PDA

View Full Version : WM21 to be Kurt Angle's Final Match?

I-Hate-You
02-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Wade Keller wrote this in his RAW recap:

More planting of seeds for the Angle-Michaels match at WM, which very well could be Angle's final WWE match.

I'm sad that this may be it, but I'm happy, because I don't want to see him injure himself permenantly.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-15-2005, 08:34 AM
that is sad, he one of the only ppl that can actually wrestle great, but he should retire and be just a manager or something because as you said, who wants to see Kurt Angle permenantaly injured?

Hired Hitman
02-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Angle would be great as an announcer... ... ... tazz is out of job :o

SuperSlim
02-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Well just as long as Angle still gets to do somethin... help train or somethin.

Jacko
02-15-2005, 09:20 AM
THAT's NOT FREKKIN cOOL.

Innovator
02-15-2005, 11:49 AM
This is Kurt Angle. If he wants to retire then it's probably time. He's won a gold medal with a broken freakin neck, wrestled a Wrestlemania Main Event with a broken freakin neck. He's the man.

McLegend
02-15-2005, 11:59 AM
If someone were to tell me that Kurt Angle is the best Wrestler ever I would have a tough time arguing that.

Angle probably should retire. :(

BigDaddyCool
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Angle is god.

Hardkore Kidd J
02-15-2005, 12:02 PM
It is sad. :( But, he should be a trainer or Announcer have him take the place of King.

inToxicated Tempest
02-15-2005, 12:17 PM
It is very sad. Kurt Angle is one of the all time greats. Without him Smackdown will be screwed. I really hope they keep him around. Thank you Kurt for all the great matches!

BCWWF
02-15-2005, 12:41 PM
It would be nice is Shawn Michaels decided to leave with him, he is just tarnishing what was a great career by staying around.

Kane Knight
02-15-2005, 12:59 PM
It would be nice is Shawn Michaels decided to leave with him, he is just tarnishing what was a great career by staying around.
You're as likely to see Undertaker walk away from wrestling while he can still walk. Sad thing is, Angle's got chronic issues and he's STILL better off than either of those guys. He's smart though, and knows when to step down. If WM 21 is his final match, I won't be sad: He's given us more than most wrestlers ever do, and I'd rather see him walk away before he is paralised or KILLED.

Kurt has put a lot into our entertainment, and I'd rather choose to honor that than to regret him leaving while he's still got his health. I just wish other wrestlers would take a hint, instead of destroying their careers.

Xero
02-15-2005, 01:15 PM
It's sad, but it's probably the best thing for him to do with all of his health issues. Angle has been one of the best wrestlers ever, and he's had a fairly short career, only spanning 6 or so years. I'm sure that the WWE will keep him around in some capacity. Maybe, like some have said, put him in the announcer's booth. Maybe eventually put him back as a GM/authority type figure later down the road too.

V
02-15-2005, 01:23 PM
i heard the same thing about his match at wmxix

Kane Knight
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
i heard the same thing about his match at wmxix
And if he DOESN'T retire this time, you'll hear it about his match at WMXXII

Tornado
02-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I'd hate to see it happen, but it's probably for the best. As long as he can still live an active life for the sake of his family, nothing else matters.

RGWhat316
02-15-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm a big fan of Angle's, so I would hate to see WM be Kurt's final match, but like others have said, it's probably best for him so he doesn't get permenantely injured. But I guess just like Austin, once you have neck surgery, your career probably will be limited, and it's been almost 2 years since Kurt had his. Plus Angle was only out for 5 months, unlike Austin who was out for almost a year. But if it is over, I would thank Kurt Angle for all he has done, and he will be missed in the ring. :wavesad:

I-Hate-You
02-15-2005, 05:05 PM
I just wonder how much Benoit has left since he had neck surgery. Of course, I'm not sure if his was as severe as Austin or Angle, who both had previously injured necks.

The Fugitive
02-15-2005, 06:56 PM
I'll like to see one more Angle vs Beniot match before he retires, so I hope this isn't true.

PullMyFinger
02-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Fire Teddy Long and put Kurt Angle as GM! At first he didn't fit the role at all, when I saw them...then as the weeks progressed..he was fitting in the role more and more..and was sad to see him replaced by Long.

Aussie Skier
02-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Angle is gonna wrestle on after WM21.

My guess is, he'll do a shawn michaels one day, and retire for a good few years, and then come back for one final hurrah.

Anywayz, the fact is, angle won't just retire IMO. IMO, the only way that Angle will leave wrestling is if he is ordered to stop.

TapOut
If in fact, it is his last match, he needs to win. At any rate, this match will be platinum.

The day Kurt Angle is a wrestler no more will be a sad day indeed.

John la Rock
Kurt Angle is the best talent they have, bar none. In the ring, on the mic, he can do it all.

As much as I hate to say this, he needs to retire. He has a baby girl at home who needs a father

Londoner
02-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Why is everyone saying they would 'hate' to see it be his final match? What better way to finish your career than a match against HBK at WM? I think it's sad that he has to retire due to this injury though, and hope he gets out of wrestling before he seriously injures himself. I don't think it would do much damage to SD!, people who say that are people who don't watch it anyway...

mike627
02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm glad we have had 6 years of Angle but, with his neck it's time.What better way to say good-bye than making HBK tap-out.

John la Rock
02-15-2005, 07:37 PM
knowing the WWE they'll probably have HBK go over

Londoner
02-15-2005, 07:48 PM
That's what i was thinking JLR, hopefully it'll be Angle though.

Kane Knight
02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Anywayz, the fact is, angle won't just retire IMO. IMO, the only way that Angle will leave wrestling is if he is ordered to stop.
If it's IYO, it's not a fact, retard.

Kane Knight
02-15-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm glad we have had 6 years of Angle but, with his neck it's time.What better way to say good-bye than making HBK tap-out.
If we're lucky, maybe he'll shoot on Shawn and snap his ankle. :shifty:

PorkSoda
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
There's talk on here about Angle being permantely injured. Is he injured right now or something? Does he have a bad leg or something? What do you mean by this?

Shaggy
02-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Well them im hoping that he goes out with a bang. This is probably gonna be the best match he has ever wrestled. Its sad to this be the end when he debuted really not that long ago.

Gone Mad
02-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Angle v. HBK = greatness. I will miss Kurt if this is true but then again, I don't blame him. As much as he loves the business, he has to know his limits and really deserves some time off. Who knows, maybe he'll return after and hopefully it will be HBK's last match when he returns.

Now HBK, I would like to see him retire before Angle. Angle still always entertains me.

John la Rock
02-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels is going to be the greatest match in the history of WWE

Corkscrewed
02-16-2005, 12:17 AM
I personally think he'll be back. He'll come back occassionally.

But even if he doesn't, I won't be crushed. He's given so much. I'd love to see him stay as a commish character or a manager or even announcer. Heck, screw Tazz out of a job.. replace Cole with him and have Angle go with Tazz. :)

John la Rock
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
nah Angle has to wrestle. He was horrible as GM