PDA

View Full Version : New WWE DVDs...

Xero
03-04-2005, 05:09 PM
- WWE is currently working on a new documentary style DVD about the Survivor Series incident from Montreal in 1997 involving Bret Hart. The DVD will be titled "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story."

- Other DVDs currently in the works: A 2-disc set on the Ultimate Warrior; A 2-disc set on The Road Warriors; A 2-disc set on WWE Legends; and a 2-disc set on ECW's "Greatest Matches." All of these DVDs are due out before the end of 2005.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=111979786

I guess Vince finally wants to cash in on the screwjob... If they do it like the ECW DVD, as in the 'whole' truth, it could work. If they EVER want Bret to work for them again, whether it be one appearance or otherwise, they better do it from his perspective.

Also, the other DVDs sound great for the most part.

McLegend
03-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior DVD 2 discs :wtf:

I hope they don't make Bret look bad on that DVD.

Best matches of ECW sounds great.

Marcyo
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM
WWE is currently working on a new documentary style DVD about the Survivor Series incident from Montreal in 1997 involving Bret Hart. The DVD will be titled "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story."

:yes: I'm buying it. I don't really care about the Ultimate Warrior thing however :o

DaveWadding
03-04-2005, 05:15 PM
they all sound massively hot.

Xero
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior DVD 2 discs :wtf:
6 hours of him just shaking the ropes and running around like a crazy man. Midway through, he takes a break to touch up his face paint. :shifty:

I wonder if his WrestleMania XII match will be on there... :shifty:

Jaton
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Best. Triple H. Match. Ever.

Pegasus Crawford
03-04-2005, 06:19 PM
It's amazing that they would actually have enough on The Warrior to warrant a 2-disc release. :-\

Zen v.W.o.
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I heard they were supposed to be collabortating or working on a best of Bret dvd. Bret has a much bigger legacy in the wrestling biz, especially from the wwe, then just the Montreal thing. What has happened to this? I want it badly. I'll still buy this, it's just that I dont want the wwe bashing Bret in it really and blaming him for what happened, so Vince can gain more cash.

btw, now who needs to get over it huh? Canadian fans? Or once again, the wwe?

Innovator
03-04-2005, 06:31 PM
LET. THE. SCREWJOB. DIE.

Loose Cannon
03-04-2005, 06:33 PM
The Four Horsemen DVD is suppossed to be coming out too.

WARRIOR DVD :drool:

Warrior Mark right here

McLegend
03-04-2005, 06:33 PM
LET. THE. SCREWJOB. DIE.

Actually I hope they don't let it die. It makes for more interesting TV when there up in Canada. I love to see HBK get booed. Also I enjoy hearing the You Screwed Bret chants.

With that said I would rather see a Best of Bret Hart DVD then a DVD on Montreal.

Loose Cannon
03-04-2005, 06:39 PM
With all these DVD's and 24/7, I gonna be screwed. There gonna have to make it a 64 hour day from now on

Shaggy
03-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Let me see here....

Might pick up the Warrior DVD just for the fact that he is the warrior....dont know how the hell they got enough footage for a 2 disc dvd but I guess they figured it out. It must have his sad WcW stuff on it also.

The Legends might be good depending on what they have on it.

Best of ECW is something that I will definently have to pick up.

The Road Warriors DVD is something that I might pick up if I find it somewhere cheap just because I was never really a big fan of them.

Definently get the Bret Hart DVD just for the fact that Im a huge Hitman mark.

And if there is that Horsemen DVD in the works then I will have to pick that up also because I was a huge fan of the Horsemen. One of the saddest yet funniest moments of all was when they through that soap bucket or whatever at Mongo McMichael and then that was it. You never saw or heard of him again untill he showed up at that baseball game like 400lbs.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Those DVDs sound alright. I'm only really interested in the ECW: Greatest Matches one, though. I hope they do a similair thing with WCW then.

SuperSlim
03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
all them sound good. the only weird one is the two disc Warrior one.

They must have his entire career on there to have enough footage for two DVDs

Hardkore Kidd J
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Those DVD'S sound good

But like some people said there should be a best of Bret Hart DVD,

SuperSlim
03-04-2005, 07:38 PM
there better be a best of Bret

Loose Cannon
03-04-2005, 07:52 PM
For the Warrior, they may use footage from his Dingo Warrior and Blade Runner days.

