PDA

View Full Version : So Wrestlemania Looks Like This So Far (now avec spoiler warning)

KayfabeMan
03-01-2005, 08:29 AM
According to the sites:

Triple H vs. Batista

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

Roddy's "Piper's Pit" - with special guest "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

Hal Of Fame Ceremony (with Hulk Hogan)

Chris Jericho's 6-man Ladder Match

KayfabeMan says :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Ravishing One
03-01-2005, 08:52 AM
TRO says :y:

SuperSlim
03-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Slim says it looks like it's shapin up to be decent now.

Eternalone79
03-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Not tryin to be funny but shouldn't there be a spoiler warning-as far as Hogan and SCSA? And the 6 man match?

Hardkore Kidd J
03-01-2005, 08:56 AM
According to the sites:

Triple H vs. Batista

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

Roddy's "Piper's Pit" - with special guest "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

Hal Of Fame Ceremony (with Hulk Hogan)

Chris Jericho's 6-man Ladder Match

KayfabeMan says :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's so bad about the card? Shawn Micheals vs. Kurt is a very good match and the 6 man ladder match that could also be a good match. And we're a month away from WM matches could get better.

KayfabeMan
03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm just not as easily amused as most other people are.

KayfabeMan
03-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Also, I left out the whole spoiler warning, cause like Funky said, I basically implied it in the post title. Sorry if I spoiled the plot(s) for anyone, and thanks for editing it :y:

Kane Knight
03-01-2005, 02:53 PM
LEt's see...

Triple H vs. Batista--HHH may suck ass in the ring, but I want to see this. Odds are good it'll be a total letdown, but I can't be too let down by a HHH match. He's in it already.

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena--*yawn* I like cena, but *yawn*

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle--Should be a damn fine match.

Roddy's "Piper's Pit" - with special guest "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. --Meh. Should be remotely interesting.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker --This looks like a Snoregasm. They're going to feed Taker to Randy, more than likely, but since Taker doesn't sell, it'll look like shit.

Hal Of Fame Ceremony (with Hulk Hogan) --*yawn*

Chris Jericho's 6-man Ladder Match--This one looks like it could either be AWESOME or HORRIBLE. Depends on who the other 5 are.

Kane Knight
03-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Also, I left out the whole spoiler warning, cause like Funky said, I basically implied it in the post title. Sorry if I spoiled the plot(s) for anyone, and thanks for editing it :y:
I thought it was common sense that "Looks like so far" would include spoilers.

Common sense is rare in the rasslin forum tho.

Shaggy
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
The Heavyweight Title matches are probably gonna be good because they usually suck all year round and wrestlemania is the only time they are usually good. But looking at the people who are in it....it will possibly suck.

Taker Vs Orton: even though the thought of the match is really good I just think it will suck. But hopefully it will be topped off with the Orton heel turn.

Angle Vs HBK; This will possibly be the best match on the card.

Hogan Put in Hall of Fame: I would be marking out like crazy if the wwe wouldnt of put Pete Rose in it before Hogan....damn vince.

Pipers Pit with Austin: I think it might of been good since the reason Piper left was for saying something bad about Vince...but god knows they wont have him say anything on tv.

Jericho 6 Man ladder match: "This will be one to remember"

Mister Sinister
03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I think the Six Man Ladder Match will be one to remember, it should be pretty clear that it's going to have Christian, Edge, Benoit, Jericho as four of the six..and of course, I think Matt Hardy will be another one, since when you think Ladders, you think of the Hardy Boyz when it comes to the WWE...

Part of me, thinks Shelton will be the other, then again, I want it to be Hurricane, but like that's even possible

Marcyo
03-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I want it to be Hurricane, but like that's even possible

:(

Shaggy
03-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I can say from my heart that after the announcement last night that Austin was returning for Pipers Pit actually made me mark out a little bit....and then when they said Hogan was in the hall of fame...I went crazy. I am anticipating this mania like crazy and I cant wait...

The only thing that can make this better is if in the upcoming weeks...Bret Hart and Ric Flair are announced as members in the hall of fame..then I will have to get that on ppv.

The CyNick
03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
The Ladder Match seems kinda dumb. I assume it will be for the IC title, or maybe for a World Title shot at Backlash.

Either way its obviously just thrown together so they do some huge bumps, but I would have been much happier seeing Benoit v Jericho.

McLegend
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah but Benoit and Jericho matches so far have been pretty subpar. So I think this will work out better.

The CyNick
03-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Nah it wont, trust me.

If you gave Benoit and Jericho 20 minutes, and the spotlight of being at Mania, I guarantee they would have an all time classic match.

