PDA

View Full Version : Paul London is excellent.

asphyXy
02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Paul London appreciation thread. Post about how awesome he is.

PullMyFinger
02-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Watching Smackdown! right now..and he just attacked Guerrero. I'm sure his feuds and cruiserweight feuds as a whole would be SPECTACULAR if they treated them right. Paul London, from what I saw right now, has me interested in this feud though.

Nonetheless, London is great.

Ruien
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hmmm i dunno i can't stand London. I think it is because i can't get over how he looks, but for soe odd reason I just can't seem to watch him and enjoy it. he just dosn't seem special to me though.

Bad Company
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Never really seen him in action. I change the chanel when he comes on :o

PullMyFinger
02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Hmmm i dunno i can't stand London. I think it is because i can't get over how he looks, but for soe odd reason I just can't seem to watch him and enjoy it. he just dosn't seem special to me though.
That's how I felt..and others pointed it out that Smackdown! doesn't know how to market its cruiserweight stars. That makes sense too, because I was excited about him during his feud with Kidman, but that fell flat.

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
This awesome.

Danny Electric
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
He's awesome.

Gouda
02-24-2005, 10:11 PM
He's awesome. His new coat and boot tassles are not.

The Show Off
02-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Paul London's new coat and boot tassles remind me a lot of what the Ultimate Warrior used to wear when he came to the WCW, or perhaps I'm mistaken.

However, I think London is a great talent, I've only seen one really good match with him in that when he faced Spanky in Ring of Honor, that was a pretty awesome match, although Spanky was the real talent in the ring. I'm glad to see that London is probably going to go one on one with Chavo at Wrestlemania XXI. As good as London is he's still only the thrid best cruiserweight on Smackdown! behind Chavo and Mystrerio.

mitch_h
02-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Yea London is fantastic. He actually managed to have a match where AJ Styles actually did a good job of selling... that match and his match with Bryan Danielson are both incredible. I loved the little feud he had with Akio on Velocity.

Danny Electric
02-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Those matches with Akio were some of the best I've seen in a long time, in my opinion.

Kane Knight
02-24-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't really care about his tassles or the fur coat...He rocks, and he doesn't look anywhere as stupid as the "Prince of Punk."

Hardkore Kidd J
02-24-2005, 11:37 PM
I have never seen any of his ROH stuff. I'm sure it would blow my mind. But from what I have seen in the words of E and C. Paul London reeks of Awesomeness.:yes: I really am hoping for him to face Chavo at Wm maybe even win the belt.:y:

Corkscrewed
02-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Wait, so they put his feud with Akio on Velocity??? Dammit! I've been waiting for that to happen on SD! I'm telling ya, that would draw ratings.

XL
02-25-2005, 01:02 AM
He is awesome
His coat is awesome
His tassles are ok

Chuck Jones posted a tribute video to London in the Wrestling Video thread

I suggest you check it out to see some of the most amazing moves pulled in, out and around a wrestling ring!!

Shooting Star Clothesline :drool:
Shooting Star Press froma ladder :drool:
Top rope ddt :drool:
Face plant move :drool:

Funky Fly
02-25-2005, 01:09 AM
WOW

His new look is like 1 part cruiserweight, 1 part Warrior, 1 part pimp.

Funky Fly
02-25-2005, 01:09 AM
But his new attitude is pretty hot too.

Innovator
02-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Paul London is the goods

Fox
02-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Paul London is great and all, but he'll never be able to showcase his true greatness until the cruiserweights are allowed to wrestle with no boundaries. WWE simply doesn't know what they have with the CW's.

I still cringe when I remember how badly they treated Spanky, possibly the best independent wrestler out there today.

Aussie Skier
02-25-2005, 02:29 AM
Paul London is good, nice guy too.

I have my doubts about whether he can get over tho...particuarly in the WWE.

However, the best thing I have EVER seen him do is when he got clotheslined by Snitsky at the rubmle...that was a genius bump!

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2005, 04:13 AM
Paul London is climbing the ranks in my book. The WWE had a chance with London/Kidman, London/Akio and the Crusierweight Open at No Way Out, but I really don't think there is a way of messing up Guerrero/London.

I'm really not sure how much technical wrestling skill Akio has, but I assume Chavo is probably a bit in front of him. Guerrero and London could put on a MOTY candidate a WrestleMania.

Kane Knight
02-25-2005, 09:28 AM
WOW

His new look is like 1 part cruiserweight, 1 part Warrior, 1 part pimp.
And he's out to make Chavo his ho.