Dave Youell
02-09-2005, 09:50 AM
So the cast for Superman Returns is looking quite expensive

Kevin Spacey: Lex Luther
Jude Law: General Zod
Kevin Bacon: John Corbin/Metallo
Daniel Day Lewis: Superman's Dad
Famke Janssen: Superman's Mum

And that's not even mentioning Superman, Lois Lane or the other 2 which I asume will come back with Zod.

Jesus the cast alone could top £100,000,000

El Santo
02-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Are Daniel Day Lewis and Famke Jansen playing Jor-El and Lara or the Kents? Because I'm trying to picture them as the Kents, and it's coming out all wrong. I can't seem them as Kansas type folk.

Dave Youell
02-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Are Daniel Day Lewis and Famke Jansen playing Jor-El and Lara or the Kents? Because I'm trying to picture them as the Kents, and it's coming out all wrong. I can't seem them as Kansas type folk.
Hmm not 100% but I think DDL is playing Jor-El

Gouda
02-09-2005, 12:03 PM
The other two don't necessarily need to come back with Zod. They didn't when Zod most recently appeared in the comics.

The Destroyer
02-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Well IMDB say Eva Marie Saint is playing Martha Kent...

Boondock Saint
02-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Where'd you hear this?

This is the current cast from the Superman homepage:

Superman/Clark Kent: Brandon Routh
Lois Lane: Kate Bosworth
Lex Luthor: Kevin Spacey
Perry White: Hugh Laurie
Richard White: James Marsden
Jimmy Olsen: Sam Huntington
Martha Kent: Eva Marie Saint

#1-norm-fan
02-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I bet Superman fights a giant spider in the third act.

Azriel
02-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Jude Law will never compare to Terrance Stamp.

"KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

Nowhere Man
02-09-2005, 05:51 PM
There isn't anything on SuperHeroHype about this (which is THE place to go if you want news on superhero movies), but I'm still excited about the movie. Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor = :drool:

John la Rock
02-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor will rock :y:

it's funny how Christopher Reeves was billed 3rd in the original Superman movie. I bet Brandon Routh will be billed 5th or 6th lol

AareDub
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Famke Janssen :drool:

Dave Youell
02-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19377

John la Rock
02-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Famke Janssen :drool:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I gots to watch Goldeneye again

AareDub
02-11-2005, 12:22 AM
:yes: :yes: :yes:

I gots to watch Goldeneye again

She was in Goldeneye?? I so don't remember anything about that movie.

Ninti the Mad
02-11-2005, 12:52 AM
BRANDON ROUTH???

Who the fu</>ck is he.

Dave Youell
02-11-2005, 03:00 AM
BRANDON ROUTH???

Who the fu</>ck is he.
This guy: http://imdb.com/name/nm0746125/

It was one of the conditions of Singer directing that they follow in the steps of the old films and use an unknown as Superman, which to be fair is probably a good call, a decent well known leading man could cost £20,000,000 and IMO the superman brand name alone is enough to carry this movie.

John la Rock
02-11-2005, 04:18 PM
She was in Goldeneye?? I so don't remember anything about that movie.

I don't know how you can forget. she stays on your mind forever

Azriel
02-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, she did have a small role, she was the physician that had to do a checkup on Pierce and in order for her to clear him for duty, he slept with her

Innovator
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
she was the girl who killed people while screwing them

mitchables
02-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, she did have a small role, she was the physician that had to do a checkup on Pierce and in order for her to clear him for duty, he slept with her

Uh... no. Wrong movie. Wrong person.

She was Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye, a Russian agent working under General Orumov.

RP
02-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Famke "Bleeping " Jansen :drool: :drool:

BlackDawn2024
02-20-2005, 04:03 AM
If anyone here has any connection at all to Brian Singer, you can deliver this message to him.

"YOU SUCK"

I would seriously like to rip Singer's balls off for what he's doing. First off, he pretty much gives the finger to Fox and heads off to do Superman. He then proceeds to get one of the worst casts(I've seen worse choices) for Superman. I don't know about Brandon Routh's acting, but he's NOT Superman. You show me any kind of picture of Superman, and tell me that Routh looks anything like the part.

Second, now Singer's trying to bring in all these people from X-Men. Fuck you, Singer. Go off and do X3, because we know it will all be about Magneto anyway. Singer, Routh is not Superman, Bosworth is not Lois, and Spacey is not Luthor. I have no problem with Spacey, as he is a great actor, but I've said it once, and I'll say it again.

Studios ARE stupid enough to cast someone for Lex Luthor just because they're bald.

I could go on and on, but those are my general feelings towards Bryan Singer's "Superman" movie. So...

Fuck you, Bryan Singer. Fuck you, Warner Bros. Fuck you, Jon Peters. Fuck you, Kevin Smith(nothing to do with this, but he's worth mentioning). And finally, Fuck You, Superman Returns.

Lara Emily
02-20-2005, 04:45 AM
If anyone here has any connection at all to Brian Singer, you can deliver this message to him.

