PDA

View Full Version : Never or Never Again...

Marc the Smark
03-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I just want to get some things about people thinking that certain wrestlers in the WWE will actually be given a WHC/WWE title run in the future.

THOSE WHO WILL NEVER BE WHC/WWE CHAMPION
EVER OR EVER AGAIN

Booker T - If they wanted him as WH Champion, it would have happened at WrestleMania XIX, that is the bottom line. If they wanted him as WWE champion they would have never pushed JBL instead. Don't get your hopes up about Booker T getting the title, afterall he was the final champ in WCW.

Rob Van Dam - Wrestlers like Mysterio and London may be just as skilled, but no one is more talented than RVD. If WWE wanted RVD as champ it would have been done sometime in 2002 or by latest at WrestleMania XIX. He could be a great champ, however WWE doesn't see many things in him apparently. I think if they let him talk like a caulky s.o.b. those would be mic skills enough.

Chris Jericho - March 17, 2002, I believe was the last time Jericho was champ. Do you really think they'll give him a title run again? I waited for the rest of 2002 and into 2003 just waiting for Jericho to be champ again. He now only main events an annual Elimination Chamber, makes it to the final three and loses. It sucks!!

Chris Benoit - Ever get that eerie feeling WWE won't utilize him now? I'm starting to become sick with that feeling!

Eddie Guerrero - See Chris Benoit, he and Benoit ruled at WMXX and ruled as champs, but WWE used them for what they were and now their riding the midcard again. That's crap!!

Edge - With HHH around, Edge will either A) Get his ass kicked backstage by Matt Hardy or B) Get hurt again. Edge has recieved significant TV time and guess what he's been back for over a year now and hasn't even budged the invisible ranking system! He's gone no where! He may now be facing Jericho and others in a ladder match! Edge's angry gimmick has been working but he's not getting anywhere.

Shawn Michaels - This tears me apart to even add his name, HBK is one of my all time favorite wrestlers and should be champion 10x not HHH!!!! He's gotten a hundred title shots and failed to win them all! They should have made HBK dominante! If HBK does get another title run, it will be for one month like the last time, I want it to be for a year!

The Undertaker - Once he lost to JBL at three PPV's, you pretty much figure that Taker's riding out the end of his career now a days.

Kane - Same rule applies to him as Jericho, except Kane was champ for one day and by most people's standards, Kane was never truly champion!!! Kane's best years were 98, 99 and 00 in my opinion as far as his character value. Don't expect to ever see him as champ, so stop wishing Kane marks!

Marcyo
03-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't know, about everything you said is the absolute truth except for Edge. I'm pretty sure we could see him cheat and beat Batista somewhere in 2005.

I know. It would ruin Batista's credibility. It's a stupid idea. Nobody wants to see that happen.

Which is why the WWE's gonna do it.

Crashnburn
03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I just want to get some things about people thinking that certain wrestlers in the WWE will actually be given a WHC/WWE title run in the future.

EVER OR EVER AGAIN

You forgot to go tell a class room full of kindergarteners that Santa isn't real.

Rob Van Dam - Wrestlers like Mysterio and London may be just as skilled, but no one is more talented than RVD.

pfffttt.. Yeah, right. London and Mysterio leave RVD in the dust. RVD is a spot monkey. He's been doing the same routine ever since he came to the WWE. At least Mysterio and London change up their routines.

Mr. JL
03-11-2005, 07:18 PM
The thing is, you never know who has that IT factor unless you give them the chance to run with THE BIG CHAMPIONSHIP. Oh, and you have to be booked half decently as well.

Booker T was never given a chance. RVD has never been given a chance.

Jericho was made to look pussy leading into the Vengeance '01 PPV, while the WWF teased a HUGE Rock VERSUS Austin match.

Benoit only headlined a ppv with HHH and HBK. Oh, the time he does main event with someone other than the two names mentioned he jobs the title.

Guerrero lost the title to Bradshaw after defeating Lesnar and Angle

Edge should not have a job.
HBK should be retired or should only come in for a specific feud ei: Jericho V. Michaels
Undertaker should have retired ages ago

Mr. JL
03-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Pfttt.. Yeah, right. London and Mysterio leave RVD in the dust. RVD is a spot monkey. He's been doing the same routine ever since he came to the WWE. At least Mysterio and London change up their routines.
hurricanrana, 619 tease, dropkick, hurricanrana, 619, west coast pop pin

dropsault, ensiguri, backflip, london star press

rolling thunder, kick, split legged moonsault, kick, five star frog splash

punch, kick, WHAT?, punch, kick, WHAT?, spinebuster, STUNNER

german suplex, over head belly to belly, ankle lock, angle slam, ankle lock

punch, kick, spit-punch, spine on the pine, peoples elbow, rock bottom

----------
I believe the "he uses the same routine" argument is VERY weak considering you can say the same things for EVERY WRESTLER

Crashnburn
03-11-2005, 07:40 PM
hurricanrana, 619 tease, dropkick, hurricanrana, 619, west coast pop pin

dropsault, ensiguri, backflip, london star press

rolling thunder, kick, split legged moonsault, kick, five star frog splash

punch, kick, WHAT?, punch, kick, WHAT?, spinebuster, STUNNER

german suplex, over head belly to belly, ankle lock, angle slam, ankle lock

punch, kick, spit-punch, spine on the pine, peoples elbow, rock bottom

----------
I believe the "he uses the same routine" argument is VERY weak considering you can say the same things for EVERY WRESTLER

That's an extreme generalization. So you listed everybody's moves that they use, big deal. I'm talking about how they use those moves. RVD's matches are exactly the same from start to finish. The other wrestlers you mentioned while using the same moves at least changed the order of the match.

