PDA

View Full Version : A few things regarding TNA

LK
03-12-2005, 06:31 PM
A few things about TNA that I have seen on wrestleview.com

1) There is said to be some major concern among TNA officials that WWE is waiting to raid most of their top talent in the X Division throughout this year, including what many consider the poster boy for the company AJ Styles. Although others within WWE brushed off TNA as anything but a small promotion, some are beginning to see that it has the potential to become serious competition down the line. Concerning Styles, his contract with TNA expires later this year and will no doubt go where the money is unless TNA can propose a counter-offer that suites him financially.

2) TNA officials are said to be upset with Raven as they blame him, not Dustin, for the quality of their recent matches. The general opinion among many is that Raven only asked to work with Dustin in hopes that it would score him some points with Dusty. Those who feel this theory is true are no doubt happy to see it backfiring in his face.

3) PWInsider's Mike Johnson is reporting that Alex Shelley received his official release from TNA recently. Shelley was not used by TNA on a regular basis since Dusty Rhodes took over as the company's head booker. I believe his last official TNA appearance was at the Victory Road PPV on November 7th, 2004 in the 20 Superstar Invitational X Division Gauntlet Match.

It is no secret Shelley requested his release from the company this past January (something Shelley talked about in a recent interview conduted by WV's own Ryan Allen that you can read by clicking here) and was eventually granted it in what many in TNA described as an amicable parting. There is no heat on Shelley at all for wanting to leave. Shelley joins a list of others who have departed from the company in the last three months including Johnny Swinger, Frankie Kazarian and former VP of Marketing Walt Wilson.

Jaton
03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I hope AJ Styles doesn't leave TNA for WWE. If he does, he'll land on Velocity jobbing to Akio. Or, at the very most, a tag-title run.

M. Banana
03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
If the WWE does raid the X-Division... um...

I'll probably watch WWE shows even more. It'd be great to see AJ Styles on SmackDown or RAW.

I think that Vince will give Styles a one year contract for a huge amount of money, AJ stays, main-events for a while, then the contract is up. Styles sees that the WWE won't use him to put over certain superstars, so he decides to stay, and signs an even longer contract, say, 5-8 years. His rank slowly declines and eventually he does job to the likes of Daniel Puder and Shannon Moore. Guarantee that's what will happen if they raid..

Kane Knight
03-12-2005, 07:19 PM
A few things about TNA that I have seen on wrestleview.com

1) There is said to be some major concern among TNA officials that WWE is waiting to raid most of their top talent in the X Division throughout this year, including what many consider the poster boy for the company AJ Styles. Although others within WWE brushed off TNA as anything but a small promotion, some are beginning to see that it has the potential to become serious competition down the line. Concerning Styles, his contract with TNA expires later this year and will no doubt go where the money is unless TNA can propose a counter-offer that suites him financially.

2) TNA officials are said to be upset with Raven as they blame him, not Dustin, for the quality of their recent matches. The general opinion among many is that Raven only asked to work with Dustin in hopes that it would score him some points with Dusty. Those who feel this theory is true are no doubt happy to see it backfiring in his face.

3) PWInsider's Mike Johnson is reporting that Alex Shelley received his official release from TNA recently. Shelley was not used by TNA on a regular basis since Dusty Rhodes took over as the company's head booker. I believe his last official TNA appearance was at the Victory Road PPV on November 7th, 2004 in the 20 Superstar Invitational X Division Gauntlet Match.

It is no secret Shelley requested his release from the company this past January (something Shelley talked about in a recent interview conduted by WV's own Ryan Allen that you can read by clicking here) and was eventually granted it in what many in TNA described as an amicable parting. There is no heat on Shelley at all for wanting to leave. Shelley joins a list of others who have departed from the company in the last three months including Johnny Swinger, Frankie Kazarian and former VP of Marketing Walt Wilson.
1) AJ should go to the WWE only if he doesn't want to wrestle. They won't let him do any of his spotfests in the WWE. Same goes for any other X-Division talent who will be wasted elsewhere.

2)They both suck. End of story.

3) This is really their loss. Hope he lands on his feet.

James Steele
03-12-2005, 07:36 PM
I agree with what somebody said on here awhile back and that Christopher Daniels is the only "X-Division" wrestler that could survive in the "safety! YAY!" WWE style.

Mr. Nerfect
03-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I think AJ would do well in the WWE. The WWE [B]appear[/I] to be interested in doing something with the Cruiserweight Division. If they cut the crap out of their B shows and put a lot more cruiserweight action on Velocity, and put maybe two cruiserweight matches on SmackDown!, you can have an effective division, IMO.

