PDA

View Full Version : Shelton Benjamin the Rocky Maivia of today?

PullMyFinger
03-01-2005, 11:32 PM
From the way I see it...Shelton Benjamin is talented...but he's such a super babyface that it's sickening. I'm surprised the fans haven't started boo-ing like crazy yet. I'd love to see him go Maivia style and just turn heel...b/c as of right now...he's so plain and boring as a face with the IC title.

The Naitch
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
we'll see.

John la Rock
03-01-2005, 11:50 PM
He doesn't have The Rock's promo skills so he won't be able to become a STAR

KingofOldSchool
03-01-2005, 11:51 PM
But remember, The Rock didn't have his promo skills until later on after he turned heel. And even then it took a little bit after that for him to perfect it.

Kane Knight
03-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah, because the Rock was born able to cut a promo like he could in latter days.,

The Naitch
03-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah, because the Rock was born able to cut a promo like he could in latter days.,

he smelled what The Womb was cooking

John la Rock
03-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Shelton might get better with time but he won't be a Rock or Jericho on the mic I can guarantee that

Shaggy
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
There is something about his voice that bothers me....everytime I hear his voice its just something bad. Makes me happy he doesnt talk on the mic.

I think they should turn him heel just because we need something new. God knows we are only gonna see him and Snitsky forever if something doesnt happen soon.

PullMyFinger
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Shelton might get better with time but he won't be a Rock or Jericho on the mic I can guarantee that
Oh yeah...definitely...I'm not saying that. He can still be a great superstar if utilized like the Rocks...because the similarities right now is crazy I think. Both were IC champs that were shoved down our throats it seems. Both were super babyfaces. I don't know...

However, I'll say this...like KaneKnight and others said...I highly doubt people thought that the Rock would be the star that he is today as Rocky Maivia.

PullMyFinger
03-01-2005, 11:59 PM
There is something about his voice that bothers me....everytime I hear his voice its just something bad. Makes me happy he doesnt talk on the mic.

I think they should turn him heel just because we need something new. God knows we are only gonna see him and Snitsky forever if something doesnt happen soon.
I know...sounds like a chicken...too thick or something. hahaha, if that makes any sense

PullMyFinger
03-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Benjamin sucks! chants should occur on Raw from now on...or...Die Shelton Die hahaha

Funky Fly
03-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Benjamin is not quite like the Rock. Benjamin can wrestle circles around the majority of both rosters, whereas Rock coud not.

I don't see Shelton being a particularly strong mic worker, whereas the Rock became a fantastic mic worker.

People booed Rock when he won the IC title. Shelton seems to get some good pops.

And as for super babyface, I like how he will sometimes get cocky, and the disqualification last week was pretty cool.

Then again, I :heart: Shelton.

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 12:41 AM
he smelled what The Womb was cooking
Who in the Blue Hell are you? Tell the rock this: Why did you just slap the Rock? The Rock has half a mind to take that there placenta...Shine it up reeeeeeeeeal nice...Turn that sumbitch sideways...And stick it STRAIGHT UP...YOUR CANDY ASSSS!

If ya smellllalalala...Oop. Nap time.

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Ah. You can tell the future.

Brilliant. While you're making guarantees, guarantee me some lottery numbers, bitch.

He probably won't, but guarantees like this are empty and worthless.

Funky Fly
03-02-2005, 12:43 AM

Brilliant. While you're making guarantees, guarantee me some lottery numbers, bitch.

I guarantee you, you will have a sandwich in the next 15 minutes.

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm out of bread. :(

John la Rock
03-02-2005, 01:03 AM

You will die in 7 days :shifty:

Funky Fly
03-02-2005, 04:00 AM
I'm out of bread. :(
Not that kind of sandwich. :naughty:

PullMyFinger
03-02-2005, 12:30 PM

I can guarentee you this...when you're driving next time...you'll stop at a red light. :shifty:

Gertner
03-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm tired of benjamin already. give the title to hassan.

Chavo Classic
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I can see your point. He doesn't do a lot other than smile and shuffle down to the ring to make him a likeable face. I'm sure that he won't get quite the same treatment as the Rock who was told 'he couldn't smile enough' but people are gonna go off him soon unless something is done.

Johnny Vegas
03-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Yea, he just needs to go ahead and go heel when the bookers BLANTANTLY hear boos from the crowd. He should keep that "no tolerance" gimmick and just start loosing it durning matches. WWE needs to quit fuckin around and give the shit back to Christian

BlackDawn2024
03-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I love Shelton. Sure, he's a super-super-duper babyface, but I actually enjoy that. I :heart: rooting for him each week.

Marcyo
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM
I like Shelton since that DQ last week. Way to get him over, at least he's not a loveable little guy who plays with the rules :y:

Loose Cannon
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
yea, the thing with Rock is really interesting. He Comes in and he looks like he won't last 5 months. Green as fuck, terrible charisma and ok in the ring. It seemed like failure written all over.

Then someone in the office woke up.

Out goes "Rocky Maivia" and in comes "The Rock" Just look at the name. It screams personality.

Out goes that gay ass curly hair and in comes the short bad ass haircut.

Out goes that stupid blue ring attire he entered with and in comes the watches, the sunglasses, the jackets.

And finally out went the loveable happy go lucky guy and in comes the asshole attitude.

From a marketing stanpoint, you couldn't do any better with the presentation. They took a product that wasn't selling at all and repositioned completely and it took off. They gave him catch phrases, told him to do the eye-brow thing, let him take over a stable and kick out the leader. They booked him Mega strong and the fans ate it up.

Now, I'm not going to say that the WWE can do this with anybody, cause it ain't happening. The Rock played his "character" 2nd to none. But, fans will get behind guys, in a heel or babyface way, if you incorporate a lot of tools that define characters. You got to give your wrestlers a distinct personality and book them really strong to get something really going. Cena was a perfect example of this in 2002, but they dropped the ball a couple of times having him lose a lot of the time. Thankfully, he's still over as fuck.

With Benjamin, who knows, maybe he's got great charisma on the mic and can pull a "Rock" thing off. But it's the WWE that needs to get behind him and go all out on building him like that if it's going to work.

DaveWadding
03-03-2005, 12:50 PM
All Sheltie needs is pineapple head.

Loose Cannon
03-03-2005, 12:59 PM
By the way, who do I see becoming the next big heel/or babyface? It's hard to predict which one with him, but Muhammad Hassan is the guy. I even think he'll drop "Hassan" down the line. I see him becoming realy really big. And he'll due it without the character he has now.

Batsu
03-09-2005, 12:37 PM
No, that title belongs to Randy Orton.

His drop-it-to-HHH title reign, is gonna hurt him....

Marcyo
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
You will die in 7 days :shifty:

KK, you're gonna die tomorrow. :(

Jaton
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
I won't compare The Rock's early career with Shelton Benjamin just yet. Not until Shelton starts calling himself The Shell, goes off on tangents about his 600 dollar shirts, and joins Evolution only to upstage Triple H and kick him out. (one can hope?)

The Answer
03-09-2005, 12:55 PM

100 percent right

Kane Knight
03-09-2005, 03:13 PM
KK, you're gonna die tomorrow. :(
Ah well. It was a good run.

Fignuts
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree with Gertner and LC. Every monday night I can't wait for Hassan to come out and berate me and tell me what a racist pig I am. He has so much heat right now that they really need to capatalize on it. Hopefully they do something with him a t wrestlemania, rather than just stick him on heat with Val Venis.

Oh yeah, and Shelton Benjamin is okay I guess...

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Benjamin is awesome in the ring, and he's got some natural charisma about him. I'm sure he can learn on the mic.