PDA

View Full Version : I love JBL!

RP
02-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I dont care what you say about him in the ring. He's money on the mic. I was watching that Royal Rumble '05 link in the wrestling thread. After he retains the title and Teddy Long is trying to tell him about his next match.

JBL: I'll eat Big Show like Big Show eats a Pizza! I'll wrestle God.. I'll wrestle God!

:lol:

What are some more great JBL lines.

Normal Is Me
02-06-2005, 06:24 PM
He is a pretty solid in-ring performer and great on the mic but he will NEVER draw. The majority of wrestling smarks hate him. The die hard only WWE fans think he's alright. And I can bet you that most casual fans do not know his name.

LK
02-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Must admit that I was chuckling when JBL proclaimed himself as a wrestling God.

Corkscrewed
02-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Yup. I've definitely warmed up to him. I enjoy him tremendously as a character, though I still think he's a prick as a person. Still, he's been one of the more entertaining guys on SD! recently.

I don't know if I should be sad about that.

And finally, he's starting to get some credibility with some credible wins over Booker T and Kurt Angle.

Lord-Of-Darkness
02-06-2005, 06:40 PM
on that note, does anyone know where i could get the video of when JBL turned on Faarooq by not leaving with him? i just wanted to recap on the begining of the character

Hired Hitman
02-06-2005, 06:49 PM
I like the guy, he is a decent brawler and that is how he fights, worthy of the WWE Championship? I don't think so, but he would make a GREAT US Champion. In my opinion.

RP
02-06-2005, 08:13 PM
His charachter is more advanced then most charachters the WWE has right now. I mean theres no one that can continuously keep the heat on him and flat out entertain people on the mic. He's not horrible in the ring either. At first i thought of Dibiase when i saw his charachter. But now i can honestly say he has made this charachter original with the funny shit he says and the heelish things he does and acts. I just love the guy to death . I hope he stays in the Main Event card for a couple of years.

addy2hotty
02-06-2005, 08:39 PM
The truth is, JBL has been shoved down our throats as champion for so long now that people are bound to warm to him, I have, and I've never liked him at any point during his career. I don't think he's a worthy champion by any stretch of the imagination, and when you see worthy wrestlers such as Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Booker, RVD and even Mysterio being wasted it drives you crazy. JBL was at least a year off a title run (with a decent buld-up) for anyone to take him credibly. And yes, he's good on the Mic, but so is Christian, but he's not a world champion, and sadly never will be.

Loose Cannon
02-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Yea, loved that promo. That was money all the way

Gouda
02-06-2005, 08:55 PM
More funny JBL moments? the moment that most sticks out in my head is JBL in Iraq. Coming out in the Bio Hazard suit. :lol:

mike627
02-06-2005, 09:18 PM
BJL is a sorry-ass excuse for a WWE champion and a lame wrestler as well.

rob11
02-06-2005, 09:55 PM
BJL is a sorry-ass excuse for a WWE champion and a lame wrestler as well.

I'll agree with you that JBL's wrestling skills are under par esp. for the wwe champ. I do like the gimmick tho. At the time they started pushing bradshaw as a heel, i thought, this sucks bad. But i always thought the gimmick was decent. Its not like the wwe is pushing great "wrestlers"

Transplant
02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
"I Don't Speak Spanish! I Don't Speak Gangster! I Don't Speak Monster!"

Also, that thing he did when he earnt his No1 contenders shot, where he chased away the latinos from the texas border with mexico. It wasnt very funny, but it was shocking, and thats whats the WWE need to do in my eyes to gain interest.

rob11
02-06-2005, 10:06 PM
"I Don't Speak Spanish! I Don't Speak Gangster! I Don't Speak Monster!"

Also, that thing he did when he earnt his No1 contenders shot, where he chased away the latinos from the texas border with mexico. It wasnt very funny, but it was shocking, and thats whats the WWE need to do in my eyes to gain interest.

Hey, its how they did it in 97-98. The problem is, with the stricter rules on tnn, they cant go as far as they did on usa

Aussie Skier
02-06-2005, 10:17 PM
More funny JBL moments? the moment that most sticks out in my head is JBL in Iraq. Coming out in the Bio Hazard suit. :lol:

he did that brilliantly!

It garnered good natured heat, if you know what I mean.

And the crowd warmed to him...esspecially considering, i'd say, they hadnt seen much of him before (i have no idea if they can watch wrestling over there.)

Aussie Skier
02-06-2005, 10:21 PM
JBL is awesome!

I loved the poster at a smackdown house show which had a mock ballot paper saying:

John Kerry (empty box)
George Bush (emplty box)
John Bradshaw Layfield (tick in the box)

That cracked me up.

I personally think he's awesome.
I think how we won the title, devasting Eddie Guerrero really set him up as the top heel.
Now, without any doubt, he is far and away the number 1 heel in the WWE.

And his match against eddie (the first one) was brilliant. Granted, Eddie was magnificient in that match, but the entire match was fantastic IMO

Thriller
02-06-2005, 10:22 PM
The truth is, JBL has been shoved down our throats as champion for so long now that people are bound to warm to him, I have, and I've never liked him at any point during his career. I don't think he's a worthy champion by any stretch of the imagination, and when you see worthy wrestlers such as Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Booker, RVD and even Mysterio being wasted it drives you crazy. JBL was at least a year off a title run (with a decent buld-up) for anyone to take him credibly. And yes, he's good on the Mic, but so is Christian, but he's not a world champion, and sadly never will be.
How are Booker T,RVD and Rey worthy of the world title.Booker is not as good as he once was,which personally i never thought was to good to begin unless fighting someone the caliber of Benoit.RVD is overated,Entertaning matches yea,world champ material god no.His mic skills are worst than Benoits(who has improved quite a bit)and he's nothing but a a man with 1 or 2 spots.You can say he was great in ECW but he had the likes of Lynn and Storm to name a few to help him.As for Rey,id love to see him as US champ,but him as world champ would be a joke cause hes just 2 small.No one would take him seriously.