Trvia: Who was the other Blade Runner?

McLegend
03-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Trvia: Who was the other Blade Runner?

Sting

Loose Cannon
03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
CORRECT. :D

McLegend
03-04-2005, 07:59 PM
:cool:

Mike the Metal Ed
03-04-2005, 08:07 PM
I keep thinking LC anf legend are the same person.

ONE OF YOU CHANGE YOUR AVATAR. :mad:

Loose Cannon
03-04-2005, 08:09 PM
KPW 4 LIFE.

Yea, maybe I should change the background of mine.

McLegend
03-04-2005, 08:10 PM
DENIED

edit

Don't give in LC

PorkSoda
03-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Best of ECW :drool:

All the others look great; definitly will be picking them up. The Warrior is not going to be the best one out there, but to me, its worth getting. Today I went to school and instead of walking in the doors, I did a full running sprint into the doors and started shaking the lockers and stuff getting pumped up for class.

SuperSlim
03-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I'll get them when they are on sale

The CyNick
03-04-2005, 09:17 PM
It doesn't seem like there would be 2 discs worth of Warrior stuff, but hey whatever.

The Survivor Series thing is a joke. Meltz already covered my exact feelings in one of his updates by commenting on how the WWE always says Canada cant forget about it.

adamwwe
03-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Here's hoping that DVD will be, on some level at least, remorseful and apologetic towards Bret, and that my fellow Canadians can all get over it.

Or better yet, that the DVD is truly honest and goes in detail about probably the greatest work in professional wrestling history.

EDIT: And as cool as the Warrior was, wouldn't this set be like taking one of his matches and looping it over and over? This better have a lot of non-match segments.

srnrew
03-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see DVD sets on Savage, Piper(Including Piper Pit's moments), Best of Nitro, and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan(Especially his times with Monsoon),

PullMyFinger
03-04-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm excited for this Screwed DVD....I wonder how it's gonna compare to Wrestling With Shadows. Bret Hart will forever be my favorite wrestler.

KingofOldSchool
03-04-2005, 10:49 PM
4 Horseman DVD = Godly

BatistaBomb
03-04-2005, 11:14 PM
LET. THE. SCREWJOB. DIE.

THANK YOU

MVP
03-04-2005, 11:33 PM
KPW 4 LIFE.

Yea, maybe I should change the background of mine.
I'll re-upload the original avatar I had made.

MVP
03-04-2005, 11:36 PM
If you want the TRUE perspective on the Screwjob then find a copy of Bret Hart: Wrestling With Shadows. It shows real footage leading up to, and backstage after the screwjob. Much better than what will probably a WWE watered down DVD.

RemyRed
03-04-2005, 11:36 PM
They could have picked a better name for the Montreal DVD.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Actually I hope they don't let it die. It makes for more interesting TV when there up in Canada. I love to see HBK get booed. Also I enjoy hearing the You Screwed Bret chants.

With that said I would rather see a Best of Bret Hart DVD then a DVD on Montreal.
Yeah, it is kind of amusing to watch Shawn get booed, he's like the one guy on the roster who fans refuse to boo, and yet if they go to Canada he's booed out of the building for the first few mins.

PullMyFinger
03-05-2005, 12:16 AM
If you want the TRUE perspective on the Screwjob then find a copy of Bret Hart: Wrestling With Shadows. It shows real footage leading up to, and backstage after the screwjob. Much better than what will probably a WWE watered down DVD.
Word.

As for the people saying that the fans need to get over it....that won't happen because Shawn Michaels still acts like a baby about it. Ever since that has happened, he still talks trash about Bret. In the Jason Sensation promo, he said, "whos bret? some mid carder?" Even recently, with the Canada show, he was purposely flaunting himself all over the Canadians. It'll never die out as long as Shawn still acts like a baby about it.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Word.

As for the people saying that the fans need to get over it....that won't happen because Shawn Michaels still acts like a baby about it. Ever since that has happened, he still talks trash about Bret. In the Jason Sensation promo, he said, "whos bret? some mid carder?" Even recently, with the Canada show, he was purposely flaunting himself all over the Canadians. It'll never die out as long as Shawn still acts like a baby about it.
Yeah because Bret doesn't bring it up like every interview he does.

