PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sold on LeBron yet

BCWWF
02-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Before you attack me, hear me out. As a player, I completely respect him and think that he is without a doubt probably one of the top 5 players in the league right now. He almost averages a triple double a night as a 20 year old, you can't deny that he is so immensely talented. What I am not sold on is that he is exciting enough to have on national TV almost twice a week. For some reason the Cavs just bore me whenever I see them on TV, especially when they are playing at home. LeBron can make some amazing jams and some amazing shots, but he doesn't look as agile as a guy like Kobe, it seems like there isn't much action and then all of a sudden he puts down a big dunk. Kobe seems a lot quicker then LeBron. Then this isn't really LeBrons fault, but Gund Arena must be set up weird because they set the cameras at a really low angle which makes the game look all slow and annoying. When they show the game from a low angle, the court looks a lot smaller and everything just seems cluttered and delayed, I don't like it. I dunno, at least at this point in time I think that I would rather see the Suns, Kobe Bryant, or the Sonics instead of a weekly game of LeBron. Does anybody else agree, or do you like seeing the Cavs every week?

MoRcHeEbA
02-14-2005, 05:39 PM
if you were to put Kobe with with Cavs they wouldn't be nearly as good.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-14-2005, 07:00 PM
I think hes the real deal and I do enjoy watching him a lot. After all the debate between him and Melo he totally blew him out of the water IMO. They might close stat wise and all that but LeBron is much more marketable and exciting. LeBron is the man in my eyes, can you imagine getting all the hype he was getting and not being a bust? Dude was on Magazine as a sophomore in high school and still lived up to his expectations. Pretty crazy

BCWWF
02-14-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm not saying he's not good, I am saying that the Cavs are not fun to watch on ESPN every freakin weekend

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Well that's your problem. You seem to be in the minority aswell, LeBron is one of the most popular players in the NBA. He's a real exciting player to watch too. Only team I would want to see more of that I don't get to see a lot is the Suns. Other than that I am cool with the Cavs being on TV a lot.

John la Rock
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
LeBron reminds me so much of Vince Carter in his glory days.

Hopefully LeBron won't turn out the same

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-14-2005, 11:47 PM
He won't. Vince never made his teammates better. Even in his "glory" days. He's always been a "me" player. LeBron isn't like that, he's always dropping dimes and shit. Coming out of high school passing was his strength, and it continues to be.

BCWWF
02-14-2005, 11:55 PM
It always looks like he is standing around, he is the only one on his team who has any skill and it shows. I don't want to see it every week, I would much rather see the Suns.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-14-2005, 11:59 PM
He is not the only one on the team with any talent. Now you are just being ridiculous.

BCWWF
02-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Z is solid, I will give him that, and McInnis can do his thing, but without LeBron that team would be in the gutter.

Heyman
02-15-2005, 12:12 AM
LeBron is a VERY exciting player in my opinion, and seems to be level headed and personnable. I like the guy.

Having said that however, I also don't see him becoming the next "Jordan" or anything like that (atleast in terms of being able to "carry" a team).

BCWWF
02-15-2005, 12:36 AM
I just don't think he has the charisma that Jordan had, or Kobe or AI or Vince when they were the hottest things.

John la Rock
02-15-2005, 12:50 AM
he's also EXTREMELY marketable. Sprite, Nike, etc, etc, etc

BCWWF
02-15-2005, 01:04 AM
I don't think his personality has been extremely charismatic yet, he is marketable because he is an icon, but he doesn't come off as just the nice fun loving guy that he is made out to be.

DaveWadding
02-15-2005, 01:09 AM
I also don't see him becoming the next "Jordan" or anything like that (atleast in terms of being able to "carry" a team).
Jordan never really had to full on carry a team though either(at least not later in his career, when he was winning titles). He always had Pippen and other good role players to help shoulder the load.

John la Rock
02-15-2005, 01:21 AM
and Rodman :p

Heyman
02-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Jordan never really had to full on carry a team though either(at least not later in his career, when he was winning titles). He always had Pippen and other good role players to help shoulder the load.

That's true as well I guess. Still - I'm not convinced if LeBron James has "THAT" ability. Case in point(s):

-Kobe had a great supporting cast these past few years, but couldn't "carry" the team (ironically enough, the did won 3 straight championships when the Lakers built around Shaq).

