PDA

View Full Version : Some random house show notes

Fignuts
03-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Went to a house show in buffalo yesterday, and figured I'd post some of the more interesting things.

The tag team of Johnny Nitro and Joey Matthews started off the night against Funaki and STH. It seems that Nitro and Matthews are an actual tag team, as they have matching outfits and a very sexy valet named mileena(correct?) She enters the ring by doing a split on the apron and crawling uder the rope. Nice. Didn't get an oppurtunity to see what Nitro and Matthews could really do, as it was the first match and they were playing to the crowd and getting them warmed up for the night.

Akio and London also squared off for about the fifth time....and it never gets old. WWE claims they are going to give a heavy push to the CW division. If they have any brain cells they'll put these two in an actual feud instead of wrestling 5-star matches on velocity. Real treat to see them wrestle live. Wasn't expecting it.

Jindrak got quite a pop for his match against Reigns. Still used that gay ass punch though.

Mysterio and Eddie v.s. the Bashams
Match of the night. Easily. I was really impressed with the bashams. The whole thing was just great tag team wrestling. Great psychology. They even had a dusty finish where the Bashams thought they won the match, but of course they didn't, and the match was restarted. Of course Eddie's antics made it even better. At one point he did his gag where he unties the tag rope to get a better reach. The ref comes over to yell at him and pulls on the rope. They have a tug a war until the ref slips and falls on his ass. Funny stuff.

Main event was supposed to be Cena and show v.s. JBL and Jordan
Cena has a new entrance theme BTW. Anyway, the cabinet comes out and starts to beat down Cena. Then show comes out, and chokeslams JBL, and Cena pins him. I was like wtf, you can't be serious. They spent more time coming to the ring then they did wrestling. Then JBL challenges Cena to a one-on-one non title match. So I got to see WM a little early. I'll say this, the match wasn't bad at all. I still think JBL's in-ring work is underrated. No, he's not benoit or angle, but he damn sure isn't heidenrich or snitsky.

All in all it was a really good show. Although no Taker. :(

Chavo Classic
03-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Jeez, it's a slow news day.

RGWhat316
03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Cena's got new music????? Damn, his one now is really his trademark. Would be weird to hear him with new stuff.

Anybody Thrilla
03-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Does he perform his new music?

Xero
03-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Does he perform his new music?
I would imagine so. It's probably something off of his new album so they can promote it.

Chavo Classic
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I would imagine so. It's probably something off of his new album so they can promote it.

Another great reason to not watch smackdown.

Fignuts
03-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I think so, yeah