PDA

View Full Version : Way to use Paul London

LK
02-09-2005, 05:06 PM
After watching several matches featuring Paul London and his work in the WWE, it is pretty obvious that he is a guy with great talent in the ring. So anyway I was just thinking of a way of a way to use him. This is post Wrestlemania 21. The Draft which will probably happen takes place or some kind of trade results in Shawn Michaels heading over ot Smackdown. Gives them a bit more star power and create some new feuds.

So the match is something like London vs Jindrak. London wins with a roll up or something like that but is then attacked by Reigns and Jindrak, who do the double team moves and a beatdown. All of a sudden, HBK's music hits and he makes the save. With Michaels being the guy who trained London then you have the teacher-student angle. They form a tag team who are successful and that culminates in a big tag title victory.

Later on down the line London begins to get frustrated. He seems to be doing all the work and taking the punishment but not getting the glory. For example he hits the SSP but instead of getting the pin, Michaels tags himself in and then hits the Sweet Chin Music. They drop the tag titles to someone, lets just say the Bashams.

So London challengs Michaels to a match at a Smackdown PPV. A match of respect, not a rival match. They have a quality, close match which Michaels wins. They shake hands after the match. But then Sweet Chin Music from London.

Afterwards in the next few months London cuts promos saying how the tag team was just about Michaels and not London. He says how Michaels was just using him to stay at the top. London also maybe even costs Michaels the WWE championship.

Eventually Michaels finally gets London one on one in a ladder match. At a big PPV Like Summerslam or Survivor Series for the US title which London has won. London wins cleanly and can brag about how he has surpassed his mentor and so on.

This makes London a made man and can also allow Michaels to feud with guys he has never faced.

Thoughts?

M. Banana
02-09-2005, 05:19 PM
That'd be great, Paul London is a great talent no doubt. But I can't see this happening any time soon. It's Paul London, he's a cruiserweight.. Cruiserweights don't get enough chances IMO..

Marcyo
02-09-2005, 05:59 PM
That would rule. Plus HBK would go out of RAW and get out of my damn tv as I dont get smackdown (i hate him so much). I WANT that storyline to happen.

John la Rock
02-09-2005, 06:10 PM
London is a great CRUISERWEIGHT. Sure he's awesome in the ring but I don't see why everone here thinks he has what it takes to main-event

foodstampchamp
02-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Awesome storyline idea. With London being one of my favorite wrestlers these days and HBK being my all-time favorite, I don't think I could resist ordering a ppv with this match on it. This storyline idea seems highly unlikely though, especially with rumors about a Garrison/Lance Cade - HBK feud.

I'd just like to see a solid cruiserweight feud featuring the champion at the time and Paul London. It would have been awesome if they had let Akio take the CW title off of Funaki (who will never be seen as a serious competitor) while they were in Japan.

We could have finally seen their awesome Velocity feud taken to an "A" show. They could have even built it up as a Mania match (With London picking up the win with the SSP of course)

Aussie Skier
02-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Would Michaels do the job?
Would the WWE want one of their most respected stars jobbed to a criserweight?
Does Paul London have the capacity to get really over (like Rey rey)?

Sounds like an interesting concept. I'm just concerned particuarly about the above 3 points.

M. Banana
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
It could happen.. but there's only one problem..

He's not a hoss.

Eunos
02-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Paul London is very underated.

I really hope he wins the Cruiserweight belt at Wm21.

Funky Fly
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
See in a perfect world, that could happen.

M. Banana
02-09-2005, 08:02 PM
But this isn't a perfect world... this is the WWE. Which is an acronym for..

What..
The Fuck..
Are we...
Thinking?

Fox
02-09-2005, 08:21 PM
....do you know what an acronym IS?

Innovator
02-10-2005, 12:03 AM
London has an immense amount of talent and can work a solid match, which means he's last in line for a push.

Also he has his own style, which isn't good in the WWE. If you don't have the OVW-based arsenal, then you're screwed.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2005, 04:56 AM
That's pretty much the idea I had for Garrison Cade. I honestly think it would work better for him, being he's a big guy.

I think London just needs time to work matches, and he'll be there. I really like the idea of him and Billy Kidman teaming again, though.

The Icon of Elisim
02-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd rather see him get over by wrestling. Give him the belt and let him get over by putting on show stealing matches every show.