PDA

View Full Version : Does the WWE need a change?

Crippler 666
03-17-2005, 12:07 AM
This is not meant in a negative way really... but the WWE has started to become stale (how long has JBL been champion and since when has there been a return clause)
What I mean is... If you could change anything in the WWE i.e rosters, factions etc

What would you change?

Thriller
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
I see many bad reps in you future

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey asshole, what's the point in typing like this?

Crippler 666
03-17-2005, 12:26 AM

Cos last time got a bad rep for being negative, it was for emphasis to the fact I wasnt being negative

Just seeing if others thought that the WWE needs a mix up such as

Matt Hardy - upon his return going to Smackdown! (the cruiserweight title)

Some of the factions breaking up and/or new members

Heal/Face turns

Anything that would be a change, for the better

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
More bad reps are coming your way now for that big font!

Crippler 666
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Well what can I do... just experimenting and I get a bad rep...

Gouda
03-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Dudes let the guy be. He just wanted to feel what it was like to be big for once in his life.

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Dudes let the guy be. He just wanted to feel what it was like to be big for once in his life.
hahaaaaaaaaaaa

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Cos last time got a bad rep for being negative, it was for emphasis to the fact I wasnt being negative
Then you probably didn't need to type more than like the first 9 words in a large font. If that.

By the way, the return clause (I'm presuming you mean the rematch stip on title contracts) is in no way new.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
*RIMSHOT*

Crippler 666
03-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Then you probably didn't need to type more than like the first 9 words in a large font. If that.

By the way, the return clause (I'm presuming you mean the rematch stip on title contracts) is in no way new.

As I remember about 5 or so years ago you had to earn a spot (which was better)

I just hate to see talent leave the WWE as when Invasion happened I had high hopes of a federation pitting the best wrestlers on the planet against each other, slowly some of the talent has left

Some have been fired, some have left for their own reasons, but we dont want another Lesnar

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 01:09 AM
As I remember about 5 or so years ago you had to earn a spot (which was better)
Normally you still do.

Remember the whole "Royal Rumble?" With so few belt turnovers in the main event slots, you don't see this invoked too often in any meaningful way. Hell, you barely see it in the IC/US.

Crippler 666
03-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Normally you still do.

Remember the whole "Royal Rumble?" With so few belt turnovers in the main event slots, you don't see this invoked too often in any meaningful way. Hell, you barely see it in the IC/US.

Not so much Smackdown at all, mainly HHH (who then wins the title back, normally cheating)

I just think with Cena / Taker / Big Show / Angle / Booker T on Smackdown

Orton / Batista / Kane / Benjamin / Jericho / Benoit on Raw

They could give us a new Heavyweight / WWE champion for more than 5 minutes

Ruien
03-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Not so much Smackdown at all, mainly HHH (who then wins the title back, normally cheating)

I just think with Cena / Taker / Big Show / Angle / Booker T on Smackdown

Orton / Batista / Kane / Benjamin / Jericho / Benoit on Raw

They could give us a new Heavyweight / WWE champion for more than 5 minutes

You basically taking all the big guys that arnt champs and putting them in the other brands? thats barly mixing the main event up much.

Crippler 666
03-17-2005, 01:44 AM
You basically taking all the big guys that arnt champs and putting them in the other brands? thats barly mixing the main event up much.

How long has it been since Jericho got a credible push where you actually thought he might win the title?

I want Matt Hardy back on Smackdown as a cruiserweight

Evolution splitting up for good

Hardcore title back

The WWE to do a Royal Rumble - World War III style (3 rings)

JBL to go back to Tag Team wrestling

The Naitch
03-17-2005, 01:47 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gouda
03-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Ooooh they look like Cheerios!

asphyXy
03-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Chocolate cake.

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 02:11 AM
hahaaaaaaaaaaa
Okay, I understand if I were to get negative rep points for saying something stupid....but this Ruien gave me a negative rep point for saying "hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." What the hell?

Hired Hitman
03-17-2005, 04:47 AM

:cool:

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Okay, I understand if I were to get negative rep points for saying something stupid....but this Ruien gave me a negative rep point for saying "hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." What the hell?
Ruein's a bitch. :cool:

SuperSlim
03-17-2005, 09:45 AM
haaaahaaa

wwe2222
03-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Return clauses have been in wrestling since forever. I cant remember a time there not being a return clause in the former champs contract.

I dont mind JBL being champ for so long, I like long reigning champs, although they probably could have picked a more credible champ than JBL to give a long reign to.

