PDA

View Full Version : E A G L E S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

The Miz
02-06-2005, 10:15 PM
DO THE BIRD BABY DO THE BIRD BABY DO THE BIRD BABY

FLY EAGLES FLY

The Miz
02-06-2005, 10:19 PM
One is a mindset. One is the collective breath taken by the fans as the game winning field goal is kicked. One is having faith. One is knowing that when the game clock reaches One second there will be only One winner. One is 4th and 26, it's One play with One result, yet One more win. One is what you live for, because Two doesn't cut it. One is excitement. One is breathtaking. One is upon us because their can only be One winner in Jacksonville.
one team.one city.one dream

Loose Cannon
02-06-2005, 10:20 PM
lol, I feel bad though. They deserved it.

The Miz
02-06-2005, 10:23 PM
lol, I feel bad though. They deserved it.
Why? Because they barely scraped by one of the worst conferences in NFL history? Because they choked 3 years in a row? Because they were the 2nd best of the two teams playing tonight?

Y2Ant
02-06-2005, 10:23 PM
lets go T.O :(

PDD
02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
They deserved to win if they won but since they didn't win, they didn't deserve it. But I was rooting for the Eagles and the better team one, being NE.

Anyway, Im not a big Eagles fan but I always cheer for the underdog. Hopefully next year the Chargers can help put an end to the Pats streak, since they're my fav team and all.

It was sort of a sloppy game, but good nonetheless and I enjoyed the first half more since that showed alot of potential for the Eagles. The best part of the game had to be the Eagles retrieving the ball from the clump, it was hilarious and at that point I really thought the Eagles were going all the way.

Bazooka
02-06-2005, 10:29 PM
They deserved to win if they won but since they didn't win, they didn't deserve it. But I was rooting for the Eagles and the better team one, being NE.

Anyway, Im not a big Eagles fan but I always cheer for the underdog. Hopefully next year the Chargers can help put an end to the Pats streak, since they're my fav team and all.

It was sort of a sloppy game, but good nonetheless and I enjoyed the first half more since that showed alot of potential for the Eagles. The best part of the game had to be the Eagles retrieving the ball from the clump, it was hilarious and at that point I really thought the Eagles were going all the way.

Loose Cannon
02-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I like McNabb and I wanted him to take it. I don't know, I really didn't care at the Beg, but I really was pulling for the Eagles by the 3rd. I wanted the comeback.

RoXer
02-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Why do people thank god? Just once I'd like somone from the losing team to say in an interview "Well, it wasn't my fault. It was God's fault. I didn't throw 3 INT's. God made me. Blame god."

Bazooka
02-06-2005, 10:34 PM
people on the losing team are atheists, nah... I don't believe you should thank a "God" that doesn't even exist, because it was the team that won the game, not some other unknown entity that won it for them.

or perhaps it was the invisible man that guided them to the win, more sense in that theory

Corkscrewed
02-06-2005, 10:35 PM
lol

Well, if you're religious, then it makes a lot of sense, but if you're not, then it doesn't.

Anyway, the Eagles were outplayed tonight, basically. Pats were undoubtedly the better team. Although all in all, it wasn't one of the best Superbowls in recent memory IMO.

Innovator
02-07-2005, 12:35 AM
U-L-O-S-T EAGLES!

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 12:39 AM
How can you say that? The Eagles tore apart the Patriots secondary and lost the game by a field goal. Donovan McNabb didn' have a good game, but his recievers played amazing. Tom Brady wasn't invincible, he couldn't get anything going for a big chunk of the game.

The Patriots won by three points and McNabb had four turnovers. If you guys think that the Eagles were owned in that game then you are just stupid and blind. They played very well for the most part, but in the end the Patriots are the better team. Don't pretend like the Eagles got spanked and lost 41-0, they were in the game until the final minute. And if you still don't respect TO after what he did tonight then you are just blind. Besides getting the catches that he did, his presence in the game clearly motivated the rest of the recievers to step up. He may be cocky to the media, but I doubt one player on that team would have rather played without him.

Just because you don't like the Eagles or their fans, give them credit for playing as well as they did.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-07-2005, 01:04 AM
And if you still don't respect TO after what he did tonight then you are just blind.
Respecting someone and acknowledging their talents are two very different things. People don't hate TO because they don't think he's a great athlete. They hate him because he's a prick.

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Respect his talent moreso then respect him as a person, yeah. You can look at what he did tonight in two lights though, personalitywise.

1. TO fought through what was supposed to be a season ending injury so he could help his team finally win a super bowl, and he played really hard and with a lot of heart considering what was at risk, all for the good of the team.

2. TO foolishly risked further injury by coming back tonight only because he wanted to be in the spotlight. He didn't come back so that he could help his team win as much as he came back so that he could play in front of the worlds largest audience.

