PDA

View Full Version : The Top 5 Best Fued(s) in the last 20 years..

Johnny Vegas
02-09-2005, 09:39 PM
I just thought about all of the hot fueds that i have witnessed since watching wrestling..i have been watching it for about 15 years now..here are my top 5:

5th: Hogan v. Andre
Just the build-up of the match at Wrestlemania 3 and the fued afterwards made this fued one for the ages, seeing as both were two of the top stars in the industry

4th: Flair v. Steamboat
Two legends going at it. I would have to say was Flair and Steamboat's last good match.

3rd: Sting v. Hogan/nWo
What more do i have to say about this one? From Sting shooting down from the rafters, to the mind games toward Hogan, to the Starrcade match. This fued is one for WCW's history books.

2nd: Bret v. Shawn
On and off the camera, these two fueded for well over 2 years. Egos clashing and both great wrestlers. The controversy really put a bad taste in the mouths of wrestling fans. But truly an unforgotten fued.

1st: Rock v. Austin
Reminiscent of Andre v. Hogan, Flair v. Sting, etc. This fued is one that will stand in my mind as the greatest fued I PERSONALLY have witnessed. Great build-up, both were good on the mics, told good stories in the ring, and best of all, respected each other and the company and sacrificed. The match at WM XVII speaks for itself.

Honorable Mentions: Sting v. Flair, Undertaker v. Mankind, DDP v. Randy Savage, Goldberg v. nWo, Undertaker v. Kane..etc.

Alright, you guys now..

Loose Cannon
02-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Your list is almost the same as mine, just one little change and different orders

5) Flair/Steamboat

4)Bret/Owen

3) Hogan/Savage

2) Rock/Austin

1) Bret/HBK

McLegend
02-09-2005, 09:52 PM
5. Nation vs D-X
D-x's parody of the nation is one of the funniest moments ever.

4. Sting & Hogan
Probably some of the best buildup ever for their match at Starcade. However that match wasn't very good.

3. Austin & McMahon:
The feud that put WW a head of WCW

2. Bret & HBK
They are 2 favorite of all time, and now what I know about went on backstage between them it makes it even better.

1. Bret & Austin
This feud made Austin. They always put on great matches, and this feud led to the Bret Hart heel turn. Also when Austin hit Bret with the ringbell while Bret was giving Austin the sharpshooter is probably one of my favorite wrestling moments ever.

Zen v.W.o.
02-09-2005, 11:49 PM
5. The Rock vs Austin

4. Hogan vs Piper: These two in the 80's were what I wanted to see. Piper was his top rival, no question.

3. Bret vs Owen: Greatest family feud ever. Owen became credible and a star.

2. Bret vs Austin: This was my personal fave, but not the best I have seen in my time. It's close obviously. Made Austin.

1. Bret vs HBK: The trension between the two was off the charts. What made it great wasn't just that they are arguably the two best wrestlers of all time, and that they are so evenly matched, but that they hated each other.
It made it compelling as hell. And they didnt saturate this feud with tons of matches..so the anticipation to see them both go at it was always there.

PullMyFinger
02-09-2005, 11:57 PM
DX vs. Corporation/nation
Undertaker vs. Kane (even though it's been killed to death)
Austin vs. The Rock
Bret vs. HBK
Austin vs. McMahon

PerfectOne
02-10-2005, 01:08 AM
I was like 3 or 4 in 1985 (20 years ago), but I will do the best since I started watching wrestling (the very first Nitro was the first event I really watched throughout - I'd watched WWF RAW and WCW Saturday Night before that with my dad, but not really been that into it).

5) Mankind vs. Rock - This fued literally MADE both of these guys. Sure, Rock was champ before, but this fued helped cement his position in the main event. Mankind was not HUGE before this feud - he was a midcard jobber, then fueded with Rock and became a MEGA star. That, in my opinion, puts this in the top 5.