I just wanted to see them, Rey/Eddie and Kurt/HBK try to one up each other to have the best match on the show. Now its just a two (well 4) horse race.

A good wrestling match in the ring, with very little in the way of gimmicks and weapons is always better than a match with a ton of plunder and no pychology. This is just a match so everyone can jump off Ladders and take huge bumps. Which is stupid given the level of the talent that will likely be int his match. Hey, I know, maybe someone can get neck surgery after the match, that would own!

McLegend
03-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Nah it wont, trust me.

If you gave Benoit and Jericho 20 minutes, and the spotlight of being at Mania, I guarantee they would have an all time classic match.

I just wanted to see them, Rey/Eddie and Kurt/HBK try to one up each other to have the best match on the show. Now its just a two (well 4) horse race.

A good wrestling match in the ring, with very little in the way of gimmicks and weapons is always better than a match with a ton of plunder and no pychology. This is just a match so everyone can jump off Ladders and take huge bumps. Which is stupid given the level of the talent that will likely be int his match. Hey, I know, maybe someone can get neck surgery after the match, that would own!
I agree I would rather see a good technical match, but Benoit and Jericho haven't really impressed me HAS OF LATE.

Also a crowd would probably get into a ladder match more then they would get into technical wrestling match. So theres no real problem with doing this.

Loose Cannon
03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Seen worse. It doesn't look bad at all on paper. I got pumped when Orton put the magazine down last night. This was my exact expression :yes:

Can't wait for that.

The Fitz
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I agree with legend in the aspect of a Ladder match would get the crowd going.

I was at X-8, and I was really hoping for a ladder match or cage match or something. Rock/Hogan was my only highlight....oh yeah and Mr. Perfect, although he was on Heat.

The CyNick
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah I understand they are doing it to get casual fans (and hardcore fans who love to see wrestlers crippled) a little more interested, but I think it hurst the quality fo the show, and just too risky given the guys that will likely be involved.

Is 20,000 extra buys worth having Benoit, Edge or Christian seriously hurt and out of action for months at a time?

I-Hate-You
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
So is Piper under contract again? Or is this Piper's Pit thing going to be a one night only thing?

James Steele
03-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By I-Hate-You
So is Piper under contract again? Or is this Piper's Pit thing going to be a one night only thing?

I seriously doubt it. Piper is most likely doing it for a one night gig, and it will better than I think any of us will expect. I am not holding it to a "classic moment", but you have two of the most charismatic and spontaneous wrestlers EVER and I smell something good.

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I seriously doubt it. Piper is most likely doing it for a one night gig, and it will better than I think any of us will expect. I am not holding it to a "classic moment", but you have two of the most charismatic and spontaneous wrestlers EVER and I smell something good.
Imagine if he took the live feed as a chance to shoot on Vince. :D

Naw. Seriously, I'm HOPING it'll be good, but I'm not expecting much.

Eunos
03-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Meh.. This Wrestlemania doesnt look as good as previous WM'S

Ah well the 6 man ladder should steal the show.

Chavo Classic
03-03-2005, 05:35 AM
i think I speak for all of us when I say, SIX MAN LADDER MATCH... *drools* YES YES YES SWEEEEEEET! :drool:

thank you

Pegasus Crawford
03-03-2005, 06:18 AM
At least it looks better than WM 11, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2005, 03:35 PM
i think I speak for all of us when I say, SIX MAN LADDER MATCH... *drools* YES YES YES SWEEEEEEET! :drool:

thank you

I have mixed thoughts about the Ladder Match.

I've always wanted to see a "Open Ladder Match" and this is pretty much what I had in mind, but if the guys they get in there aren't talented enough, then the match could very easily be a huge mess.

I'm going to trust the guys in the match, and trust the WWE on this one, and I think a show-stealer may be upon us.

tucsonspeed6
03-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Here's my take on it:

Chris Jericho's 6-man Ladder Match-- The 6 man ladder match will have the potential to be a 6 star match but will last all of 6 minutes, and I will be reminded of WMXX's cruiserweight match.....6.

HOF-- The guys who aren't named "Hogan" will be forced to lay down on the ground to make a living red carpet for the world's most famous asshole. Later, Hogan will say that the buyrate for the show came solely from the announcement that he was getting in the HOF. He will get a non-wrestling role on BOTH shows, and Batista, Orton, Flair, Cena, and everybody in the aforementioned ladder match will all go to heat to make room for more "Hulk STILL STILL rules" segments involving various midcarder heels shaking their fists at Hulkamania merchandise saying "Darn you Hulkster! You rule so much!"
(BTW, did I ever mention how Hulk Hogan broke my TV?...I was watching Raw one night, and when Hulk showed up, the TV just up and broke. Bastard.)

