PDA

View Full Version : Three WCW Cage Matches

Xero
02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
I have a question on three WCW cage matches.

One, what was the match where Kevin Sullivan and Hogan (maybe others) were dressed in Hogan colors facing I believe the Macho Man's team. It was like a multi-tired cage maze-type match. What was the name of it and what was the object?

Two, with WWE's 'first ever' barbed wire cage match coming up, it reminded me of one WCW did. I believe Flair was in it facing Piper. I'm at least pretty sure that Piper was in it. Was that cage match basically the same as what they're going to do at No Way Out (barbed wire around the top) or was it different? I'm pretty damn sure I remember something like it.

Three, did WCW do the first Hell in a Cell-type match? I know they had a Hell in a Cell later, but did they do one before Badd Blood?

Loose Cannon
02-17-2005, 06:13 PM
1) Doomsday Cage Match. Was watching that the other day :lol: LOL at Flair taking the pin rather then anybody else on his team.

2) Got me here

3) War Games cage matches had a roof, so you could say they were Hell in the Cell. They did that Triple Decker Cage after Badd Blood

Xero
02-17-2005, 06:19 PM
3) War Games cage matches had a roof, so you could say they were Hell in the Cell. They did that Triple Decker Cage after Badd Blood
I could have sworn I've seen a clip of a Hell in a Cell-type cage without the other two layers. Goldberg was in it I believe.

Loose Cannon
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
I have that match on tape and I think it was only 1 Cell. You're probably right. I'll check later

KayfabeMan
02-17-2005, 06:46 PM
As far as the first question goes, like LC said, it was the Doomsday Cage Match.

It was Hogan and Savage against Kevin Sullivan, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, The Faces of Fear, Zeus, Jeep Swenson, Lex Luger, and I believe that that was it. They started out fighting, and then fought from cage to cage, trying to trample everyone on the way.

That's basically it. Two guys taking out a ton of other guys inside a triple tiered cage.

KayfabeMan
02-17-2005, 06:52 PM
WCW did do a few cage matches that had the tops on it as well.

There was one in Miami one time (I forget whether from the Miami Arena or AAA) that had Goldberg in it, if that's what you mean. It had Goldberg, Hogan and Sting, and I'm not 100% sure but I believe Sid, Rick Steiner and DDP. I don't remember if Sting was in the match itself, or if he just ran in.

It was a Monday Nitro, I believe September 1999.

Xero
02-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys. :y:

James Steele
02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
The barbwire cage match you are referring to would be Ric Flair v. Hulk Hogan for the world title at Uncensored. I am not sure what year.

Xero
02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
The barbwire cage match you are referring to would be Ric Flair v. Hulk Hogan for the world title at Uncensored. I am not sure what year.
That's got to be it! :y:

KayfabeMan
02-17-2005, 09:29 PM
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if he was sure it was Piper or not. That was at Uncensored I believe. Somewhere around 99, because 98 would have been too early.

KayfabeMan
02-17-2005, 09:30 PM
It cut my last sentence: and 2000 was in Miami.

Bo
02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Chaged heat was the WCW name for their cell.

SuperSlim
02-17-2005, 11:28 PM
yrah I remember it was Hoga vs. Flair in the barbwire cage match with teh barbwire laced around the top of the cage... with rubber tips on it.

Savio
02-18-2005, 12:04 AM
WOOOOO safety!

jnb3599
02-18-2005, 02:42 PM
WOOOOO safety!

the Hogan V. Flair match was from uncensored in 1999. It was as everyone said the cage with barbed wire on top and first blood match where if hogan won flair retires if flair wins he gets the belt plus is the wcw president permanetly. flair wins the match with a figure 4 i believe after arn anderson came down and attacked flairs son and whatever girl he had with him for cheering on hogan. Don't worry hogan jockers he had it back by july after he complained and savage had to lose it to him

Pegasus Crawford
02-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I recall WCW having a "Chamber of Horrors" match at a Halloween Havoc quite a few years ago. What exactly was it? O_O

Fox
02-18-2005, 11:05 PM
1 - Doomsday Cage

2 - Uncensored 1998, Ric Flair vs. Hollywood Hogan

3 - Caged Heat, Goldberg vs. Scott Steiner

Iceman90
02-21-2005, 06:31 AM
The Triple Cage Match stemmed from the movie Ready To Rumble.

Xero
02-21-2005, 08:47 AM
The Triple Cage Match stemmed from the movie Ready To Rumble.
Is that true? I always thought that it was a WCW match before the movie.

Disturbed316
02-21-2005, 09:21 AM
I recall WCW having a "Chamber of Horrors" match at a Halloween Havoc quite a few years ago. What exactly was it? O_O

lol this match was complete gimmicky. It was a match between two teams and to win you had to put one of your opponants in an electric chair and pull the switch.

Is that true? I always thought that it was a WCW match before the movie.

Nope, it came from the movie.

Mister Sinister
02-21-2005, 01:40 PM
1 - Doomsday Cage

2 - Uncensored 1998, Ric Flair vs. Hollywood Hogan

3 - Caged Heat, Goldberg vs. Scott Steiner

Actually, Uncensored 1998 was Hogan v. Savage in a Steel Cage, it was the following year, where Hogan and Flair were in a Barbed Wire Cage

Volchok
02-24-2005, 11:16 PM
yeah i have the Hogan/Flair cage match on tape.. i was watching it the other day...

SuperSlim
02-25-2005, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Disturbed316]lol this match was complete gimmicky. It was a match between two teams and to win you had to put one of your opponants in an electric chair and pull the switch.

QUOTE]

are you serious... that's what the chamber of horrors is? :rofl: