PDA

View Full Version : The Shield Season 4 (Discussion, spoilers, etc, etc)

What Would Kevin Do?
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
So yeah, Season 4 started. Anyone watch it? Seems to be starting off a tad slower than the last two seasons. Happy to see most of the characters show up in some fashion, although I really hope they bring Tavon back this season...

So yeah, did anyone watch it?? If ya did, what did ya like, hate, etc? I'd go into what I thought, but I'd feel pretty damn retarded if I was the only on here who gave two shits, so I'll wait before I post my thoughts.

Also, if you've never scene The Shield, start watching it. Easily one of the best shows on TV.

Boondock Saint
03-16-2005, 12:18 AM
I liked it. I admit I was hesitant about Glenn Close joining the cast, but after tonight I feel that she fits right in.

Anthony Anderson as the bad guy :y:

LOVED the tension between Vic and Shane at the end.

So will this "new Strike Team" consist of the original? Vic and Ronnie for sure.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-16-2005, 12:35 AM
I liked it. I admit I was hesitant about Glenn Close joining the cast, but after tonight I feel that she fits right in.

Anthony Anderson as the bad guy :y:

LOVED the tension between Vic and Shane at the end.

So will this "new Strike Team" consist of the original? Vic and Ronnie for sure.

Yeah, I was worried about Close too. I was scared they were try to make her the main focus of the show for star power.

From what I've read, Anthony Anderson is going to be on pretty much every episode this season.

I'm really curious on where everything is going. Shane and Vic are basically on opposite sides it looks like. Dutch is still slowly going crazy (or at least I think he is). Everyone hates Clauddette, Avicada is a dick, and I've heard something really fucked up about the next episode about him ;)

I don't know who's going to be on the new team. I'm assuming not Shane... I'd actually really like to see Tavon take his place. He's a good character, and Vic liked him a lot. It'd make for an interesting set up.

Also, Vic beating the shit out of the child beater :y:

Funky Fly
03-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Ok, I say like 15 minutes of this (don't watch the show regularly), and in the space of 30 seconds I heard the word shit and saw some man ass. They'd better do something about the man ass, or I'll never watch it.

Shaggy
03-16-2005, 04:37 AM
I missed it and ive never been so pissed. I fell asleep and woke back up a few hours before it came on and my dumb ass dozed back off and missed the whole damn thing.

I hope I can catch a replay of it this week because ive seen all the other episodes in the first 3 seasons. I would be pissed if I missed this very important one.

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-16-2005, 04:58 AM
The Shield is the goods. :y:

Hopefully they'll show it on FIVE soon.

TheNamelessOne
03-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Vaquero, knowing FIVE, it won't be on until the summer.

Boondock Saint
03-16-2005, 06:25 AM
I missed it and ive never been so pissed. I fell asleep and woke back up a few hours before it came on and my dumb ass dozed back off and missed the whole damn thing.

I hope I can catch a replay of it this week because ive seen all the other episodes in the first 3 seasons. I would be pissed if I missed this very important one.

FX will replay the hell out of it leading up to the next episode. You have plenty of chances, I'm sure.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Ok, I say like 15 minutes of this (don't watch the show regularly), and in the space of 30 seconds I heard the word shit and saw some man ass. They'd better do something about the man ass, or I'll never watch it.

You should be happy that you didn't see the episode in the third season that had streaking :)

Rescue me is worse for that shit, where they have that shit going on in like every episode.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-16-2005, 03:10 PM
FX will replay the hell out of it leading up to the next episode. You have plenty of chances, I'm sure.

Yeah, your best bet will be on Sat or Sunday night, around 10 or 11

Also, am I the only one who thought "OVer There" could be real damn good?

Boondock Saint
03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah the second ad for it had me really intrigued. Definitly gonna check it out.

el fregadero
03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
You should be happy that you didn't see the episode in the third season that had streaking :)

Rescue me is worse for that shit, where they have that shit going on in like every episode.
Or the one where that gangster guy forced the chief to suck his cock, it didn't show it, but it was kind of disturbing anyway. Pretty cool though.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Okay, Acevade is perverted as all hell.

