PDA

View Full Version : Hide and Seek (Spoilers)

Gonzo
02-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Saw this movie Friday night. The whole movie I had this idea of what was going on, then towards the end it just totally got flipped around on me. It was actually decent for a thriller. I got to see it for free so as far as paying the $8 I would go see it.

Boondock Saint
02-05-2005, 01:31 PM
It turned out to be much better than I expected. I thought the tension and suspense is built up quite well.

UNTIL the twist. God damn, that pissed me off. So predictable I was thinking they wouldn't actually go that route considering how many times its been done and it just isn't exciting any more.

Bah. 1st and 2nd act= :y: 3rd act= :n:

Jason Cage
02-05-2005, 10:00 PM
yup the ending has only been done about 983246798 times now.

Triple A
02-05-2005, 10:11 PM
What was it, a split personality shit?

Champion of Europa
02-05-2005, 10:12 PM
What was it, a split personality shit?

Yeah. My sister came home saying that it was a really good and original ending. I wanted to punch her.

The Answer
02-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah. My sister came home saying that it was a really good and original ending. I wanted to punch her.

So the little girl was taking everyone out?

Champion of Europa
02-05-2005, 10:41 PM
So the little girl was taking everyone out?

I believe it was De Niro, but I haven't seen it yet.

Gonzo
02-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah.

spoiler:
It was De Niro, I don't watch a lot of movies so I wasn't as mad about the ending as some people. De Niro has a split personality and was the one killing people off. Decent.

Gonzo
02-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Also spoiler:

They leave it open to be a couple of people until the twist, the real estate guy, the neighbor.

Champion of Europa
02-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Also spoiler:

They leave it open to be a couple of people until the twist, the real estate guy, the neighbor.

Having not seen the movie, I have a very good idea how they did that. They made the people look and act guilty, making you think they could possibly have done it in a not-so-subtle way. It happens with a lot of those split personality things. Pisses me off.

Shaggy
02-05-2005, 11:38 PM
When I first saw the trailer and stuff about the movie my first thoughts were that it was either Dakota Fanning of Deniro who was doing the murders...guess I was right on one account.

Bad Guy
02-06-2005, 12:55 AM
This movie started out great and had me thinking who/what is Charlie? Then I found out who Charlie was and wanted my money back.

AmDrag
02-06-2005, 01:50 AM
I enjoyed it. Fanning is amazing, and DeNiro finally picked a good part. Lord, other than the Focker movies when the last time that guy was anything watchable? Heat?

I wasn't crazy about the ending. Especially seeing as how I watched Secret Window a week or two ago.

Question about the ending, did the stuff with the picture mean the girl had her own "Charlie" in her as well?

Gonzo
02-06-2005, 03:07 AM
95% of the time I don't understand those types of things. The stupid ass drawing at the end was gay.

Jason Cage
02-06-2005, 05:52 PM
yup the little twat got two personalities.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2005, 02:32 AM
I can't say I'm thrilled about the ending. I haven't seen the movie, but still.

The thing is these movies don't need good endings to make an easy living, which is a little disappointing, but whatever works.

RP
02-13-2005, 04:44 PM
*spoliers*

I saw this today. Its was a very good movie. DeNiro was awesome. The ending has been done alot but because Bobby DeNiro was so good in this movie i didnt expect it. I thought it was the neighbor guy the whole time. Even the scene where DeNiro was watching them through the telescope and they where arguing and shit. I thought the neighbor was some sord of sick freak. I honestly didnt get tipped off until the Neighbor guy said he saw him come back from the woods with a shovel and wanted to see if everything was cool. This after DeNiro went for the chicks body but couldnt find it. Thats when i said it was him doing the shit.

The last scene where it shows the drawing gave the movie all the credibility it needed. It basically explained why she didnt tell him he was Charlie or anyone else for that matter. One cause she was scared the Charlie charachter would hurt her and two , Because she was a little psycho herself with split personalitys.

This was a very good movie and tho the Personality plot has been done alot , this is probably one of the best i've seen. Bob DeNiro was just simply amazing. His acting pretty much sheilded me from realizing that he was "Charlie"