PDA

View Full Version : Barbed Wire Steel Cage

Stickman
02-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Is it just me or is this match not appealing? Maybe it's because it's the Big Show vs JBL, or the fact there's no real reason for this match to be inside a barbed wire cage.
But here's my biggest problem with the match. How the hell do you incorporate the barbwire? You can win by escape but it'd be pretty stupid for somebody to try to climb the cage and it certainly would not be realistic. There's always the stupid door escape rule but still. You can't exactly throw you're opponent into the barbwire seeing how it's atop the cage. I suspect big show can probably reach it and maybe pull it down, but even then what can he do with it? These guys aren't cruiserweights so it's not like somebody is climbing the cage to dive off it. Can somebody please explain to me the purpose of this gimmack match?

Azriel
02-18-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't think there's meant to be any escaping. It's going to be used to prevent interference

James Steele
02-18-2005, 02:04 PM
I think they are just using it for 2 things:

1) Make a "badass match" that people will pay to see
and
2) Hype up the "No Way Out" idea for Big Show v. JBL

Funky Fly
02-18-2005, 03:18 PM
They are trying to make it look like they are finally going to have JBL lose, but the Cabinet is going to parachute in and interfere.

Enjay
02-18-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree, Paul Heyman came up with a pretty useless idea this time.

Volchok
02-18-2005, 03:48 PM
the match in itself is a pretty cool idea.. but the people in the match is what kills it...

Funky Fly
02-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree, Paul Heyman came up with a pretty useless idea this time.
Heyman isn't on the writing team. :wtf:

Savio
02-18-2005, 03:56 PM
He came up with it before he left.

Stickman
02-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Wasn't there a barbwire cage match in WCW?

James Steele
02-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Yes, Ric Flair v. Hulk Hogan at Uncensored 99.

---> http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=26696 <---

HeartBreakMan2k
02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
The point is to give JBL a credible win. If he can beat the Big Show in a match where he has no way to win but rely on himself, then he looks stronger heading into Mania against Cena.

Corkscrewed
02-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Can you just imagine Big Show trying to climb the cage? That's liable to bring the whole structure down!!! :D :D :D

Normal Is Me
02-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Heyman came up with the idea for a barbed wire match. That would be good considering they would actually be wrestling in barbed wire. Heyman did not come up with a barbed wire cage match, where the most action we will probally see is Danny Basham pricking his finger on a barb wire before jumping down and selling it like death

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't have much interest in this match, but I think it could be good. I don't know why, but I can easily see JBL winning via escaping. I hope they don't do the finish where Big Show would throw JBL through the cage, and his feet hit the ground, so technically he wins.

I think a good finish would be for JBL to escape over the top. It makes him look like he really wants and deserves the WWE Championship, and it keeps Big Show looking strong as JBL didn't pin him.

Can you image a Barbed Wire Cage Match where the ONLY way to win is going over the top? That would be intense. To actually win the match, you have to put your body through automatic Hell, and then there's the opponent who wants to win as much as you that's going to do everything to make sure you can't catch them on the top of the cage. Maybe even have the whole cage coated in barbed wire to add tot he feel of going through all that necissay pain to win the match.

Hardkore Kidd J
02-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Can you just imagine Big Show trying to climb the cage? That's liable to bring the whole structure down!!! :D :D :D
:lol: You just made me picture that.

The CyNick
02-19-2005, 12:55 PM
The point of the match is to keep The Cabinet out, and also to make it difficult for either guy (mostly JBL) to try to esacpe the cage. This forces him to actually go toe to toe with the monster. In theory if he is to win he has to beat him in the ring.

The barbed wire will get used when JBL tries to escape, but is held up by the wire, Show would then climb the rope and jam his head into the wire.

I could also see a 2x4 with wire incorporated somehow.

BTW this was Heyman's idea.

Fox
02-20-2005, 01:19 PM
If I remember correctly, at Uncensored with Flair vs. Hogan, the barb wire was unhitched from the top of the cage and used as a weapon. This is probably what will happen tonight, as I can't see Show and JBL standing on the top rope, gouging each other's heads across the top of the cage. It'd be ridiculous, considering the fact that there would be no reason for either of them to be up there.

RP
02-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I think its gunna be a much better match then anticipated and could possibly put JBL over huge.

Kane Knight
02-20-2005, 01:27 PM
They are trying to make it look like they are finally going to have JBL lose, but the Cabinet is going to parachute in and interfere.
I'm expecting something between Sting and the Blue Blazer, myself.

Which is scary, with the WWE's safety record.

The idea is to take a lackluster match (that nobody with an IQ that doesn't start with a decimal point should find appealing) seem all the more impressive (Expanding the interest range to folks with single digit IQs). Too bad it's a shit gimmick, a shit match, and shit wrestlers.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
02-20-2005, 01:34 PM
If they don't lock the door, the match will lose any potential it had in the first minute.

Xero
02-20-2005, 02:08 PM
This is probably what will happen tonight, as I can't see Show and JBL standing on the top rope, gouging each other's heads across the top of the cage. It'd be ridiculous, considering the fact that there would be no reason for either of them to be up there.
Wouldn't the rope collapse under all that weight? (They're about 700-800 lbs. combined.)

I'm wondering how Batista will get into the cage, if he does at all. Maybe he'll hand Big Show wire cutters to cut the barbed wire?

Hey, there's an idea, have one of JBL's cabinet members hand him a pair of wire cutters to escape over or though the cage. :shifty:

mike627
02-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I wolud have BJL escape only to have Batista waiting for him on the outside.

Kane Knight
02-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't the rope collapse under all that weight? (They're about 700-800 lbs. combined.)
That's how they get out of the cage.

The two of them cause the ropes to snap, creating an action/reaction force strong enough to cause the ring to implode, destabilising the cage at the same time. As the cage falls, the barbed wire lands on Michael Cole, shredding him, but leaving 4-foot-tall Tazz unharmed. Hey, I can dream.

Next, because the cage has fallen outwards, it is now argued that there IS no outside of the cage to escape to, meaning the match can only end in pinfall. Sadly, that means the Ministry of Suck can do their thing...Ensure that big show takes it up the ass. Unfortunately for fans in attendance, this is all too literal, as the barbed-wire remains of Michael Cole are used as a bloody, jagged tool to sodomise the Big Show.

Stickman
02-25-2005, 08:21 PM
So how was the actual match? haven't heard much of it since sunday

Iceman90
02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
If they want to do a barbedwire cage, do it right and make the WHOLE CAGE barbed wire.

Corkscrewed
02-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Show chokeslamed JBL through the ring. JBL crawled out under the ring first before Show exited through the door. Both men were pretty bloody, but the description I read wasn't clear on whether or not the blading was "from the cage" or "from the barbed wire."

Stickman
02-26-2005, 12:42 PM
SO it sounds like nothing interesting happened with the barbwire.

Kane Knight
02-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Horribly disappointing.