"YOU SUCK"

I would seriously like to rip Singer's balls off for what he's doing. First off, he pretty much gives the finger to Fox and heads off to do Superman. He then proceeds to get one of the worst casts(I've seen worse choices) for Superman. I don't know about Brandon Routh's acting, but he's NOT Superman. You show me any kind of picture of Superman, and tell me that Routh looks anything like the part.

Second, now Singer's trying to bring in all these people from X-Men. Fuck you, Singer. Go off and do X3, because we know it will all be about Magneto anyway. Singer, Routh is not Superman, Bosworth is not Lois, and Spacey is not Luthor. I have no problem with Spacey, as he is a great actor, but I've said it once, and I'll say it again.

Studios ARE stupid enough to cast someone for Lex Luthor just because they're bald.

I could go on and on, but those are my general feelings towards Bryan Singer's "Superman" movie. So...

Fuck you, Bryan Singer. Fuck you, Warner Bros. Fuck you, Jon Peters. Fuck you, Kevin Smith(nothing to do with this, but he's worth mentioning). And finally, Fuck You, Superman Returns.
Woah. CHill or something.

Gouda
02-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Seriously. Wait until yousee the movie to bash it. Even if you think it has the worst cast it could turn out to be pretty damn good.

So I say to you.... KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!

Tornado
02-20-2005, 01:51 PM

"YOU SUCK"

LOL, Shut the Fuck Up.

Buzzkill
02-20-2005, 02:10 PM
LOL, Shut the Fuck Up.

Fox
02-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Although I'm not taking it as personal as Blackdawn is, I have to agree with his disappointment in the casting.

Clark Kent and Lois Lane are not supposed to be teenagers. Christopher Reeves and Margot Kidder were at least in their early 30's when they did the original Superman, the way it should be done. I don't want to see some 25 year old kid playing the Man of Steel. Keyword: MAN. But whatever. We'll see what happens.

BlackDawn2024
02-20-2005, 11:01 PM
So I take comic book films seriously? Big deal.

I've been reading comic books my entire life. I feel that if you're going do adapt a comic to film, do it right and with the right actors. I just get a little pissed off when one of my favorite characters is being done so poorly.

Buzzkill
02-20-2005, 11:30 PM
lol shut the fuck up

Gouda
02-21-2005, 12:09 AM
So I take comic book films seriously? Big deal.

I've been reading comic books my entire life. I feel that if you're going do adapt a comic to film, do it right and with the right actors. I just get a little pissed off when one of my favorite characters is being done so poorly.
Wow. I've been reading comic books (especially Superman) my entire life too. I'm still giving it a chance. If it turns out to be bad, I'll probably be right there with you bashing it with the fury of ten red suns. However, until I see it I won't judge it.

BlackDawn2024
02-22-2005, 03:26 AM
It's not just the actors. There's also the horrid script rumors I've been reading. Plus, I'm just not impressed with Singer anyway. He's never really done anything that I enjoy, and I don't really think he's that good of a director.

Dave Youell
02-22-2005, 08:37 AM
It's not just the actors. There's also the horrid script rumors I've been reading. Plus, I'm just not impressed with Singer anyway. He's never really done anything that I enjoy, and I don't really think he's that good of a director.
If you hate his directing so much why do you want him to go and film X-3?

What horrid script rumours have you heard? As far as I know Superman has left Earth for a while and then returns when Zod shows up, Kent comes back big battles and then he'll get it on with Miss Lane.

And if you hate the cast so much please by all means come up with a better one, I for one think Spacey and Law are perfect in there roles

Gouda
02-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I'll admit the script sounds pretty lame, but who knows... they could pull it off. If they give him that gay costume posted in that other thread I'll be super pissed though.

As for Bryan Singer... I liked X2. The first one wasn't anything special.

Blitz
02-24-2005, 03:05 PM
I bet Superman fights a giant spider in the third act.

:lol: *Goes to watch An Evening With Kevin Smith Again*

BlackDawn2024
02-26-2005, 05:41 AM
If you hate his directing so much why do you want him to go and film X-3?

What horrid script rumours have you heard? As far as I know Superman has left Earth for a while and then returns when Zod shows up, Kent comes back big battles and then he'll get it on with Miss Lane.

And if you hate the cast so much please by all means come up with a better one, I for one think Spacey and Law are perfect in there roles

It was sarcasm towards Singer directing X3.

But the idea itself is flawed. Yeah, we'll go from continuity with Superman II. This is the same Superman, but he's younger than Christopher Reeve is. :wtf:

Fox
02-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Gotta agree with that statement.

If this is supposedly Superman V, then how the fuck does he disappear for a few years and come back looking 10 years younger, and Lois Lane much hotter and younger as well. Stupid casting, in my opinion.

If they're doing it with younger actors, don't try and pick up where Superman IV left off. Start all over again, and we'll leave Superman I and II as Christopher Reeve's legendary trademarks in the business... and we'll forget III and IV ever happened, because they sucked ass.

