PDA

View Full Version : The original finish to the Hassan/Benoit match from Raw. *Spoiler, duh*

KingofOldSchool
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
If you saw RAW on Monday, you may have noticed there was a slight problem with the finish in the Chris Benoit vs. Muhammad Hassan match. For the finish on TV, Benoit hit two German’s and went for the third but Hassan held onto the ropes and Benoit accidentally knocks the ref down. Daivari gives Hassan the ring bell. Benoit hit a third German suplex. Benoit then goes up top and hits the flying headbutt and hits the ring bell. Daivari gets the ring bell out of the ring. The ref recovers, but Benoit kicks out at two. Benoit comes back with a forearm to Hassan followed by a chop, then Hassan strikes back with a low kick and the ref calls for the bell.

Originally, Benoit was supposed to hit the bell and then Hassan would score the win over an unconscious Benoit. But since Hassan didn’t position the bell right, management thought Benoit would look weak to job after a botched spot like that, so they called an audible backstage and changed the finish to a low blow.

Management was really upset with having to change the finish like that. They wanted Hassan to look strong and undefeated going into WrestleMania 21. Word has it that Hogan may even face Hassan at ‘Mania. credit: rajahwwf.com

Well there goes Hassan's push. :-\

Corkscrewed
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
There goes Benoit having any good push for a while. They'll prolly blame him for messing up. :(

Altho it was a smart move to change it after the botch IMO, since that WOULD have hurt Benoit a lot.

Loose Cannon
03-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Why did'n't Hassan just pick up the bell and nail Benoit with it then? Don't they teach improve anymore?

TerranRich
03-02-2005, 03:17 PM
You mean improv, as in improvisation. Apparently the higher-ups have decided to control everything, lacking the confidence in their workers to fix things themselves. But from just the text quoted in the first post, I don't see any botch. I didn't watch the event, so I didn't see what happened. How was it botched?

Gouda
03-02-2005, 03:29 PM
The ringbell was nowhere near Bentoit's head.

I gotta give props to the WWE for changing it like that so as to not make Bentoit look weak. Hassan really dropped the ball there.

If they want to keep the strength on Hassan they'll have to do some angle where he visciously beats someone down into a bloody mess. Possibly Bentoit. Or you can go straight to Hogan.

Shaggy
03-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Wait did I just read the end of that correctly....Hassan might fight Hogan at the ppv?....They should just put him fighting Beniot and leave it there.

The Answer
03-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Hogan vs Hassan? That would work Hogan is after all a "Real American"

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Hogan vs Hassan? That would work Hogan is after all a "Real American"
Bleach blonde, drug abusing, and unable to do his job as effectively or efficiently as a Japanese man?

Corkscrewed
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Basically, yeah.

t-man
03-02-2005, 07:03 PM
So is Hogan actually going to appear....Or is it a rumour.

The CyNick
03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
He's confirmed, as he's being inducted to the HOF.

I think Hassan-Hogan would be really stupid at this point.

If someone is going to wrestle Hogan, it should either be legend (like Rock) or someone who is on the verge of becoming a top level superstar. Hassan is not even close to being close as of yet. Therefore a match, and especially a win would be pretty dumb.

I actually think it would be better for him to lose to HOgan if he were to wrestle him.

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 08:01 PM
He's confirmed, as he's being inducted to the HOF.

I think Hassan-Hogan would be really stupid at this point.

If someone is going to wrestle Hogan, it should either be legend (like Rock) or someone who is on the verge of becoming a top level superstar. Hassan is not even close to being close as of yet. Therefore a match, and especially a win would be pretty dumb.

I actually think it would be better for him to lose to HOgan if he were to wrestle him.
You know, I don't mind that idea. High-profile loss, maybe he'd get a little more attention. He lost to a "real american" so he's got plenty of fuel to bitch about for a while.

As long as it was a 1 shot or some such.

John la Rock
03-02-2005, 10:55 PM
rookie :nono:

James Steele
03-02-2005, 11:01 PM
:lol:

You know these things happen if you actually listen to J.R. (I know most quit listening years ago) but he is the master of the "he fucked up but I'll act like I screwed up in my analysis of the match" announce style.

Kane Knight
03-02-2005, 11:05 PM
:lol:

You know these things happen if you actually listen to J.R. (I know most quit listening years ago) but he is the master of the "he fucked up but I'll act like I screwed up in my analysis of the match" announce style.
It'd be easier to call it as it came, but I doubt he'll adapt to changes well.

I-Hate-You
03-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm just wondering how they changed it. Did the ref have an ear piece or something?

foodstampchamp
03-02-2005, 11:41 PM
At least Benoit didnt run and climb the ropes and go for it again ala Randy Orton.

Gone Mad
03-03-2005, 12:12 AM
It looks as if they changed it when the ref was down. The ref got on his ear mic that the ending should change to this, so he hints it to Hussan and Hussan just goes for the low blow.

Hogan v. Hussan... blah, btw.

Kane Knight
03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
At least Benoit didnt run and climb the ropes and go for it again ala Randy Orton.
Wonder if he thought he was on Smackdown! or something.

Drakul
03-03-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm just wondering how they changed it. Did the ref have an ear piece or something?
All refs have ear pieces.That way they get updates like that and told when a match is running over time etc.

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Pretty quick thinking backstage.

Hogan vs. Hassan would be pretty cool I think. Hassan has some heat behind him yet he isn't big enough to where being beaten by Hogan would ruin his career or anything so Hogan beating Hassan wouldn't really have any major ramifications long-term either way. So for that night at WrestleMania, it would be a great nostalgic "Real American" vs. "Anti-American" match.

Rammsteinmad
03-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Is the match available anywhere to download?