PDA

View Full Version : Finger poke of doom

Marcyo
02-06-2005, 10:38 AM
What exactly was the finger poke of doom? I know it happened in WCW, but I never watched it. What was it? :shifty:

LK
02-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Kevin Nash vs Hogan. Nash had just ended Goldberg's streak and it was the big match of Hogan vs Nash. Hogan looked like he was going to punch Nash but instead just touched him with his finger and Nash hit the deck. Hogan got the 1-2-3 and became WCW champ.

Bo
02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah it also made the nWo a single unit again.

Marcyo
02-06-2005, 07:05 PM
oooh so that's why WCW lost millions of $ and millions of fans... Yeah, I guess I can understand why.

Iceman90
02-07-2005, 12:51 AM
oooh so that's why WCW lost millions of $ and millions of fans... Yeah, I guess I can understand why.
One of many things they did.
Actually, everything they did caused the fans to hate them.

AareDub
02-07-2005, 01:01 AM
At the time I was a huge nWo mark and I thought it was one of the most hilarious things to ever happen in sports entertainment. However, if I had understood what was going on backstage and what that all really meant at the time (i.e. if i had access to the internet), I probably would've hated it.

I guess that goes to show what the internet does to a wrestling fan. Knowledge is a disease.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

.... ok I was bored :p

Xero
02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
At the time I was a huge nWo mark and I thought it was one of the most hilarious things to ever happen in sports entertainment. However, if I had understood what was going on backstage and what that all really meant at the time (i.e. if i had access to the internet), I probably would've hated it.

I guess that goes to show what the internet does to a wrestling fan. Knowledge is a disease.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

.... ok I was bored :p
But really, any fan could see that they shat all over Goldberg's streak with the Finger Poke of Doom, storyline or otherwise.

Hired Hitman
02-07-2005, 11:33 AM
No they couldn't, we wouldn't know shit about the real business without the internet.

I for one wouldn't.

jnb3599
02-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't believe it was this particular poke of doom tha tcaused the ruin of WCW, but it could have been the that one combined with anytime Savage won the belt to drop it one night later to Hogan with no previous storyline, or insert any wcw star's name where Savage's is. Or the the Jeff Jarrett lay down ( although i loved the aftermath of that one with Russo ripping Hogan a new ahole), but as much as i never liked Hogan even in WWF, I still say the demise had only 5% to do with him and 95% with David Arquette and the nimrods who thought him winning the belt would be a good idea! Nail in the coffin

ColdwaVer
02-07-2005, 05:26 PM
At the time I was a huge nWo mark and I thought it was one of the most hilarious things to ever happen in sports entertainment.

No, the most hilarious thing was later when Nash was asked about the finger poke, and he said "If Hogan had done that to Goldberg, it would have killed him!!!"

Lord-Of-Darkness
02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
didnt DX redo it as a piss take?

M. Banana
02-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have a vid of this then? Or picture at least? I should probably go to the video section though..