They need more tag teams with tag team names and tag team uniforms. That will help break up the divisions a little I think.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Return clauses have been in wrestling since forever. I cant remember a time there not being a return clause in the former champs contract.
They aren't always envoked,, so we're only to assume they're there a lot of the time. They've been relied upon heavily of late (Relative to the number of title changes), so it's no wonder he thinks they're something new.

I dont mind JBL being champ for so long, I like long reigning champs, although they probably could have picked a more credible champ than JBL to give a long reign to.
Or maybe, as others have suggested, give him some more credible wins.

They need more tag teams with tag team names and tag team uniforms. That will help break up the divisions a little I think.
You mean making tag teams that are more than just randomly thought up the night before?

A novel approach...It's crazy enough to work.

HankScorpio
03-17-2005, 10:43 AM

More like you can't remember a time when Trips wasn't using it to get his belt back.

HankScorpio
03-17-2005, 10:45 AM
what a surprise, I leave TPDUB for a while. And when I come back... There is STILL a "what's wrong with the WWE" thread at the top of the main page

Loose Cannon
03-17-2005, 10:50 AM
If you think the WWE, HAS JUST STARTED TO BECOME STALE, where the hell have you been in the last 3 years?

In my opinion, this is the first time in 3 years that the WWE IS NOT STALE.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 10:59 AM
More like you can't remember a time when Trips wasn't using it to get his belt back.
No, the rematch clause has been used by other people relatively recently.

what a surprise, I leave TPDUB for a while. And when I come back... There is STILL a "what's wrong with the WWE" thread at the top of the main page
Selective timing.

Here, go away again, and see if it's any different.

If you think the WWE, HAS JUST STARTED TO BECOME STALE, where the hell have you been in the last 3 years?

Let's be fair. Maybe he last saw it 4 years ago, so it DOES seem stale. I mean, it's on its way up, but that's from a pretty big low.

wwe2222
03-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, sorry, I meant to say that return clauses have always been there, but not always used. (Though you have to wonder why someone wouldnt use it everytime!)

As for tag teams. Using real tag teams wont make for recycled TV. The problem with using random pairing of superstars is that usually we see them as a singles wrestler and it becomes recycled tv. Its like watching the same old guys over and over in a badly disguised setting. Using actual tag teams gives us different matched, different story lines, etc.

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM

Good call...that's how I've been thinking too. This past year it seems WWE is on the upward slope for the first time in 3-4 yrs.

Kane Knight
03-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Good call...that's how I've been thinking too. This past year it seems WWE is on the upward slope for the first time in 3-4 yrs.
:y:

wwesucks
03-21-2005, 11:27 PM
This is not meant in a negative way really... but the WWE has started to become stale (how long has JBL been champion and since when has there been a return clause)
What I mean is... If you could change anything in the WWE i.e rosters, factions etc

What would you change?

Yeah, Bring Back WCW :foc:

James Steele
03-22-2005, 02:42 PM
:rant:

SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT ASS

ford fairlane
03-25-2005, 10:15 AM
i think the best way to revitalize both raw and smackdown a boost

i know a lot of people have already said this but to give some decent time to the other belts and also to the people who can really get the audience laughing out loud imo most of the comic talent is unused as well

the tag division cruiser womens and hardcore should get the push because as of late both smackdown and raw are solely promoting the heavyweight and world belts which does start to get boring
the minute cena dropped the us title that died on its arse

redoneja
03-25-2005, 11:44 AM
First, I'd do something with the World Heavyweight Chamionship to re-invigorate interest, instead of just having HHH win int back every 3 months. That's why I think some ppl don't mind JBL's long reign like they did HHH's. They feel that when JBL loses, he won't be able to get it back at the next brand-exclusive PPV(unlike HHH who's in EVERY main event).

Second, I would do my best to push the cruiserweight divison. WWE looks to be heading in this direction with the hiring of Psicosis, and the imminent hiring of Super Crazy and Juvi Guerrera. What made the divsion shine in WCW wasn't necessarily the name-recognition of all the competitors, it was the sponteniety of the wrestling. I would mark out if I saw a cruiserweight 6-man tag that had the quality of one in WCW(circa 1996).

I would also change the format of the broadcasts. I want more matches and MORE CLEAN WINS. It seems to me thatnow a days every heel is cheating to win EVERY OTHER MATCH. I know that it goes with the territory but how can true credibility be established when heels keep cheating(I'm looking at you JBL). I want to go back to the days of Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, etc; heels that could beat anyone fair and square.

I'd also bring back King of the Ring and use it to choose who main evented at Summerslam.

Marcyo
03-25-2005, 12:17 PM

:rofl: