PDA

View Full Version : Is the WWE title still important or is it not?

mike627
03-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Hey, guys just want to get y'all's opinion on this. :?:

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2005, 03:10 AM
I personally think the WWE Championship is still the best belt in the business. I really wish the commentators would make references to how it is the fused Federation and WCW World Championships.

mike627
03-15-2005, 03:15 AM
That wolud help Alienoid06.I think JBL should point that out or maybe Cena can.

Hitman84
03-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Personally, I feel that there being two world titles in WWE at present makes them both seem worthless. Granted, the fact that Triple H was awarded the World title and the wrestlers from SmackDown actually have to win their belts makes the WWE title seem more important than that of RAW. In my opinion, they should have just one World title like before (and get a nicer looking belt). This would in turn make the Royal Rumble and the WM main event more important matches.

Oh and plus, if this does happen, they shouldn't gift the new title to Triple H. There should be a tournament, or better still, put the belt up for grabs at the Royal Rumble.

Kane Knight
03-15-2005, 10:32 AM
No.

wwe2222
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
There should be only one world champion. Two makes it kind of cheap. I understand why they do it, but it doesnt feel as prestigious. Get a brand new lookin belt too. The best world title belt was the one they had when rock first won the title (you know the one).

Get a new IC title belt while they are at it. The one they have now is awful. Im not sure why they ever changed that belt. That was a cool title belt.

Kane Knight
03-15-2005, 01:59 PM
The only real value the champion belts have in wrestling is as a plot device for the wrestlers to strive to. It can create storylines, or augment them. It can spark feuds or be the end-all to them.

Now, the problem is that the "flagship" Show, Raw, has managed to kill most interest in the belt, making it a poor plot device, and kind of watering down the main event scene

PullMyFinger
03-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I made a thread about this before. First off, the WWE Title should be my favorite due to its history, but it's not. Raw's belt is more important now, sadly. They can first start out with MAKING A NEW WWE TITLE! The one they had now is so shitty! Bring back the Attitude Era one or the Eagle one, if they don't feel like designing a new one. Just through first glance, the Raw belt looks a whole lot better than SD's.

Having the last two WM headline match a Raw title match doesn't help out Smackdown! either. Both Benoit and Batista stated on Raw that the Heavyweight Championship was the better belt, and that Raw is the flagship show. SD! is so fucked it's unbelievable.

Kane Knight
03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Both the titles should be redesigned. I don't like ther Raw title either.

The CyNick
03-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I still think the WWE title is more important just because of the history. But the World Title seems to be the bigger draw at this point.

It'll be interesting to see if this changes any with babyfaces on both shows carrying the titles.

But I think they should only have one World Title, because as was mentioned when you have two World Titles, neither seems all that prestigious.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2005, 02:29 AM
I can see why people think the titles should be unified. I personally wouldn't mind the idea, and I don't think "The World Champion" woulsn't be happy is an excuse, because I think putting 200% into the company is a reasonable price to pay to be the World Champion.

I'm not too keen on ending the roster split, but I wouldn't mind seeing all the titles unified (save the Women's and CW belts) and have the World Champion, United-Continental Champion appear on both brands, the WWE World Tag Team Champions appear on both brands.

It wouldn't been too pretty at first, but I think it would allow time to build feuds, and get guys more over than usual.

Why not have something like this take place at Backlash?

Vince McMahon decides that we will see the following matches take place at Backlash to decide interpromotional Champions:

WWE Championship/World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena vs. Batista

WWE Intercontinental Championship/WWE United States Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Orlando Jordan

World Tag Team Championship/WWE Tag Team Championship
William Regal & Tajiri vs. Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio

You then have the rest of the card dedicated to RAW exclusive matches like:

Tag Team Turmoil
Edge & Christian vs. Randy Orton & Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs. Muhammad Hassan & Kane vs. Triple H & Ric Flair vs. Rhyno & Rob Conway (I dunno, maybe you could build up a respect angle between the two since Conway beat Rhyno on Heat last week)

WWE Women's Championship
Trish Stratus vs. Victoria

The Tag Team Turmoil (or some kind of new style tag team match) would be an interesting way to build towards some kind of gimmick match to decide a challenger for the WWE World Championship at Summerslam.

Maybe have the six indivual teams be grouped together for a 12-Man Tag Team Match. Then at the next PPV we have the winenrs of the 12-Man face off in a Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination Match with the winners facing off at Vengeance, and the winner there going to go to Summerslam where they would be apart of a Triple Threat with the WWE World Champion and SmackDown!'s selected contender.

mike627
03-17-2005, 02:46 AM
I can see why people think the titles should be unified. I personally wouldn't mind the idea, and I don't think "The World Champion" woulsn't be happy is an excuse, because I think putting 200% into the company is a reasonable price to pay to be the World Champion.

I'm not too keen on ending the roster split, but I wouldn't mind seeing all the titles unified (save the Women's and CW belts) and have the World Champion, United-Continental Champion appear on both brands, the WWE World Tag Team Champions appear on both brands.

It wouldn't been too pretty at first, but I think it would allow time to build feuds, and get guys more over than usual.

Why not have something like this take place at Backlash?

Vince McMahon decides that we will see the following matches take place at Backlash to decide interpromotional Champions:

John Cena vs. Batista

WWE Intercontinental Championship/WWE United States Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Orlando Jordan

World Tag Team Championship/WWE Tag Team Championship
William Regal & Tajiri vs. Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio

You then have the rest of the card dedicated to RAW exclusive matches like:

Tag Team Turmoil
Edge & Christian vs. Randy Orton & Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs. Muhammad Hassan & Kane vs. Triple H & Ric Flair vs. Rhyno & Rob Conway (I dunno, maybe you could build up a respect angle between the two since Conway beat Rhyno on Heat last week)

WWE Women's Championship
Trish Stratus vs. Victoria

The Tag Team Turmoil (or some kind of new style tag team match) would be an interesting way to build towards some kind of gimmick match to decide a challenger for the WWE World Championship at Summerslam.

Maybe have the six indivual teams be grouped together for a 12-Man Tag Team Match. Then at the next PPV we have the winenrs of the 12-Man face off in a Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination Match with the winners facing off at Vengeance, and the winner there going to go to Summerslam where they would be apart of a Triple Threat with the WWE World Champion and SmackDown!'s selected contender.Damn, Alieniod06 I wolud watch that: but for the WWE/WHC match how about puting it in the Elimination Chamber w/ these guys:

1. Batista

2. Cena

3. Undertaker

4. Orton

5.Eddy Gurrero

6. HBK

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm sick of the EC match. I'm not much of a fan of it at all.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sick of the EC match. I'm not much of a fan of it at all.
It's a pretty lame gimmick match.

SuperSlim
03-17-2005, 09:41 AM
it has almost run it's course. also you have to put Triple H in the match. He has been in all of them.

Jaton
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
So has Jericho.

KayfabeMan
03-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Their Titles are worthless.

KayfabeMan
03-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, not the physical titles, because I am sure they worth a great deal of $$, but the idea of having the title is bullshit in this day and age.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
If they were to go down to one world title, here's how I'd do it.

Have two annual events, probably Summerslam and WM, where the Champion fights someone from another show. The winner takes the main belt to his show. Then for the next 6 months, that show has the title, and it'd defended regularly, can switch hands, etc. THen at the next annual show, whoever is champ fights the #1 contender from the other show...

Problem is, then what do do with the Royale Rumble?

Mr. Nerfect
03-18-2005, 06:33 AM
If they were to go down to one world title, here's how I'd do it.

Have two annual events, probably Summerslam and WM, where the Champion fights someone from another show. The winner takes the main belt to his show. Then for the next 6 months, that show has the title, and it'd defended regularly, can switch hands, etc. THen at the next annual show, whoever is champ fights the #1 contender from the other show...

Problem is, then what do do with the Royale Rumble?

Around Royal Rumble time, I always toy around with the idea that it would be great if they booked the RR to be for a World Championship, then at the February PPV the other brand gets an exclusive event. At WrestleMania the two World Champions lock with the winner taking both titles, and appearing on each brand.

They then appear on both shows, defending the titles mainly seperately, although I think you could make an event seem like more if you had the World Champion defend both titles at a PPV sometime.

Anyway, I'd probably have done it so the 2003 Royal Rumble was for the WWE Championship. This way you have Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit added to the Rmble match as well, which deprives us of a classic, but gives us an improved Rumble. The final four in the Rumble are Kurt Angle (Champion), Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho & Shawn Michaels. You can have Jericho eliminate HBK, then have Lesnar take out Jericho, then have Angle the last guy to fall to Lesnar. The two have perhaps the most action packed finish to the Royal Rumble ever, but eventually Brock Lesnar throws out Angle, and we have a new WWE Champion. Maybe have some kind of rule added so that the Champion is always #30 in the Royal Rumble, or gets to pick their spot.

At No Way Out (Which is now RAW exclusive) we have Triple H vs. Booker T in the main event for the World Heavyweight Championship. Triple H retains, and we have Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar confirmed for WrestleMania XIX. The card would take shape something like this:

World Heavyweight Championship/WWE Championship
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

Vince McMahon vs. Hulk Hogan

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Goldberg (I'm not sure if Goldberg was under contract at this time, but this is certainly a WrestleMania deserving match)

Booker T vs. The Rock

Brock Lesnar goes on to win the the main event, and we have Lesnar go through all challenges, until Goldberg finally manages to defeat Lesnar for the World Heavyweight Championship.

At the Rumble (this year for the World Heavyweight Championship) Benoit is first, and Goldberg is #30. The final four are Goldberg, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle/The Big Show. Lesnar interferes and Goldberg is distracted just long enough for Angle/The Big Show to tip him out. Jericho then gets rid of the last SmackDown! guy, and we have a toss-up between Benoit and Jericho as the new World Heavyweight Champion. Benoit is eventually victorious after Jericho underestimats the gas The Rabid Wolverine has left in the tank, and the two former World Tag Team Champions shake hands and Jericho hands the title over to Benoit before mouthing "Welcome to RAW.".

No Way Out is SmackDown! exclusive this year, and Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero is the main event. Pretty much the same as what really goes down, Goldberg Spears Lesnar so Eddie can hit the Frog Splash for the victory. WrestleMania XX shapes up to be somthing like this:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle (I dunno, just slapping something together)

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

The Royal Rumble 2005 is for the WWE Championship. JBL is #30 while Batista, John Cena, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit & Booker T play the main challengers. The final four are JBL, Batista, John Cena & Edge. Edge goes at Cena's hands, then Cena is eliminated by JBL, and finally JBL retains the Championship when Triple H pulls the ropes down on Batista. He claims that Batista doesn't need to win the Rumble now that Triple H defeated Orton. Batista reluctantly agrees witht his logic.

At WrestleMania, things blow-up, and we get Triple H vs. Batista and JBL vs. John Cena in seperate title matches anyway.

So yeah, basically I think the Rumble could be handled something like that.

MVP
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I thought of a scenario

Let's say the WWE title (or vice versa) is vacated somehow after Survivor Series, so the Royal Rumble is used to decide the new WWE Champion, and at the same time determine who will face the World Heavyweight Champion at Mania to create the new Undisputed World Title. Easy way to merge the world titles depending on who the champs are at the time.