Lara Emily
02-07-2005, 02:51 AM
JBL is a good gimmick and a good mic worker but a shit champ, he hasn't had a clean, convincing win over anyone except like Spike Dudley

RP
02-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Seriously . So the fuck what. Its makes him funnier IMO. I mean. He will wrestle GOD! What more can you ask from this man. He'll wrestle GOD!

Mister Sinister
02-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Seriously . So the fuck what. Its makes him funnier IMO. I mean. He will wrestle GOD! What more can you ask from this man. He'll wrestle GOD!

If he had any real balls, he'd fight Satan instead

RP
02-07-2005, 03:14 AM
He's JBL man. He's a wrestling god. What could Satan do?

Mister Sinister
02-07-2005, 03:23 AM
He's JBL man. He's a wrestling god. What could Satan do?

Show JBL how to really Sodimized other men in the shower like JBL has had a thing for doing in the past...

Hired Hitman
02-07-2005, 04:16 AM
... Say what? :| What is this about JBL and men in the shower?

Pegasus Crawford
02-07-2005, 04:51 AM
"Since i have been champ, there has not been one terrorist attack on American soil!"

Or something like that. But it was hilarious neverthless.

He still sucks wrestling-wise, though.

#1-norm-fan
02-07-2005, 05:04 AM
JBL is indeed one of my favorite heels in a LONG time. He's not all that terrible of an in ring performer either. Not alot of pure wrestling ability but he can put on a decent story-telling type match when he wants. And his gimmick/promos really remind me of a great mixture of late NWA/early WCW and basically just the entire mid-south back in the day and a modern day funny heel.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2005, 05:33 AM
I really like JBL. The Bio-Hazard suit, the speech about terrorism ceasing and his recent promo about John Cena disrespecting the belt are perfect, IMO.

Leading up to WrestleMania, if/when John Cena gains the WWE Championship shot at WrestleMania, I can easily see JBL bringing back the WCW version of the United States Championship belt and wearing it since it is only a matter of time before the US Title is saved when JBL becomes a double-champion at WrestleMania.

Personally, I really think a JBL vs. Vince McMahon feud would be extremely interesting. You could have JBL cheat to retain the WWE Championship and win the WWE United States Championship at WrestleMania, then out pops Vince McMahon (I suppose you could have it be Theodore Long), and have Vinnie/Teddy re-start the match, hopefully before a riot breaks out.

Cena then goes on to win the match, and JBL decides to try and take the WWE away from Vince.

#1-norm-fan
02-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Personally, I really think a JBL vs. Vince McMahon feud would be extremely interesting. You could have JBL cheat to retain the WWE Championship and win the WWE United States Championship at WrestleMania, then out pops Vince McMahon (I suppose you could have it be Theodore Long), and have Vinnie/Teddy re-start the match, hopefully before a riot breaks out.

Cena then goes on to win the match, and JBL decides to try and take the WWE away from Vince.

My only problem with that would be having Cena lose the match, then get it restarted and have him win it. Firstly, it makes Cena look vulnerable just before you give him the world title. Secondly, it's too overdone for a world title match at WM. Any other time, alright but I'd rather see the title match at WM just be two guys wrestling, one gets the win, celebrates end of story. It would seem like you are using the biggest stage in all of wrestling to set up a feud rather than just letting everything come to a head in one great climatic ending and then worry about the future on the next TV show.

Hired Hitman
02-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Austin turned heel and joined Vince at WM X-Seven, right? or that okay for a Wrestlemania :o

addy2hotty
02-07-2005, 08:16 AM
How are Booker T,RVD and Rey worthy of the world title.Booker is not as good as he once was,which personally i never thought was to good to begin unless fighting someone the caliber of Benoit.RVD is overated,Entertaning matches yea,world champ material god no.His mic skills are worst than Benoits(who has improved quite a bit)and he's nothing but a a man with 1 or 2 spots.You can say he was great in ECW but he had the likes of Lynn and Storm to name a few to help him.As for Rey,id love to see him as US champ,but him as world champ would be a joke cause hes just 2 small.No one would take him seriously.

So you feel that JBL is more deserving of a title run then the ones I mentioned? That was my point, that Booker T and RVD have done far more in their careers to warrant a title run then Bradshaw has ever done. As for Mysterio, you talk like Vince obviously speaks. If they ain't big, they ain't champions.

John la Rock
02-07-2005, 09:43 AM
JBL is a great heel. Probably the best heel the company has had since HHH in 99-2000

Disturbed316
02-07-2005, 11:25 AM
JBL = The man

He does need more clean wins though.

RP
02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
They need JBL to go through a mean streak now. I mean really beat th shit out of a couple of big names on smackdown. Like at No Way Out. He needs the bloody the hell out of Big Show and get the clean win. That would go along way towards his credibility.

#1-norm-fan
02-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Austin turned heel and joined Vince at WM X-Seven, right? or that okay for a Wrestlemania :o

That was a HUGE heel turn though by one of the biggest faces of all time. It was something that needed to be saved for WrestleMania. The restarting the match thing and having Cena win just isn't big enough to outshine the moment of Cena winning itself.

tucsonspeed6
02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
If he had any real balls, he'd fight Satan instead

HHH is on the wrong show, man...

Nark Order
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
"Batista looks like Tarzan, I will make him feel like Jane"

:D