PDA

View Full Version : Hassan/Daiviari vs. Jericho/Benoit

Marc the Smark
03-06-2005, 10:01 AM
PWInsider is reporting this match for Mania.

It is sad to see that out of all the people who were in the main event at last years Wrestlemania (on the Raw side) Benoit is left with the worse match if this were to take place. Triple H is in the Raw main event for 3 Wrestlemania's in a row, Michaels is in another match of the year candidate for 3 Wrestlemania's in a row, and Benoit is in another tag match for the second time in 3 Wrestlemania's. At least at Wrestlemania X9 he had Rhyno as his partner and fought against great teams such as Los Guerreros and The World's Greatest Tag Team, but what is this?

Hassan and Daivari? This is the former World Heavyweight Champion we are talking about here not just some flash in the pan gimmick wrestler. Based on the past two Wrestlemania's Benoit and Jericho at least deserve the respect to face more credible opponents than Hassan and Daivari. A win over these two will do nothing for their careers or for future storylines. I hate to say this but I would rather see Jericho job to Benoit in a submission match at Wrestlemania than have Benoit and Jericho crush Hassan and Daivari in a tag match. What would make more sense is if the WWE went ahead and had Hassan vs. Benjamin for the Intercontinental Championship. At least then Benjamin would have an opponent and it could create for more interesting storylines and build up.

Astley316
03-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Isn't Jericho in some 5 man ladder match, that he proposed on raw?

XL
03-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Yep!

6 man invitational ladder match with speculation that it will be for the IC title or the No.1 contendership for the World Title.

Look around and you will find the names Xtian, Benoit, Benjamin, Hassan and possibly Kane/Snitsky are peoples picks for the other 5 men in this match.

Word is also about that Hogan may face Hassan at WM

Not sure of sources, as I said, look around!!

Danny Electric
03-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Under my bed? :kiss:

HeartBreakMan2k
03-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I would really like to see Hassan meet Hogan, granted I think the match itself would be shit, the promos would be good. Plus you could build it as Hulk Hogan, the Real American, vs Muhammad Hassan, and American who has been scrutinized simply for the color of his skin, and yet he is successful because he is a better American than everyone else. Then have Hassan beat him.

And yes, Jericho is having a 6 man invitational ladder match from what I gather. I don't see the two of them in a tag match. Both deserve far and away better than what they are going to get regardless though.

John la Rock
03-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Just to clarify something Scotty... Triple H wasn't in Raw's main-event at WM 19. It was Rock vs Austin which was clearly the focal point of Raw for all of March

And to the topic...Jericho and Benoit definatley deserve better. They should be wrestling each other (even if it has been done 1000 times)

Corndad
03-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Just to clarify something Scotty... Triple H wasn't in Raw's main-event at WM 19. It was Rock vs Austin which was clearly the focal point of Raw for all of March

And to the topic...Jericho and Benoit definatley deserve better. They should be wrestling each other (even if it has been done 1000 times)

I think what he meant was he has been in the title match for raw the last 3, which should in all purposes be the main match even if his match vs Booker T wasnt treat as such

The CyNick
03-06-2005, 01:33 PM
These days the WWE counts like 5 or 6 matches as the main event of Mania, so you're all right.

I assume this was reported by PWI before RAW, otherwise, thats some pretty horrible journalism right there.

Hassan-Hogan is okay, only if Hogan wins.

Corkscrewed
03-07-2005, 02:37 AM
You're kidding... right? After all the shit Hogan's done, he deserves to go out with a loss.

Hell, most of the WWE legends have gone out with loss. It's tradition!