-Garnett can't carry his team despite having a decent supporting cast

-Vince Carter couldn't do it.

-Grant Hill couldn't do it.

-Yao Ming can't do it.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here. In my view - only certain people have that "ability" to carry others.

In my opinion, a guy like MIKE BIBBY can do that. I guarantee that if the Sacramento Kings gave the ball of BIBBY more under pressure (in the playoffs) as opposed to Weber, they would have done better.

Tracy McGrady is another guy I'm high on. Hell - Allen Iverson is another guy who I think has "it". If someone could ever nurture and corral Iverson's talents and head, the guy would be unstoppable. IMO - Iverson would be better than Kobe Bryant.

DaveWadding
02-15-2005, 01:42 AM
That's true as well I guess. Still - I'm not convinced if LeBron James has "THAT" ability. Neither am I. Give Bron a few more seasons and we'll see where he ends up. Everyone seems to forget that this is only his 2nd year in the league.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Neither am I. Give Bron a few more seasons and we'll see where he ends up. Everyone seems to forget that this is only his 2nd year in the league.

Quite so. Also you can't really blame LeBron for the entire team being 'boring'. Plus let's face it BCWWF, you want him on the TWolves ;)

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Too bad Vince was only any good for like 3 years, then he turned into the biggest pussy in NBA history.

I haven't actually seen LeBron play yet, only see highlights so I can't judge.

House of Pancakes
02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
lebron sucks, go knicks.

BCWWF
02-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I think anybody would want LeBron on their team, he is arguably the best player in the league and he is only 20 years old. I just don't want to see the crappy Cavs play in shitty Gund Arena every goddamned weekend damnit! Go Suns!

DaveWadding
02-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I think anybody would want LeBron on their team, he is arguably the best player in the league and he is only 20 years old. I just don't want to see the crappy Cavs play in shitty Gund Arena every goddamned weekend damnit! Go Suns!
Stay off my bandwagon :kiss: :wave:

The Outlaw
02-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Z is solid, I will give him that, and McInnis can do his thing, but without LeBron that team would be in the gutter.
That doesn't mean much at all. Look at the Suns without Nash. Every good point guard makes his teammates better, that's a given.

BCWWF
02-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Thats completely beyond the point. The Suns are the most exciting team to watch, the Cavs are a complete one man show. He makes his teammates better, but that doesn't mean they are fun to watch.

Marion-Amare-Q-Joe > McInnis-Z-whoever the fuck else they have

The Outlaw
02-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Thats completely beyond the point. The Suns are the most exciting team to watch, the Cavs are a complete one man show. He makes his teammates better, but that doesn't mean they are fun to watch.

Marion-Amare-Z-Joe > McInnis-Z-whoever the fuck else they have
Yes, they are better. But, the point is, you said they would be in the gutter without Bron. The Suns were worse off than in the gutter without Nash.

I dunno, I like watching the Cavs myself. Not as much as the Suns, but they are a fun team to watch. How are they a one team show? Four of their five starters average 10+ PPG.

But yeah, word to the Suns comment. They are just crazy exciting.

BCWWF
02-20-2005, 06:07 PM
The Suns without Nash would be a lot better then the Cavs without Bron though, Marion, Amare, Q, and Joe Johnson are all great players who just couldn't put it together without a good PG. McInnis, Z, Tracktor Traylor, all those guys on the Cavs, they would be absolutely awful, probably right down there near the Hornets and Bobcats.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-20-2005, 06:24 PM
You get into discussions about the stupidest shit. LeBron is an exciting player either way you slice it. Exactly what the NBA needs right now. I'm sure he sells out every game he plays on the road. People want to see him play. I know you probably don't wanna watch him all the time on ABC but obviously people do so you are going to have to suck it up. What is ABC going to do? Show the Suns to make sure BCWWF is happy? Or show the Cavs to make sure the general public is happy?

The Outlaw
02-21-2005, 11:11 PM
The Suns without Nash would be a lot better then the Cavs without Bron though, Marion, Amare, Q, and Joe Johnson are all great players who just couldn't put it together without a good PG. McInnis, Z, Tracktor Traylor, all those guys on the Cavs, they would be absolutely awful, probably right down there near the Hornets and Bobcats.
Well, I guess we can't see if the Cavs are worse than...what...0-6?

BCWWF
02-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Wadding would be happy too Stima