PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night: Round 2

Disturbed316
02-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I loved the Knockout Kings games, and when Fight Night was released it completly blew them away. Now, Fight Night Round 2 is being released and oh my god, it looks like its going to be amazing.

Anyway, from what I have read on the net, quite alot has changed. You can now move and block at the same time (couldn't in the first FN) more moves have been added to the total punch control system (the EA Haymaker being the main one) and you can now control the Cut Man in between rounds. How cool is that? :love:

Here are the main new features of the game, taken from the EA's Fight Night website (http://www.easports.com/games/fightnightround2/home.jsp):

- The EA SPORTS™ Haymaker: Unleash the power of the punch. One crushing blow will knock your opponent straight to the canvas.

- Total Boxing Control: You now have total control of your boxer with 360° sticking and moving.

- Create a Champ: Create and train the ultimate champion by transforming his skills and physique.

- EA SPORTS™ Cut-Man: You take an active role in recovering from a beating by tending to a swollen eye in the corner between rounds.

- Dynamic Punch Impacts: Your fists have never felt so powerful as injuries affect your fighting abilities—a swollen eye prevents you from blocking, and a broken rib impairs your punching ability and mobility.

The Gamecube version also comes with Super Punch Out!! included :mad:

Controling the Cut Man :love:

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/581/581158/ea-sports-fight-night-round-2-20050120111030029.jpg

Anyone else gonna be getting this?

AareDub
02-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Hell yea. The first one was great, but I felt like it was lacking something... not quite sure what that something was though. I guess your first post answered my question, IT WAS MISSING SUPER PUNCH OUT!! Sucks that its only on the GC version though, I can't imagine playing Fight Night on anything but ps2.

RoXer
02-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Definitly thinking about getting the GC version.

House of Pancakes
02-04-2005, 08:06 PM
looks cool.

Disturbed316
02-09-2005, 04:21 PM
IGN has posted aload of new video's and an article about the game, which can be found here (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/585/585996p1.html).

I also understand that a demo of the game is out in the US now, anyone got it?

HeartBreakMan2k
02-09-2005, 04:25 PM
IGN has posted aload of new video's and an article about the game, which can be found here (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/585/585996p1.html).

I also understand that a demo of the game is out in the US now, anyone got it?

Yup. :cool: Hot shit. The motions are a lot better, as are the side stepping punches.

Fignuts
02-09-2005, 04:54 PM
If you want super punchout so bad go to one of the hundreds of emulator sites and download it.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-09-2005, 11:23 PM
If you want super punchout so bad go to one of the hundreds of emulator sites and download it.

Pretty much my thoughts. :y: I think the game itself is going to be great, but from what I understand Super Punchout is a direct port, so get the emulator and don't let that be what sells you.

el fregadero
02-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Might have to check that out.

Innovator
02-10-2005, 01:06 AM
I love Fight Night, this will be freaking amazing

Innovator
03-01-2005, 06:11 PM
The game just came out so...

BUMP

Kane Knight
03-01-2005, 06:16 PM
any good?

Disturbed316
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
This game doesn't come out for another 17 days over here, I think I'm going to go insane.

Plus, check out our boxart:

http://www.easports.co.uk/images/packshots/45495-pack.jpg

Much prefer the US cover.

Innovator
03-01-2005, 07:34 PM
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/object/716/716352/fightnightr2_ps2box_usa_org_000boxart_160w.jpg
Bernard Hopkins = the goods

AareDub
03-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Will probably have this on Friday. Saw a big open box of them sitting in the warehouse today... wanted to just help myself.

Innovator
03-02-2005, 11:35 AM
this game is amazing, heads and shoulders above the first one.

Graphics are better, fighting is better

t-man
03-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Going to pick it up. Todays my b-day. Might pick it up..

Disturbed316
03-17-2005, 05:30 PM
I was going crazy yesterday waiting for this game, but I finally got it (it offically comes out tomorrow). I love it, I just love it. I'm having abit of difficulty with the cutman bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it when I really use it (Still in amateur divison).

Top game though.

Innovator
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I was going crazy yesterday waiting for this game, but I finally got it (it offically comes out tomorrow). I love it, I just love it. I'm having abit of difficulty with the cutman bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it when I really use it (Still in amateur divison).

Top game though.once you go pro, you pick up cutman real fast. When invoicing before the fight, usually get the swelling guy, he helps in the later fights...

Oh yeah going for the Unified Heavyweight Title is a bitch, and Bernard Hopkins is even more of a bitch to fight

Disturbed316
03-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm really shit using the total punch control. I've never been good at using two analogue sticks at the same time, in any game, so I've switched over to face buttons :'(

I still use the stick for haymakers though.

AareDub
03-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I had a good career mode thing going for a while. I went undefeated through the Amatuer leage (not hard), then I was 13-0-0 with 13 KO's when I was ranked 30. My next fight was against one of those huge fat lards that won't throw a punch at all. He just sits back and blocks until he can parry one of your shots, then he beats the hell out of you. Anyway, I lost. I decided to drop a weight class hoping to find some more active fighters and less fat lards (like 20 of the top 30 including the champ were fat). I thought I'd be losing a little weight for the light heavyweight division, but it made my fighter a stick figure, not to mention the fact that the league was still plauged with fat lards.