4) Chris Benoit vs. Boooker T - This wasn't so much a feud as a Best of Seven series. I forget the exact build-up, but for some reason these two were fighting a Best-of-Seven series for the then vacant Television Title in WCW. This was the beginning of Booker T's single's career, and the first of Benoit's push in WCW (after this, he would join the Horsemen). It was an incredible series, and the best thing was the number of moves both men "invented" during the course of this series. Benoit's flying headbutt and Rolling German Suplexes were first used in WCW in this match - as finishers! This was the birthplace of Booker T's Missile Dropkick, which he would use as a finisher (instead of the Harlem Hangover) for some time to come. Booker T ended up winning in the seventh match.

3) Ric Flair vs. Eric Bischoff (or Four Horsemen vs. NWO) - This stuff was hilarious. So after Bischoff "joined" the NWO, he professed his hatred of Ric Flair and there was a huge fued between the two "stables" - NWO vs. Flair, Anderson, Mongo, Malenko, and Benoit (for a short time, Jarrett was in this as well on Horsemen side). There are two series of quotes that sums up this feud:

Eric Bischoff: Flair, get the hell out of the ring! You're fired!

Ric Flair: You can't fire me! I'm already fired! Whoooo!

Eric Bischoff: I'm warning you...SECURITY!

Ric Flair: You can't fire me! I'm already fired! You can't fire me! I'm already fired! WHOOOOOOOOO! You can't fire me! I'm already fired! You can't fire me! I'm already fired! WHOOOOOOO! (He begins spasming and strutting at this point, repeating this over and over in the ring. The fans are going nuts, cause it's so...so...stupidly hilarious. It was a mark out moment).

The other quote:

Ric Flair: Now, Kevin Nash - you're a big guy. I don't know if I could take you. And Scott Hall, I don't know if I could face you. But 1,2,3-Syxx, whatever the hell your name is today Sean Waltman, I KNOW I can kick your ass! WHOOOOOOOOOO!

Syxx: Now...

Ric Flair: (cuts him off) WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Once again, the whole crowd is going nuts. And, as he said, Flair beats him in a match the following PPV.

2) Chris Jericho vs. the Cruiserweights of the WCW

I'm sorry, but this was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Chris Jericho was the best he's ever been at this point in his career (in terms of entertainment value - obvoiusly not as in the highlight of his career).

So Chris Jericho kept challenging wrestlers for their various gimmicks. He stole the masks of Rey Mysterio and Psychosis, and after beating Dean Malenko became the "Man of 1004 holds." He referred to Benoit as Mr. Roboto, and got Disco Inferno eliminated from cruiserweight wrestling by saying he was over the "weight limit"...and Jericho refused to be weighed! He eventually lost the belt, I forget to whom, but then he became the King of the Loopholes and refused to give it up. Perhaps this belongs more in "best gimmick," but he was fueding with the ENTIRE WCW CRUISERWEIGHT ROSTER, so it was funny.

1) Tazz vs. Sabu - Nuff said.

Sorry if 3/5 of these are WCW, but I used to watch WCW exlusively -- almost until they went under. I was a huge WCW mark, and was really upset when they announced it was dying. So most of the fueds I'm going to remember were WCW ones.

Aussie Skier
02-10-2005, 03:54 AM
IMO, the 5 best feuds of all time have been:

5. Ric Flair VS Ricky Steamboat

4. Bret Hart VS Owen Hart

3. Hogan VS Andre

2. Austin VS The Rock

1. Austin VS McMahon

SuperSlim
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
5. Hogan/Savage

4. Austin/AcMahon

3. Taker/mankind or Raven/Sandman- classic turnin a 11 year old into a heel

2. Bret/HBK or Dreamer/Raven

1. Bret/Austin

LK
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
No order:
Rock vs Mankind
Austin vs McMahon
Bret vs Austin
Bret vs HBK
Rock vs Austin

Innovator
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
5. Hogan/Savage
4. Raven/Dreamer
3. Bret/HBK
2. Raven/Sandman
1. Austin/Vince

John la Rock
02-10-2005, 05:41 PM
5. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels
- person I was routing for during this feud: Bret

4. Hollywood Hogan vs Sting
- person I was routing for during this feud: Sting

3. The Rock vs Triple H
person I was routing for during this feud- Rock

2. The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
-person I was routing for during this feud: Rock

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon
-person I was routing for during this feud: Austin

I-Hate-You
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
3. The Rock vs Triple H
Thank God someone mentioned it.