And WTF, they fixed the bathroom??? That's just fucked up... In fact, that was the most fucked up thing on the episode.. Fuck the mustard, that toilet blew my mind.. errr. yeah.

mike627
03-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Anyone think by the end of this season Vic is gonna beat Shane's skinny ass?

Shaggy
03-23-2005, 12:43 AM
After finally seeing the first Episode and then the 2nd one today...For some reason it seems like Shane is turning into Mackey. I think it would be great if in the end it turned out Shane was working along with the main bad guy and then proceeds to get the crap beaten out of him.

Was I like the only one who was weirded out with the whole Acevade watching the rape vid scene. That was pretty screwed up.

mike627
03-23-2005, 12:46 AM
After finally seeing the first Episode and then the 2nd one today...For some reason it seems like Shane is turning into Mackey. I think it would be great if in the end it turned out Shane was working along with the main bad guy and then proceeds to get the crap beaten out of him.

Was I like the only one who was weirded out with the whole Acevade watching the rape vid scene. That was pretty screwed up. Ugh, Aceveada is turning into one sick freak... :eek: I like your idea for Shane. :y:

el fregadero
03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Vic is gonna kill Shane.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Vic is gonna kill Shane.

I can see that. Although I'd love to see Tavon come back and kick his ass.

Also, I think it's real obvious Lem misses the streets too.

And damnit, Dutch needs to go crazy, I want crazy Dutch. BTW, why in the hell was Dutch trying to hit on Vic's wife? Was I the only one who noticed that?

el fregadero
03-23-2005, 10:48 PM
He wants to piss off Vic probably.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-24-2005, 02:29 PM

Bleh, Vic will kick his ass.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Bleh, Vic will kick his ass.

Boondock Saint
04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Holy shit at the end of tonights episode.

This season has been pretty kick ass so far and there's plenty more to go.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Shane tries to hard to be like VIc, and he constantly fucks it up..

ANywho, I actually saw the entire first season over the weekend, and ya know, Lemonhead kicks ass.

Shaggy
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
My thoughts with the end of tonight was that maybe Shane should go one of these times with a wire on him. Then they cant get him talking about how he is selling the stuff and Mackey could put him away like he wants to do. Then the show would be over already. But I guess they still need to make the next 19 episodes interesting.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-13-2005, 02:07 PM
My thoughts with the end of tonight was that maybe Shane should go one of these times with a wire on him. Then they cant get him talking about how he is selling the stuff and Mackey could put him away like he wants to do. Then the show would be over already. But I guess they still need to make the next 19 episodes interesting.

I think there's only 8 episodes left this season :)

Anyway, there's some problems with that.

A. I may be crazy, but the dept would wonder how Shane got so close so quick, because when someone goes undercover, they need to go through the department. With all the heat in the past about cops working with dealers, that would be a problem.

B. SPOILERS!!

Chances are, Atoine isn't stupid. If Shane busts him, Antoine has the girl who Shane and his partner can be blamed for killing and burning. And if Shane goes down, he can roll over on everyone else.

It's almost like they're reverting back to season 2, where Antoine can't be brought in without incriminating others, so they'll end up killing him instead.

Shaggy
04-19-2005, 11:27 PM
After watching tonight something I think might happen is.....

There will be a big stand off where Shane finally tells everyone that he is really also trying to bring him down instead of been helping him out all this time and then we learn that Shanes Mexican partner was really helping out Antwon.

That didnt really sound good typed out but when I thought about it during the episode it sounded like it could be pretty good.

Boondock Saint
04-20-2005, 12:34 AM
SHANE'S IN DEEP SHITTTTTTTTT

What Would Kevin Do?
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Next week looks reeaaal fucking interesting.

Also, something I pointed out to my girlfriend

***SPOILERS***

Dutch is going to take out Vic's wife, but Vic planted the camera in Dutch's car to spy on his date. So Vic is going to end up seeing his wife and Dutch on tape.. WHOOOO

Boondock Saint
06-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Good finale. Sad to see Glenn Close leave, liked the character.

Happy the Strike Team is one big happy family again.

One thing I hate about this show is the yearly wait for the next season. 2006 can't come fast enough. This season went by so quickly.