PDA

View Full Version : The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Shaggy
02-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Just saw that there is finally a release date for the film....err...should I say DVD since its straight to video. July 19th

Some of the Cast include.....

Edward Furlong is The Crow

and in a weird twist.....

David Boreanaz of Angel fame will play the villain in this movie

Also there is....

Dennis Hopper
Macy Gray
and even Tito Ortiz

A weird Cast but many people have said its pretty good and hopefully will bring The Crow franchise back to life.

Plot Outline:
When Jimmy and his half Native American girlfriend Lily are murdered by a rampaging satanic cult led by Luc Crash and his demonic bride, he is traumatised to find himself reincarnated as 'The Crow', an immortal being of Native American folk law and the 'killer of killers'. With revenge burning in his broken heart, and whilst he tries to come to terms with his new dark powers, Jimmy comes to realise what he can do, and what he must do - as he confronts the onslaught of gang members Famine, Pestilence, War and Death in this epic action battle of good and extreme evil.There is no rest without vengeance.

and something funny I read when looking up some stuff....Crash (Boreanaz) is actually trying to become a demon or something in this film....how ironic for the guy who played a demon in most of his career is not playing a guy who wants to be one.

Boondock Saint
02-24-2005, 12:20 AM
lol, Edward Furlong.

The original is great, all of the sequels so far and the TV show have blown to high heaven. Put this to rest, or bring back Alex Proyas.

However, it does have Danny Trejo :love:

Mister Sinister
02-24-2005, 12:31 AM
They should of never made City Of Angels and everything past that.

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 01:00 AM
This one's actually based on one of the comic arcs, isn't it?

It's not exact, but sweet Jesus, it took them long enough to do so. Two sequels and a TV show...

Shaggy
02-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Even though The Crow Sequels were really bad I have still watched them because I guess I enjoy the whole Crow thing. Everytime one of the movies is on I just have to watch it cause its just a habbit. I will probably have to get this movie also.

Lara Emily
02-24-2005, 02:01 AM
I liked Salvation, City of Angels was bad mind you. Haven't heard gret things about this one actually.

Danny Electric
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
This one's actually based on one of the comic arcs, isn't it?

It's not exact, but sweet Jesus, it took them long enough to do so. Two sequels and a TV show...

KK is right, It is based on one of the comic arcs.
This move had been planned for ages and been in production for ages. I havn't heard great things about it but Edward Furlong as The Crow has always appealed to me, the drug addict has always been one of my favourote actors.
Also supposedly, there was more help on this movie from some of the writers of the graphic novel series.

Disturbed316
02-24-2005, 12:52 PM
I liked Salvation, City of Angels was bad mind you. Haven't heard gret things about this one actually.

Yeah, Salvation was pretty decent, I liked it a whole lot better than City of Angels. Will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 01:08 PM
City of Angels was shit, but Salvation was decent.

Most people hate it because it doesn't bring back Draven (and Brandon Lee)...

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 01:10 PM
KK is right, It is based on one of the comic arcs.
This move had been planned for ages and been in production for ages. I havn't heard great things about it but Edward Furlong as The Crow has always appealed to me, the drug addict has always been one of my favourote actors.
Also supposedly, there was more help on this movie from some of the writers of the graphic novel series.
It's that tie to the comics that appeals to me. The original movie was great because is was so entrenched within this mythos that had originally been constructed.

Some of the GN arcs fucking rocked. not all of them were great, but this one is a solid one, so I hope they manage to keep it entertaining.

Danny Electric
02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
They seem to have a decent enough cast to do that. It just depends on whether they capture the atmosphere of the series.

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
They seem to have a decent enough cast to do that. It just depends on whether they capture the atmosphere of the series.
Well, the cast isn't what worries me.