I gave up on that one and started a new one. I guess it's the luck of the random draw, but there seems to be considerably less fatness in the new league. There's only like 3 of them in the top 15.

AareDub
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm really shit using the total punch control. I've never been good at using two analogue sticks at the same time, in any game, so I've switched over to face buttons :'(

I still use the stick for haymakers though.

I love using the sticks, but I have to make my boxers all southpaws because I can't throw many effective right hand punches with it. I can jab good with the right and throw some haymakers, but in tense moments of a fight almost all my hits end up coming from the left :meh:

Disturbed316
03-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I hardly land any right hook haymakers, it all comes from the left. I seem to always fuck up the jabs aswell for some strange reason. Using the face buttons kinda takes away from the game, but at least I can land a damn punch with them :$

RemyRed
03-19-2005, 10:37 PM
I had a good career mode thing going for a while. I went undefeated through the Amatuer leage (not hard), then I was 13-0-0 with 13 KO's when I was ranked 30. My next fight was against one of those huge fat lards that won't throw a punch at all. He just sits back and blocks until he can parry one of your shots, then he beats the hell out of you. Anyway, I lost. I decided to drop a weight class hoping to find some more active fighters and less fat lards (like 20 of the top 30 including the champ were fat). I thought I'd be losing a little weight for the light heavyweight division, but it made my fighter a stick figure, not to mention the fact that the league was still plauged with fat lards.

I gave up on that one and started a new one. I guess it's the luck of the random draw, but there seems to be considerably less fatness in the new league. There's only like 3 of them in the top 15.
LOL

Disturbed316
03-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Finally got used to the cut man, it's pretty sweet. I love the Hard Hits fights, $15,000 to beat the crap out of someone till they drop, great stuff. I'm currently 28th in the world of middleweights, at 14-0-0 or something. I love beating up this guy called Tate, he cuts so easily so after about 3 rounds he is completly busted up :D

Disturbed316
03-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Finally got used to the cut man, it's pretty sweet. I love the Hard Hits fights, $15,000 to beat the crap out of someone till they drop, great stuff. I'm currently 28th in the world of middleweights, at 14-0-0 or something. I love beating up this guy called Tate, he cuts so easily so after about 3 rounds he is completly busted up :D

AareDub
03-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Wasted a lot of time playing the game today. Won the heavyweight, light-heavyweight, and unified title with my created boxer. I don't understand the unified title though, I thought the people challenging me for it would be from either of the other divisions, but they just seem to be random guys I've never seen before.

The game increases the difficulty by quite a bit when there's a title on the line and it pisses me off. When I was working my way up in the ranks between like 15 and 5 I fought this guy named Halloway twice. Both times I KO'd him in 3 rounds or less without much trouble. Suddenly he wins the title and I'm first up to challenge him. I dominated him in the first round like usual, but then he turns into superman. He knocks me down in the second round (only been knocked down like 3 times in my career at this point). From the 3rd round to the 6th round I knock him down a few more times and get him down to the KO moment SEVERAL times, but he clinches and gets out of it. Finally he knocks me down again in the 6th. I just barely got up only to be knocked down again, this time for good. That led to a second fight that got stopped in the 5th due to excessive damage to my eye. It's insane. I wouldn't have cared if it was a different guy, but this Halloway guy was such a chump in our previous fights.

The game is still great, but I think there is a LOT of room for improvement.

AareDub
03-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Also, wtf @ the lack of any real boxers in the career mode?

Disturbed316
03-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, especially in the middleweight division, so far I haven't had a fight against anyone real.

AareDub
03-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I started in heavyweight and now jump back and forth to light heavyweight as well, not a single real fighter in either division.

Disturbed316
03-22-2005, 06:48 PM
BOO!

Just unified 3 titles, now I got to start defending them all otherwise I'll get stripped of them :(

AareDub
03-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Yea and you have to keep jumping weightclasses to do it, it's hell on your body and starts to effect your stats :(

I went from a Tyson-esque figure to a pear on chicken legs really quickly. I managed to get back into shape, but now I have to jump weight class again or I'll lose a title. This part of the career thing kinda sucks.

Disturbed316
03-22-2005, 07:43 PM
God damn, wonder if it's worth the effort, or just stay where I am and loose the titles :-\

Was quite funny, I went from a ripped middleweight to a skinny welterweight, then beefed up to a light heavyweight and became abit of a lardo.

Disturbed316
03-24-2005, 06:20 PM
I decided to retire after 41 fights. I was 45 years old or something and my stats started to slip backwards and I was getting duffed up badly so I called it a day whilst on the top. Started a new career, stupidly over the old one :mad:

Had my first win by ref stoppage today, strange thing was it was in the amateur title fight. Didn't think you could do alot of damage when you got the headgear on :-\

el fregadero
03-26-2005, 04:59 AM
I dominated everybody in the Light Heavyweight division and got the title, then I got the shit beat out of me when I tried moving to heavyweight.