PDA

View Full Version : Tatanka/M.O.M heel turns

Disturbed316
02-10-2005, 02:58 PM
So what was the storylines for Tatanka's and Men on a Mission's heel turns back in 94/95? Just watched IYH 1 & 2 and both were heels and cant remember why they turned :(

Loose Cannon
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Wait, until my column next week. I will have a whole story on the Tatanka one :mad:

No, basically Tatanka accused Luger of selling out to Dibiase's corporation. Luger denied it. They even had a poll and like more then half thought Luger had sold out. The WWE did a great job in setting up certain scenes in making it look like Luger sold out. There was a scene where Luger was shown going into Dibiase's dressing room for example.

Anyway, flash foward to Summerslam 94, Tatanka vs Luger. Dibiase comes out with a bag full of money. He shows Luger the money, Luger is telling him to go away. While this is happening, Tatanka roles him up from behind and gets the pin.

After the match, Dibiase gets in the ring and Luger goes after him. Tatanka comes from behind and attacks Luger. Dibiase and Tatanka hug and Tatanka takes the money. Fans are clearly shocked. Tatanka then stuffs money down Luger's throat.

One of the best swerves ever IMO.

With M.O.M, Mabel and Mo just turned on Oscar (there manager) one night because they kept losing and weren't getting anything done with him or something. Then I think Mabel would wind up turning on Mo later on. Not sure of that though.

Loose Cannon
02-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Tatanka went nowhere after that BTW.

Disturbed316
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
They got Swerved :cool:

KayfabeMan
02-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I liked the Tatanka turn too. It's one of his favorite moments as well.

It's a shame that things worked out like they did for Tatanka while he was in the WWF, as he definitely could have done a lot more for the company.

darkhorse
02-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Tatanka went nowhere after that BTW.
But it still was an awesome turn at the time.

Danny Electric
02-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Tatanka was my fav wrestler of the time. I agree that he could have done more for the company but he was so over as a face that the turn was so shocking.

Funky Fly
02-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Tatanka was the fucking man as a heel. I remember in a tag match (at a PPV, I think) Bam Bam Bgelow had gotten poked in the eye and stumbled blindly to the wrong corner to tag out. Tatanka is on the apron like "is thi retard for real" written all over his face, makes the "tag" and just as Bam Bam is about to get out of the ring, Tatanka nails him with a right hand.

DaveWadding
02-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I liked the Tatanka turn too. It's one of his favorite moments as well.

It's a shame that things worked out like they did for Tatanka while he was in the WWF, as he definitely could have done a lot more for the company.
BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No, but for real, I have my foam tomahawk around here somewhere...

Dave Youell
02-11-2005, 07:59 AM
I always remember him cos he was the shortest guy on the roster for ages and had a really really good undefeated streak considering he never touched a title. I remember when Ludwig Borga beat him with Yoko's help. I was legit angry then, Tatanka did a great job of selling that night, i felt so bad for him :sad:

If i recall his last feud was when he was trying to take out the undertaker but it never went anywhere, right?