You get rep (as if you need it).

PullMyFinger
02-10-2005, 06:08 PM
5. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels
- person I was routing for during this feud: Bret

4. Hollywood Hogan vs Sting
- person I was routing for during this feud: Sting

3. The Rock vs Triple H

2. The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
-person I was routing for during this feud: Rock

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon
-person I was routing for during this feud: Austin
ROOTING.

#1-norm-fan
02-10-2005, 06:17 PM
5. Andy Kaufman vs. Jerry Lawler
4. Steiners vs. Terry Gordy and Steve Williams
3. Sting vs. Flair
2. Steamboat vs. Flair
1. Austin vs. McMahon

John la Rock
02-10-2005, 06:19 PM
ROOTING.

thanks professor :kiss:

Mister Sinister
02-10-2005, 07:52 PM
4) Chris Benoit vs. Boooker T - This wasn't so much a feud as a Best of Seven series. I forget the exact build-up, but for some reason these two were fighting a Best-of-Seven series for the then vacant Television Title in WCW. This was the beginning of Booker T's single's career, and the first of Benoit's push in WCW (after this, he would join the Horsemen). It was an incredible series, and the best thing was the number of moves both men "invented" during the course of this series. Benoit's flying headbutt and Rolling German Suplexes were first used in WCW in this match - as finishers! This was the birthplace of Booker T's Missile Dropkick, which he would use as a finisher (instead of the Harlem Hangover) for some time to come. Booker T ended up winning in the seventh match.

Thanks for mention one of my favorite fueds...Rep for you...however, A few of the things were off, and of course, I'll fill in the blanks for you...

Booker T was the Television Champion, he had been for quite awhile (3 Months) minus losing the Belt for 6 Days to Rick Martel, who he beat at Superbrawl and then defended and defeated Perry Saturn...Booker was getting wins left and right, until one night he faced Chris Benoit, The two battle back and forth and then Benoit got Booker T in the Crippler Crossface....The Bell Rung and Benoit beleived Booker T tapped out, however the time limit expired, They ended up facing each other the following week, and the week after, and like before they ended in a Time Limit draw....So JJ Dillion assigned a match at Spring Stampede, a TV Title match with No Time Limit...Booker T was going for the Sciccor Kick and Benoit pulled Mickey Jay in the way...Benoit then got Booker in the Crossface....Booker hand slapped the mat three times, but was trying to get to the ropes instead of tapping, Benoit wins, then the match is restarted when it explained what happened....Booker pins Benoit...

Benoit still thinks he can beat booker, then one night, on a Nitro on Tuesday...(It was then because of the NBA Playoffs) Fit Finlay takes on Booker for the TV Title....Booker is in control, then benoit walks down to the ring, Booker loses focus....staring at benoit, then turns around into a Tombstone Piledriver, a Upset and a New TV Champion in Fit Finlay...

So the next week, Benoit and Booker have a match, to see who faces Finlay for the belt, Benoit causes Booker T to tap out to the Crossface...So he moves on to Slamboree to face Finlay....Benoit is about to defeat Finlay when Booker comes down, and does what Benoit did when Booker lost to Finlay and it had the same results....Tombstone Piledriver...Finlay retains...

They then finally have a Best of 7 Series....Booker wins the first....Benoit takes the next 3...to take a 3-1 Lead....Booker, comes back, including a rare moment in the sixth match, where he became the first to get out of the Crossface...before picking up the win...