PullMyFinger
03-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah because Bret doesn't bring it up like every interview he does.
Safe to say, HBK fuels it more. After the screwjob match, the midget thing didn't help anyone.

John la Rock
03-05-2005, 02:25 AM
HBK will always be Canada's # 1 arch enemy

We hate his fucking guts

Xero
03-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Word.

Who says that Shawn wants to do it? The WWE more than likely encourages him to use it whenever he's in Canada.

PullMyFinger
03-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Who says that Shawn wants to do it? The WWE more than likely encourages him to use it whenever he's in Canada.
Yeah, that's true...we don't know about that. Whatever, I'm probably sounding biased because I was always a huge Bret Hart fan, and never a Michaels fan.

tucsonspeed6
03-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Whether or not he wants to talk about it, the fans always start the "You screwed Bret" chants first. I think it's become a situation where the WWE tells him, "Whenever they start the chants, play off of it instead of ignoring it.

But what bugs me is why the hell there's so much of a fuss over ONE screwjob. You don't see S. Carolina people chanting "You screwed Flair" whenever Bischoff shows his mug around there, do you?

RGWhat316
03-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Whether or not he wants to talk about it, the fans always start the "You screwed Bret" chants first. I think it's become a situation where the WWE tells him, "Whenever they start the chants, play off of it instead of ignoring it.

But what bugs me is why the hell there's so much of a fuss over ONE screwjob. You don't see S. Carolina people chanting "You screwed Flair" whenever Bischoff shows his mug around there, do you?

I agree with you here, that's why I don't understand why to this day we keep hearing the "You screwed Bret" chants. And it's not just HBK, that gets it, but Vince and Earl Hebner. Hebner is a ref, he doesn't flaunt it on the mic, yet he still gets the chants. I still think that this is still alive more than 7 YEARS LATER that its due to the fans. I heard a little while back that Bret Hart was on a list of their greatest Canadians. So in Canada, Bret is idolized, and it seems they will never forget.

Fox
03-06-2005, 01:37 PM
"Screwed" ? That's the best they could come up with?

A simple "the montreal controversy" or "the night that changed wrestling" would work.

If they want to use that word so much, it would work much better with some other ideas:

"Screwed: The Matt Hardy Story"

"Screwed: The Paul Heyman Story"

"Screwed: Benoit's World Title Run"

"Screwed: What I did to myself: By. Brock Lesnar"

The CyNick
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I agree with you here, that's why I don't understand why to this day we keep hearing the "You screwed Bret" chants. And it's not just HBK, that gets it, but Vince and Earl Hebner. Hebner is a ref, he doesn't flaunt it on the mic, yet he still gets the chants. I still think that this is still alive more than 7 YEARS LATER that its due to the fans. I heard a little while back that Bret Hart was on a list of their greatest Canadians. So in Canada, Bret is idolized, and it seems they will never forget.

You really should come to events in Canada before you talk. Whenever Earl comes through he totally plays up the chants about Bret. He's done it pretty much since day one of the Montreal incident.

Its well documented on TV how Vince has tried to "froget" about it, you know by booking like 75% of his angles around that one incident.

The last time RAW was here in Toronto was another example of how much the WWE has forgotten abgout Montreal.

And now they are putting out a DVD on the subject, yeah thats a good way to get people to forget.

Maybe if the WWE themseleves actually wanted to forget about it, the fans would too, but they dont, so we dont.

The WWE claiming that they wish the Canadian fans would forget about Montreal is like when a heel gets "You Suck" chanted at them, and they then turn around and go "Stop chanting that it really bothers me", and then looks in shock as the fans continue to chant "You Suck".

James Steele
03-06-2005, 03:20 PM
:eek:

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CONTINUE CHANTING "YOU SUCK" ?!?!?!?

Anyway, I think the screwjob will never go away. I agree that it should die, but I honestly think it won't go away until Vince,Shawn,Earl,and Bret are all dead and buried. It won't die until there is nobody to say anything too or say anything.

diamondcutter
03-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Are there any other WWE DVDs coming out this year? Maybe some that put the WCW library to good use?

KingofOldSchool
03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Are there any other WWE DVDs coming out this year? Maybe some that put the WCW library to good use?

P.N. News: And You Thought Men On a Mission Sucked!