PDA

View Full Version : Recent MLB Interviews (Bonds, Sosa)

BCWWF
02-23-2005, 06:31 PM
I haven't seen Sosa's yet, but it'll be on Sports Center in a bit.

As for Bonds, personally I was really impressed. I have never really seem him in an interview like that, and all I knew of him was from the media, that he was a dark, mean, grump. In the interview he came off as energetic and intelligent. He did some of the things that he always gets yelled at for, like bringing race into it, but the way he said it seemed completely legit to me. He simply said that being a black athlete is different then being a white athlete, but that he understands thats how it works and he lives with it. His comments about Conseco were just laughable, he told him off like an old WWF promo. He knows he is good and he doesn't try to hide it, but it didn't seem like he was arrogant. He came off as sincere and honest. I could be completely wrong, but my opinion on Bonds did change a little bit. I still don't know if he took steroids, most likely he did, but on a personal level I have gained some respect for him. Just his denial of Conseco, you have to like that.

Loose Cannon
02-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Huge Face turn from Bonds there.

BCWWF
02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
The media is still making him out to be bad, but really if you watch that interview, he does present a lot of charisma

The Icon of Elisim
02-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Didn't see the interview but if he wants to play the race card he should probably give Giambi a call and tell him to black it up

BCWWF
02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
He isn't playing the race card really, the way he said it last night wasn't complaining or making excuses, it was just putting it out there that his experience is different then Babe Ruths.

The Outlaw
02-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Didn't see the interview but if he wants to play the race card he should probably give Giambi a call and tell him to black it up
lol word

YOUR Hero
02-24-2005, 09:46 AM
That folks, was a hint of roid rage.

Loose Cannon
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
yea, Barry Bonds really needs to cut the race shit. I don't understand it at all. He says that black professional athletes have it harder. Okay, what time period are you living in Barry? This ain't the 1920's, this ain't the 1960's, it's 2005. How much do professional athletes make again? Yea, REAL TOUGH LIFE. It's like his dad told him stories of how hard it was when he was playing when Barry was a kid, and it probably was hard, and now he' thinks it's happening to him and shit. Go make another muli-million dollar endorsement and preach about how hard life is. Pathetic.

Adder
02-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Gained respect for Barry from the Bonds interview? Are you kidding me. It's more of the same garbage from him.

McDoogle
02-24-2005, 02:25 PM
yea, Barry Bonds really needs to cut the race shit. I don't understand it at all. He says that black professional athletes have it harder. Okay, what time period are you living in Barry? This ain't the 1920's, this ain't the 1960's, it's 2005. How much do professional athletes make again? Yea, REAL TOUGH LIFE. It's like his dad told him stories of how hard it was when he was playing when Barry was a kid, and it probably was hard, and now he' thinks it's happening to him and shit. Go make another muli-million dollar endorsement and preach about how hard life is. Pathetic.

Seriously, what the fuck does he have to complain about? He hits a goddamn ball, runs past a few bases and comes out with millions of dollars. I thought he was an idiot before the interview and yup, i still think he's an idiot after the interview.

BCWWF
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
You're going to have to change your name. My last name is McDougall, and I own rights to any Dougall/Doogle name.

RP
02-24-2005, 05:46 PM
He could have just said " No i've never taken steroids " but instead it seemed like he was trying to justify it or something. He sounds like he's getting cornered now and he has no where to go. I bet soon he'll fess up.

BCWWF
02-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't think he overplayed it at all.