So the Thunder before Great American Bash, they have the final match....Benoit get's the win, after Bret Hart who was trying to recuit Benoit into the nWo, nails Booker with a chair and allows Benoit to pin Booker....Benoit doesn't want it like that, and tells the Referee to DQ him for the outside Interference....so Booker get's the win, however, Booker doesn't want to win like that....So they have a 8th match, in a winner takes all match at GAB....Booker finally get's the win and goes on to Pin Finlay for the TV Title

Mister Sinister
02-10-2005, 07:59 PM
2) Chris Jericho vs. the Cruiserweights of the WCW

I'm sorry, but this was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Chris Jericho was the best he's ever been at this point in his career (in terms of entertainment value - obvoiusly not as in the highlight of his career).

So Chris Jericho kept challenging wrestlers for their various gimmicks. He stole the masks of Rey Mysterio and Psychosis, and after beating Dean Malenko became the "Man of 1004 holds." He referred to Benoit as Mr. Roboto, and got Disco Inferno eliminated from cruiserweight wrestling by saying he was over the "weight limit"...and Jericho refused to be weighed! He eventually lost the belt, I forget to whom, but then he became the King of the Loopholes and refused to give it up. Perhaps this belongs more in "best gimmick," but he was fueding with the ENTIRE WCW CRUISERWEIGHT ROSTER, so it was funny.

Grr, I feel like a nerd now....

Alright, pretty accurate there, except for a few things....It was the masks of Mysterio and Juventud Guerrera, not Phycosic....Also, Benoit when Jericho was Champion, never faced him...The Mr. Roboto stuff didn't happen until there IC Title Fued in WWE...And he eventully lost the belt to Malenko, got it back....lost it to Mysterio, found a loophole, to get the belt back, the next night...then lost the belt to Juvi before finally moving out of the Cruiserweight Division and winning the TV Title two nights later (Since they had the PPV he lost to Juvi at...on a Saturday)

Heyman
02-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I've only been following the WWE since 98', and so my answer will probably have more bias as result (towards the more recent feuds). Anyways - here is what I think:

-Hogan/Andre

-Austin/Vince

-nWo / WCW

-Rock/Triple H

-Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels

Jaded-Dragon
02-11-2005, 01:50 AM
5. Bret vs. America
4. Austin vs McMahon
3. Bret vs. HBK
2. Sabu vs. Taz
1. WCW vs. nWo

BatistaBomb
02-12-2005, 11:32 AM
i grew up old school with the nwa so my favorite feud of all time is flair and the horsemen vs dusty rhodes

Pepsi Man
02-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Grr, I feel like a nerd now....

Alright, pretty accurate there, except for a few things....It was the masks of Mysterio and Juventud Guerrera, not Phycosic....Also, Benoit when Jericho was Champion, never faced him...The Mr. Roboto stuff didn't happen until there IC Title Fued in WWE...And he eventully lost the belt to Malenko, got it back....lost it to Mysterio, found a loophole, to get the belt back, the next night...then lost the belt to Juvi before finally moving out of the Cruiserweight Division and winning the TV Title two nights later (Since they had the PPV he lost to Juvi at...on a Saturday)
Actually, Jericho only got Juvi's mask, which pretty funny. One time, Jericho came out and "lost" the Cruiserweight Title to I believe Dean Malenko, but then he peeled the mask off, and it was Lenny Lane. :D

Rey's mask was taken by Kevin Nash and Lex Luger, I believe. I think Hall was supposed to wrestle this match, but Nash Luger replaced him. I could be off though.

Evil Vito
02-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Rey's mask was taken by Kevin Nash and Lex Luger, I believe. I think Hall was supposed to wrestle this match, but Nash Luger replaced him. I could be off though.

<font color=goldenrod>You are, it was supposed to be Nash and Luger vs. Konnan and Rey with Liz' hair/Rey's mask on the line, but Luger was hurt so Hall replaced him.

I remember being like :eek: when Rey actually unmasked.</font>

Pepsi Man
02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
<font color=goldenrod>You are, it was supposed to be Nash and Luger vs. Konnan and Rey with Liz' hair/Rey's mask on the line, but Luger was hurt so Hall replaced him.

I remember being like :eek: when Rey actually unmasked.</font>
That's right. Now I remember. Hall worked twice that night.