PDA

View Full Version : Kayfabe Corner 3 - Wrestling Discussion

KayfabeMan
03-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Should've been up yesterday, but I got sidetracked.

OK, so the first KC (Feb.11) started off hot, with a great column detailing WCW's Top 10 Modern Feuds. My witty sarcasm was lost in the second KC (Feb.25), when a few guys didn't quite understand the concept of my Top 4 ECW Feuds. So anyhow - as I had said originally, here is where I post things that can be debated, dissected, and discussed. OK:

These past few weeks I've turned back to watching a wrestling show that I haven't in quite some time now. There's a guy who was a WWF mid-carder, now carrying a world title, to absolutely no one's delight. His nose was quite large, and he was wearing a t-shirt show-casing his own name. He main events PPV's. That's right. I'm talking about Jeff Jarrett.

Overall, TNA was disappointing from what I saw. Here are a few randoming jumblings:

Why are Phi Delta Slam in / on TNA? You have two fat, middle aged, talentless men eating up precious TV time. But enough about Chris Candido and Konnan, and back to my original point: Phi Delta Sucks. Get these asswipes off of television, and get some actual talents on the air. If I wanted to see fat frat boys and some cheap douchebag, I'd go to Panama City for spring break.

Shark Boy. Tremendous talent, tremendously misused by TNA. Wake up there Dusty, your son is not good, nor does he draw. Sharky does, but unfortunately his last name isn't Rhodes - although neither is Dustin's :shifty:

David Young. Please do something decent with this guy. He works hard, he's good, and he's got the ability to do more than just lose 1,000 matches in a row. I love how it is considered a big upset win if a former 3 time NWA World Tag Team Champion beats Glenn Gilberti. Young should consider becoming a NASCAR driver, and then maybe he'll remain undefeated in TNA.

Health benefits for big Abyss. He needs an eye exam, as he has poor enough vision to miss Hardy squatting on top of a trailer that was about 8 feet high. Either an eye exam, or a mask with bigger eye holes. Speaking of holes, that leads to my next point:

Trinity. She needs to be booted out of TNA. She brings nothing to the show, but I guess like with the guys, it is what you do backstage that counts. I meant her creative writing skills, of course :shifty: Anyhow, her and PDS = clueless and pointless.

Now that I'm done ranting on TNA, Random Thoughts and Ramblings:

Indy Scene: RexPlex is gone. ROH needs another venue. Perhaps they should run their events out of Rob Feinstein's basement...although I'm sure they don't market their shows towards children. Speaking of children.

I continue to watch 'Surreal Life' on VH1. Thankfully Chyna was put into rehab now. I am sure when she gets out she will be back on reality TV again. Probably on Celebrity Justice. On a serious note, I do hope things work out for her, and that she can straighten herself out there.

On a related note, X-Pac. He shows up on 'Surreal Life'. I remember he was on The Anna Nicole Smith Show once before as well. Two reality shows featuring addicted women, past their prime, boozing, and hanging all over any guy who is near them. Figures that he'd land over in TNA, where many of the wrestlers share those same characteristics :shifty:

I still refuse to watch WWE. It's been a tremendously long time now, subtracting the RAW episode I attended (thank you for the free seat) in January. Honestly, adding TNA's Victory Road (which I also attended) and that RAW, they don't total up to the WrestleReunion card from last month. When that comes out on DVD, take a chance on it. That wasn't sarcasm; really (since no one can establish that).

Well, I'm off to fix Social Security and buy a DVD. Take care until next time, KayfabeMan

thecc
03-12-2005, 10:58 AM
What happened to the rexplex?

Savio
03-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah the end of last weeks TNA was stupid.

The Fugitive
03-12-2005, 11:29 AM
What happened to the rexplex?
Credit to PWInsider.com http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=8730&p=1

The Rexplex in Elizabeth, New Jersey has shut down operations, forcing Ring of Honor to have to find a new venue to replace their top drawing market including a scheduled 4/2 event which was set to feature a "Top of American Super Junior tournament" in conjunction with the Inoki Dojo. When contacted via email as to why the venue was closed on Saturday during its scheduled operating hours, Diego Benitez, a representative for the Rexplex responded, "Unfortunately we had some financial problems and the court decided to close us down. We might open a new one on a different location in a couple of months. We apologize for any inconvenience this may (sic) caused."

Hope that clears that up.

thecc
03-12-2005, 01:43 PM
FUCK!!! I hope they get a new one up by july for hellfest.

MVP
03-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah I don't see what David Young's losing streak is accomplishing. Cause I don't think he's hated enough by the fans to the point that he will DRAW if he loses all the time.