Compliment that by having them lift the bar a little for them, and I think everything will pick-up. I assume they'd actually use storylines in their booking of the division, though.

Kane Knight
03-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Compliment that by having them lift the bar a little for them, and I think everything will pick-up. I assume they'd actually use storylines in their booking of the division, though.
X-Division wrestling+real booking (The WWE's will have to do...)=orgasm.

Much as I want to love TNA, the lack of any sotrytelling whatsoever puts me to sleep. If I wanted to watch a bunch of fags bounce up and down, I'd catch Eminem and the latest boy band on MTV.

Innovator
03-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Thing is WWE would never let AJ Styles be AJ Styles. He'd be more watered down than Rey Rey and RVD combined

Kane Knight
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Naw. They'd just make him dye his hair, paint his face, and do drugs.

Innovator
03-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Vince: AJ Styles? Naw your new name is AJ Hardy...no one will tell the difference

PullMyFinger
03-13-2005, 02:06 AM
I seriously hope the X Division doesn't get raided, and if AJ Styles goes to WWE, you can kiss TNA goodbye forever.

Mr. Nerfect
03-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Vince: AJ Styles? Naw your new name is AJ Hardy...no one will tell the difference

LOL, I love the way Vince doesn't even have inspiration to change the name, he just does for the sake of it. :lol:

Chavo Classic
03-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Naw. They'd just make him dye his hair, paint his face, and do drugs.

I hope you're not infering that Jeff Hardy does drugs. Because that's slander, my good man.

Kane Knight
03-13-2005, 10:41 AM
I hope you're not infering that Jeff Hardy does drugs. Because that's slander, my good man.
Actually, it's libel, becaust it's print, and only if it's false.

James Steele
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Jeff Hardy hasn't ever done drugs, even if the WWE fired his ass because he refused to go to rehab. :roll:

Just John
03-13-2005, 11:22 AM
i want wwe to publicly invade tna nothing made me watch wwe (or wwf as it was then) more than the ecw/wcw invasion

Kane Knight
03-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Jeff Hardy hasn't ever done drugs, even if the WWE fired his ass because he refused to go to rehab. :roll:
vBulletin Message <!-- main error message --> You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JamesSteele again. You must also spread some pot around before giving it to Jeff Hardy again.

PullMyFinger
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
i want wwe to publicly invade tna nothing made me watch wwe (or wwf as it was then) more than the ecw/wcw invasion
That shitty storyline made you watch the programming more?

The One
03-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Christopher Daniels is the only preson that could do his style of wrestling in WWE...and I bet everyone will be less and less excited to see Styles go once you all see how crappy WWE will probably use Kazarian.

Shadow
03-13-2005, 07:52 PM
vBulletin Message <!-- main error message --> You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JamesSteele again. You must also spread some pot around before giving it to Jeff Hardy again.

That's it.

After we have sex tonight...you're sleeping on the couch.

AJ Styles was in the WWE for all of 2 seconds. He didn't like it then, why the hell would he like it now?

Kane Knight
03-13-2005, 08:04 PM
That's it.

After we have sex tonight...you're sleeping on the couch.
http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/wavesad.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/crynew.gif

M. Banana
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
He was in the WWE? Where the fuck was I?

M. Banana
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh yeah.. Triple A's pants..

M. Banana
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm no good at sexual innuendo. :-\

Kane Knight
03-13-2005, 08:22 PM
TRAMP!@

M. Banana
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
You're dog just wasn't doing it for me anymore. :-\

Kane Knight
03-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Your***

M. Banana
03-13-2005, 09:19 PM
;)

That's fucked up.

Shadow
03-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Isn't he?

Kane Knight
03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Who is? :eek:

Anybody Thrilla
03-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Damn it, when was AJ Styles in the WWE?

Shadow
03-13-2005, 09:35 PM

He was in there for like 2 seconds. We all blinked so we missed it.

Anybody Thrilla
03-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes, see, I understand this. But what I want to know is what he did there. Did he work any matches? Or was he just on Randy Orton poop bag prevention duty?

Shadow
03-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Yes, see, I understand this. But what I want to know is what he did there. Did he work any matches? Or was he just on Randy Orton poop bag prevention duty?

Obviouslly that's why he was fired.

LK
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
He had a match on Heat or something like that against the Hurricane and the WWE offered him a developmental contract which Styles rejected. Think it was down to money.

Mr. JL
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Actually, it was on a "Metal" episode.