle based stuff and have a very simple platform element to it.

I don't know why, but I can see Lois using gymnastics and stuff making her part of the game fast-paced.