Mr. Nerfect
03-12-2005, 03:09 AM
I personally disagree with a lot fo your list. Booker T, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and MAYBE Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero are the only ones I can agree with for sure.

-Booker T is retiring soon, and although it would be nice ot see him with a World Championship, the guy's just not the stuff he was anymore. His character is stale, he only occasionally has good matches, and he's lost enough of the big matches to make US Champion a stretch right now. He's not even on the current WrestleMania card. I hope they add Orlando Jordan vs. Booker T and have BT take OJ's title just to do something with the man.

-The Undertaker is past it. Right now he doesn't need a World Championship, and he shouldn't have one.

-Shawn Michaels could be used as a World Champion, but they have more World Title contenders for both sides of the face/heel spectrum, so HBK is really a support player right now, in my opinion.

-Chris Jericho is in the same boat as Booker T right now, IMO. He's become a shadow of his once unmatchable greatness, and I really don't think putting the World Title on him now would be a good thing. I don't think he's completely past it, but he's not a World Title front-runner right now, IMO.

-Eddie Guerrero has come out and said he didn't like being the World Champion. For that reason he may always be a supporting player. I have a feeling there might be another run in Eddie Guerrero sometime, though.

Cruiserweight 3:16
03-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Eddie Guerrero has come out and said he didn't like being the World Champion. For that reason he may always be a supporting player. I have a feeling there might be another run in Eddie Guerrero sometime, though.

When did he ever say that? I know he said he felt like he let the WWE down with his title run, but I've never heard anything about him saying he didn't like being the World Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
03-12-2005, 05:48 PM
When did he ever say that? I know he said he felt like he let the WWE down with his title run, but I've never heard anything about him saying he didn't like being the World Champion.

I'm pretty sure he said something about the pressure being way too much for him to handle.

We may see Eddie Guerrero as a transitional Champion, or just a short reign for him, but I doubt he will get the JBL treatment anytime soon.

The Cerebral Assassin
03-12-2005, 06:39 PM
I just don't know anymore.

Chavo Classic
03-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure he said something about the pressure being way too much for him to handle.

To an extent, I think Eddie did botch being the champion . He couldn't handle the pressure and put a twelve inch gash on his fore-head for good measure. He's deservedly a top tier guy but I don't think he'll wear that belt again for a long time

raytrey21
03-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Honestly, the only one's I see even coming close to being champ from that list are HBK and Undertaker. I'd say Kane, but they fucked his character up a long time ago. The face thing just doesn't work for him. Now I have a question, why has the WWE squandered Taker's chances so many times? He's one of the greatest and most popular wrestlers of all time and he's only been champion twice.

Corndad
03-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Honestly, the only one's I see even coming close to being champ from that list are HBK and Undertaker. I'd say Kane, but they fucked his character up a long time ago. The face thing just doesn't work for him. Now I have a question, why has the WWE squandered Taker's chances so many times? He's one of the greatest and most popular wrestlers of all time and he's only been champion twice.

I thought he has held atleast 3? He beat Hogan Twice for it, and beat Sid at WM 13 for the other one?

Disturbed316
03-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Taker also beat Austin for the title.

The One
03-13-2005, 03:40 PM
For the record The Undertaker has been WWE Champion 4 times...

He beat Hulk Hogan on Nov. 27, 1991
He beat Sid on March 23, 1997
He beat Austin on May 23, 1999
He beat Hogan on May 19, 2002

On to the point at hand, I can see Jericho being WWE Champion if he goes over to SmackDown, I however can not see him ever holding the World Heavyweight Title on RAW. RAW is the flagship show, and always will be, and so long as they are building "New Icons" (Batista, Orton, etc.) and so long as they have "All Time Greats" (HBK, HHH, etc.) on RAW, Jericho will just get left behind. On SmackDown however he could really do some magic.

I completly agree on everyone else that was mentioned though...

Aussie Skier
03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
EVER OR EVER AGAIN

Booker T - Won't eve win the world championship again now. I read a little hting in Hogan's book that said that if booker had gone to WWE a few years earlier, he could have been HUGE! I agree with that. I personally think the WWE like the idea of a 5-time WCW champ, who never became champ in the WWE.

Rob Van Dam - Shouldn't b a world champ in WWE, because the RVD we see in the WWE is a far cry from what we saw in ECW, now that is a real shame!

Chris Jericho - Will be champ once more. I'm tipping Jericho to getthe title sometime this year, by winning the ladder match at Wrestlemania.

Chris Benoit - Won't be champ again...at least not for a while. he doesn't have anything interesting going on right now, which is a shame.

Eddie Guerrero - Eddie could have been a big part of the main event scene in the future. However, it seems he was unableto handle the pressure of being champ and ultimatly, I doubt he'll eve be world champ again.

Edge - Edge, hmmm, thats a tough one. 2 weeks ago i would have said that sooner or later he'd b world champ. However, with the guy being unable to keep his dick in is pants, he has done no favours for himself :nono: hopefully he will get a go as champ again in the future.

Shawn Michaels - I don't want HBK to b champ again. I really like the idea of maybe one or two smaller title reigns for him, but ultimatly, i think its now time for HBk to really work hard with the midcarders and upper midcarders (christian, Booker T, Edge)

The Undertaker - Nah, maybe one more title reign for nostalgic reasons, but thats it

Kane - Outside chance of one last title reign, but he's not exactly a great character to have as your champ i suppose.