PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 22 will be held in...

KingofOldSchool
02-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Chicago, Illinois.

Credit: wrestlingobserver.com

An announcement will be made at a local media luncheon on Friday that Wrestlemania 22 will be coming from the All-State Arena in Chicago.

It will mark the third time Wrestlemania has played the arena. It was one of three locations for Wrestlemania II in 1986, which featured a Battle Royal using several members of the Chicago Bears football team. It was also the site of Wrestlemania XIII in 1997, featuring what was voted last year by wrestlers in an Observer Newsletter poll as the greatest match in Wrestlemania history, the Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart match.

I am so going. :cool:

Goulet
02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Why are they putting Wrestlemania in these small arenas like Staples and All-State arena... they can pull in 68,000 in Toronto, they should be doing wrestlemania at big venues like the arena formely known as "Skydome" now the Roger's Center. Not saying bring it back to Toronto so soon, but pick a bigger building to host it in.

Mister Sinister
02-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I throught they were going to host it somewhere in Canada like Vancouver or Montreal

Eunos
02-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Boo!

bring it to England.

or Wales in this case at the millenium stadium in Cardiff

Xero
02-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Let's hope that it's not a shitty night. I mean, all the shit that's being pulled now, it's just going to look shittier and shittier...

:shifty:

Seriously, though, I don't know why WWE doesn't go with the bigger venues. WrestleMania is the biggest wrestling event all year. It always sells out fast (usually in 'record time'), and I'm sure they could pull off going to another stadium. I can see why they did WrestleMania XX at MSG, though, what with all the history there. Maybe they can try the Pontiac Silverdome for the next stadium. Maybe they can pull off a legit 90,000.

Fignuts
02-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I've driven there before, I can do it again.

Evolution
02-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Have it at the New Wembly in England.

Or the MEN (Manchester Evening News) Arena

Goulet
02-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Boo!

bring it to England.

or Wales in this case at the millenium stadium in Cardiff

I'm not saying I have a problem with Wrestlemania going overseas, but I don't think the WWE would ever do it, it's the biggest show of the year and the time change would screw everything up

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure how big that arena is, but Chicago is usually a hot crowd, so that is a plus.

I am still pulling for the WWE to put a PPV in Australia. I would fly to Perth oor Hobart for Summerslam. To be fair, Summerslam in Japan would be a great idea, too. :y:

the_rock's_#1_fan
02-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Detroit still has the pontiac silverdome, even if the Lions use a different stadium, I don't see why WM couldn't come back after the largest attendance ever for a WM event (III, IIRC)...I just wouldn't recommend Ford Field though, as I believe it has a lower capacity.

Loose Cannon
02-24-2005, 04:06 PM
LOL 93,000.

RGWhat316
02-24-2005, 04:35 PM
I figured they would be coming back to MI within the next few years anyways. I've never been to WrestleMania, but being in MI, I could go next year. Hell Yeah!

tucsonspeed6
02-24-2005, 06:07 PM
LOL...like they don't already show a couple dozen shows in the limited market of Canada already!

Ruien
02-24-2005, 09:25 PM
CHI TOWN O YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup I am so going to be going to that. Now this is a specail thread :)

Corkscrewed
02-25-2005, 01:07 AM
They're afraid they won't be able to sell out everything, based on recent house shows and sometimes, RAW and SD.

Aussie Skier
02-25-2005, 03:48 AM
I'm not sure how big that arena is, but Chicago is usually a hot crowd, so that is a plus.

I am still pulling for the WWE to put a PPV in Australia. I would fly to Perth oor Hobart for Summerslam. To be fair, Summerslam in Japan would be a great idea, too. :y:

lol

but if they had it in Australia in August...it'd b winter slam :D

Aussie Skier
02-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Smaller stadiums are better IMO.

the bigger they are, the less crowd involvment

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2005, 04:17 AM
lol

but if they had it in Australia in August...it'd b winter slam :D

That's true, but it would add to the environment I think. They can alk about how the Hemisphere barrier has ben shattered by the heated environment the WWE carries with it.

addy2hotty
02-25-2005, 08:24 AM
I think in 2/3 years time, I can see a PPV being held in England. They will always hold the record attendance for the old Wembley Stadium, and they KNOW they'll sell out.

The One
02-25-2005, 11:10 AM
If it is in Chi Town I will probably end up going since I have tons of friends and family there and I can make it seem like I am not flying halfway around the country to see a wrestling show :shifty:

Chavo Classic
02-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Have it at the New Wembly in England.

Or the MEN (Manchester Evening News) Arena

Or down the road in Moss Side. Let's see how the Masterpiece gets over down there!

Chavo Classic
02-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I think in 2/3 years time, I can see a PPV being held in England. They will always hold the record attendance for the old Wembley Stadium, and they KNOW they'll sell out.

I dunno. The last Smackdown tour over here didn't do too well for all the effort and publicity that was put in. I pretty much had a choice of seats in the MEN when it was filmed live because that didn't sell out either.

Innovator
02-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Huh, I heard they wanted to go somewhere in Canada, I guess they couldn't take a WM in "Bizarro Country"

McDoogle
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Weird, all i kept hearing is how they were goin to bring wrestlemania back to Canada. Shit i wonder why that plan got shit canned.