Somewhate off topic, has anyone read the Superman/Doomsday saga. Superman fights this incredibly strong monster named Doomsday, they both die, Superman is buried and then new super heroes start popping up out of nowhere: Supergirl, The Man of Steel, the Last Son of Krypton, Mechanical Superman, and Superboy. Then the real Superman comes back, kills the Last Son of Krypton and Mechanical Superman, and lives happily ever after with Lois Lane.

I thought it would make a great movie, although Supergirl and Superboy should be cut out in the film version.

Gouda
02-26-2005, 01:10 PM
He didn't kill The Eradicator (Last Son of Krypton).

But if they did do that movie they could get Shaq to play Steel again! :shifty:

Seriously though, I don't know why they just don't do direct from comic adaptations for super hero movies. I mean, some of the stories are great and would look awesome on the screen.

Kalyx triaD
03-01-2005, 03:25 PM
The GoldenEye chick will not be in Superman, she turned down the role to continue on to X3. Shawn Ashmore as also turned down what would've been his second appearance in a Superman project (he was Superboy in Smallville). Filiming starts in two weeks and there's talk of Tom Welling being cast as Superman in the last second. That would be very stupid, as it would spit on continuity. Tom in 5 years, yeah. Now, no. Let's give this new guy a chance shall we. The same chance we gave Hugh Jackman.

Kalyx triaD
03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Somewhate off topic, has anyone read the Superman/Doomsday saga. Superman fights this incredibly strong monster named Doomsday, they both die, Superman is buried and then new super heroes start popping up out of nowhere: Supergirl, The Man of Steel, the Last Son of Krypton, Mechanical Superman, and Superboy. Then the real Superman comes back, kills the Last Son of Krypton and Mechanical Superman, and lives happily ever after with Lois Lane.

I thought it would make a great movie, although Supergirl and Superboy should be cut out in the film version.

Doomsday didn't die, he was thrown into space. And that would make for a long movie, the story line would best be told through a trilogy; which is all the rage these days.

Dave Youell
03-09-2005, 07:04 AM
I don't think this Superman V will be the follow on from 2, it's possible that Zod just floated back to earth after 4 right?

Boondock Saint
03-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Can we update this to have the correct cast?

Bad Guy
03-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Current Cast (i guess)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0348150/

BlackDawn2024
03-10-2005, 04:37 PM
You can add Marlon Brando to be playing Jor-El? How? Well, that genius Bryan Singer( :roll: ) is using footage that Richard Donner didn't use for "Superman: The Movie" and using that for Jor-El. :nono:

Source: Super-Hero Hype and Latino Review are both reporting it.

Jesus, Singer can't do anything original, so he feels the need to rip off Donner. First he presents this dumb, stupid idea of using continuity from "Superman II" and saying this is the Superman that Christopher Reeves(R.I.P.) played, yet he's younger.

Kate Bosworth is a good actress, but she's NOT Lois Lane. Kevin Spacey is a terrific actor, but he's NOT Lex Luthor. I don't know about Brandon Routh's acting abilites, but he does NOT look like Superman at all.

Another thing, don't expect the costume to show up very much. And when it does, it will be drastically different. For those of you who are unaware, Singer falls into that category of finding costumes "silly", which is why the costumes in X-Men are so drab and boring.

The same thing happened to Captain America(1992) and The Punisher(1989). Mark Goldblatt was saying, "This is the comic book come to life!". And when asked why he had no skull, he replied "It's too comic-booky". :wtf:

And the guy who directed Captain America(blanking on his name) said that he always thought the costume looked "silly".

No, Captain America and The Punisher are in no way related to Superman(different companies even), but I know what's going to happen. Singer will have him out of the costume as much as possible. And when he is in costume, it will look drastically different.

Dave Youell
03-11-2005, 03:08 AM
Kevin Spacey is a terrific actor, but he's NOT Lex Luthor.
I swear you will eat your words, Spacey can do it and do it well, I know he can.

BlackDawn2024
03-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I swear you will eat your words, Spacey can do it and do it well, I know he can.

Maybe he can. But even if he does make me eat my words, it still doesn't matter that Singer's idea for this movie is flawed. Spacey is, while not ancient, a helluva lot older than Routh. It just doesn't fit.

Singer's such a douchebag, and I hope he loses every dime on this piece of shit.

Boondock Saint
03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
From DarkHorizons, the cast so far...

Parker Posey has joined the cast of Bryan Singer's Superman movie for Warner Bros. Pictures. Posey will play Kitty Koslowski, Lex Luthor's villainous henchwoman. Parker joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, Hugh Laurie as Perry White, James Marsden as Richard White and Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen. Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. Kal Penn will portray Stanford, Luthor's right-hand man..."

Innovator
03-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Taj from Van Wilder is Luthor's right hand man?

BTW, Spacey will do Luthor justice

CosaNostra
03-28-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry, but I just can't see Jude Law as General Zod.

Boondock Saint
03-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Jude Law is not in it.