Orton/Taker -- Well SOMETHING had to replace the crapfest that was Lesner v. Goldberg. Even though it looks like Orton will return to legend killing, the return will stop DEAD IN ITS TRACKS when orton jobs to Taker in less than 5 minutes. The following smackdown will see taker sitting on his fat ass while Orton jobs to people remotely related to taker in some way or another...First to Paul Bearer, then to his wife, then to his hamster, etc.

Piper's pit -- Stone cold will come out, reenact 1997-2000, stun everyone, the marks will go crazy, and I'll become anemic with desire for something new.

Michaels/Angle -- Best match of the night. Won't be hyped up enough or will be shortened to make room for the HHH/ Batista match. Either way, if you were to ask the marks of the world what their favorite moment of the night was, only 2% will say this match, 12% will say seeing hogan and stone cold, and 86% will say seeing Christy Hemme come out in a bikini and squishing mashed potatos into her hair.

JBL/Cena -- Same JBL match, same JBL PPV, same JBL time. Maybe will see some more great television like when JBL talked to a inflatable dinosaur. "JOHN CENA LIKES PIZZA!"

HHH/Batista -- Expect a "zinger" at the end. This match reeks of desperately needing a zinger to keep people awake. (Remember HHH and Goldberg? How about HHH and Steiner? HHH and Nash? Either HHH will win, and I'll have to come back here and wade through a million posts that say the same thing "IM NEVR GONER WACH RESLN AGEN!!1!?" or Batista will win, and the WWE will write itself into a corner because there aren't any major heels left for Batista to fight other than HHH, and HHH will win the title back in a month and I'll have to wade through the same retarded posts anyway.

M-A-G
03-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Here's my take on it:

Chris Jericho's 6-man Ladder Match-- The 6 man ladder match will have the potential to be a 6 star match but will last all of 6 minutes, and I will be reminded of WMXX's cruiserweight match.....6.

HOF-- The guys who aren't named "Hogan" will be forced to lay down on the ground to make a living red carpet for the world's most famous asshole. Later, Hogan will say that the buyrate for the show came solely from the announcement that he was getting in the HOF. He will get a non-wrestling role on BOTH shows, and Batista, Orton, Flair, Cena, and everybody in the aforementioned ladder match will all go to heat to make room for more "Hulk STILL STILL rules" segments involving various midcarder heels shaking their fists at Hulkamania merchandise saying "Darn you Hulkster! You rule so much!"
(BTW, did I ever mention how Hulk Hogan broke my TV?...I was watching Raw one night, and when Hulk showed up, the TV just up and broke. Bastard.)

Orton/Taker -- Well SOMETHING had to replace the crapfest that was Lesner v. Goldberg. Even though it looks like Orton will return to legend killing, the return will stop DEAD IN ITS TRACKS when orton jobs to Taker in less than 5 minutes. The following smackdown will see taker sitting on his fat ass while Orton jobs to people remotely related to taker in some way or another...First to Paul Bearer, then to his wife, then to his hamster, etc.

Piper's pit -- Stone cold will come out, reenact 1997-2000, stun everyone, the marks will go crazy, and I'll become anemic with desire for something new.

Michaels/Angle -- Best match of the night. Won't be hyped up enough or will be shortened to make room for the HHH/ Batista match. Either way, if you were to ask the marks of the world what their favorite moment of the night was, only 2% will say this match, 12% will say seeing hogan and stone cold, and 86% will say seeing Christy Hemme come out in a bikini and squishing mashed potatos into her hair.

JBL/Cena -- Same JBL match, same JBL PPV, same JBL time. Maybe will see some more great television like when JBL talked to a inflatable dinosaur. "JOHN CENA LIKES PIZZA!"

HHH/Batista -- Expect a "zinger" at the end. This match reeks of desperately needing a zinger to keep people awake. (Remember HHH and Goldberg? How about HHH and Steiner? HHH and Nash? Either HHH will win, and I'll have to come back here and wade through a million posts that say the same thing "IM NEVR GONER WACH RESLN AGEN!!1!?" or Batista will win, and the WWE will write itself into a corner because there aren't any major heels left for Batista to fight other than HHH, and HHH will win the title back in a month and I'll have to wade through the same retarded posts anyway.

Best....post....ever.

James Steele
03-05-2005, 02:12 PM
*bows down before the mighty alter of TS6*