Personally I don't know TO, and I don't think anybody on these boards knows TO (Except I think Outlaw said he met him once), so I don't think any of us know which is a better explanation of TO tonight. I personally think its #1 because I don't think his effort in the past two weeks and tonight was for himself only, but if you believe his return was more for #2 then thats a totally legit opinion with me because there is a lot of reason why you may think that.

John la Rock
02-07-2005, 01:50 AM
TO played great today

VonErich Lives
02-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Great game, I was telling everyone Pats by 3, it would be close.

Scared me when Wilson went down.

The refs sucked, both ways.

Now, the question starts, can they be the first team to 3-peat...

The Eagles are a good team, no question about it. Brady play'd a great game (not sure what BCWWF is smoking).

McNabb seemed like he was forcing things which caused turnovers.

The Pats are a Dynasty, no argument against it.

Pitt, SF, DAL, NE.

Belicheck now has the best post season record.

Next year will be the test of him vs. Lombardi. With the loss of both the OC and DC, if they win again, 3peat never been done, that puts him as the greatest coach in history.

Ok, so when does Spring training start... and where the fuck is rain man?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-07-2005, 02:07 AM
pitchers and catchers report in 8 days

OH YEAH

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 02:40 AM
I can't wait for baseball!!!

VEL, that is out of context. I didn't say he had a bad game, but I'll explain myself tomorrow.

road doggy dogg
02-07-2005, 03:15 AM
How can you say that? The Eagles tore apart the Patriots secondary and lost the game by a field goal. Donovan McNabb didn' have a good game, but his recievers played amazing. Tom Brady wasn't invincible, he couldn't get anything going for a big chunk of the game.

The Patriots won by three points and McNabb had four turnovers. If you guys think that the Eagles were owned in that game then you are just stupid and blind. They played very well for the most part, but in the end the Patriots are the better team. Don't pretend like the Eagles got spanked and lost 41-0, they were in the game until the final minute. And if you still don't respect TO after what he did tonight then you are just blind. Besides getting the catches that he did, his presence in the game clearly motivated the rest of the recievers to step up. He may be cocky to the media, but I doubt one player on that team would have rather played without him.

Just because you don't like the Eagles or their fans, give them credit for playing as well as they did.

The Patriots won and the Eagles lost. That is the only stat that matters.

Corkscrewed
02-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Now, the question starts, can they be the first team to 3-peat...
Didn't Chicago like three-peat in the 20s or 40s? Unless you mean SuperBowl three-peat, which in that case, nevermind. :p

Loose Cannon
02-07-2005, 07:53 AM
8 days until the NY advatar comes back :D

Kalyx triaD
02-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Is it me, or did I actually see Eagle's moral fading at the end of the game? What was up with the slow huddles with minutes left? Doesn't matter I guess, I'm not a fan of neither team; but I'll give the Patriots their due. And as for the Eagles, TO did well considering; but McNabb was clrealy RATTLED.

The Outlaw
02-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Damn.

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
The Patriots won and the Eagles lost. That is the only stat that matters.

Touche

slextremely
02-07-2005, 04:46 PM
McNabb, played awfull but that's what the Pats do to QB's.
Good game tho.

MoRcHeEbA
02-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I bet next years superbowl is gonna be the eagles and some gay team like the Jets or something.

MoRcHeEbA
02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
and they gay Jets will win thus making Philly even worse then the bills.

The Icon of Elisim
02-07-2005, 06:35 PM
How about Brian Westbrook catching that ball thrown at the line of scrimage with 30 seconds left. Talk about a bone head move

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah that was awful, that play probably took away any momentum that the Eagles could possibly have had in that last drive.

The Outlaw
02-07-2005, 08:25 PM
It all started with the onside kick. A series of...choice calls and whatnot I thought.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
LOL@Philly Fans in the stands

They came in singing all their stupid songs, and doing that "o-lay" soccer chant but saying "T-O" instead. It was hilarious.

PATRIOTS > YOUR FAVORITE TEAM

Gonzo
02-07-2005, 09:16 PM
stima you're a funny guy.

Crimson
02-07-2005, 10:03 PM
'96 Cowboys > Patriots

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 10:05 PM
98 Vikings < 98 Falcons :nono:

Unfortunately

Gonzo
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
The '96 Cowboys didn't win the Superbowl.

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Lol

Gonzo
02-07-2005, 11:34 PM
They did in 95'. I really hope I'm not mistaken and now look like an asshole.

Gonzo
02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
OK my bad. They beat Pittsburgh that year. :o

Anyways, the Patriots could whup up on the Cowboys of the 90's.

Gonzo
02-07-2005, 11:37 PM
The '95 Cowboys won the Superbowl, not the '96 Cowboys. Go by the damn year they played all their games, not the fucking year the Superbowl was played in. :mad: Twats.

BCWWF
02-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I just found out Deion Branch was the MVP :eek: Weird, I just assumed it would be Brady.

The Outlaw
02-08-2005, 12:17 AM
OK my bad. They beat Pittsburgh that year. :o

Anyways, the Patriots could whup up on the Cowboys of the 90's.
I dunno about all that...:o