PDA

View Full Version : Batista - Will he remain over as a face after Mania, or fizzle out

blake639raw
03-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I get the feeling that Batista, just like Orton, will fizzle out fast. He was over as they were teasing the Batista-HHH split, mainly because he was opposing HHH. They did the split, which was great, but now they seem to be dropping the ball imo. Batista is the type of character who doesn't have great mic skills, and isn't necessarily anything special in the ring. Now don't get me wrong, I believe he could be a success if they booked him right, but they already have started on the wrong foot. The whole "Animal" thing would work, but he needs to be booked larger than life. For instance, when he fought Flair, the match should of ended in 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Batista selling for Flair, and being on his back for half the match doesn't do him any favors. He should of Batista bombed him, maybe even 2 or 3 times, and put Flair out for awhile, to send a message to HHH. HHH was so intimidated by Batista, so this would make people understand why. And this past Monday, when he was about to be triple teamed by HHH, Flair, and Snitsky. He was saved by Kane, which I think is stupid. I would have liked to have seen him defy the odds and whip all their asses single handedly.

It seems like whenever they try to book top level faces, they book them on the same level as every other face. The only faces that have really gotten over in the last few years, you can't give the WWE credit for. Eddie, Cena, and even Jericho all got over on their own accord. I'm totally convinced that the WWE is incapable of booking top level faces anymore.

PullMyFinger
03-17-2005, 01:38 PM
If they book Batista like Goldberg, then he'd work out as a face. Other than that, I kinda see him fizzling out. He's already getting stale with his thumbs down shit....it was cool the first few times, but not anymore. His mic skills aren't that good, but he makes up everything when he wrestles. That's why I say they should pull a Goldberg on him with little speaking and more kicking ass fast.

BigDaddyCool
03-17-2005, 03:27 PM
They need to take some cues from Rhino in ECW. After he wins at wrestlemainia turn him heel and just destory everyone that comes around.

SuperSlim
03-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Unless they do some major work with him he will fizzle out after WrestleMania

Chavo Classic
03-17-2005, 03:43 PM
They need to take some cues from Rhino in ECW. After he wins at wrestlemainia turn him heel and just destory everyone that comes around.

It be far too soon to turn him heel. A heel turn, by nature, needs to be shocking. Something which you never thought would happen, otherwise its just not worth doing.

Batista hasn't been a face long enough for a heel turn to be effective in this manner.

Besides, I get the feeling most people would mark out if Big Dave started destroying everyone anyway. It wouldn't be heat, thats for sure

Funky Fly
03-17-2005, 03:56 PM
This, like almost all cases where people fizzle out in the WWE in the last 3 years, is totally up to the bookers. They have a huge opportunity and if they gay up the angle, they're gonna have to move on to whoever wins the ladder match orrrr their contingency plan: HHH vs HBK part 98345709876.2

BigDaddyCool
03-17-2005, 04:08 PM
It be far too soon to turn him heel. A heel turn, by nature, needs to be shocking. Something which you never thought would happen, otherwise its just not worth doing.

Batista hasn't been a face long enough for a heel turn to be effective in this manner.

Besides, I get the feeling most people would mark out if Big Dave started destroying everyone anyway. It wouldn't be heat, thats for sure

Good point.

Though I would really like to see them build up Rhyno as a sawed off monster and have them go at it somewhere down the line.

MVP
03-17-2005, 04:21 PM
I agree, I thought having Kane save Batista was just stupid. It made it seem like Batista really needed help to take out HHH, Flair, and Snitsky when the logical thing to do was for Batista to fight them off by himself. I think what should've happened is Batista taking out Flair and Snitsky single handedly, and having HHH stay out of it like last time to make the fans want it more at Mania.

Like you guys said above, I think the best way for Batista to get over as a face is to build him like a monster and have him destroy everyone like Goldberg and Lesnar did. Save for his mic skills, I think he can stay over regardless of whom he's feuding if he's always made out to be the more advantaged opponent. That way come much farther down the road the fans will want somebody to finally emerge victorious over Batista, and it'll be enormously over.

Gone Mad
03-17-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm not too sure if Batista will make it. All the odds are pushing towards Dave failing, as there aren't too many big men for him to fight and Dave is not that interesting a character get over on with just thumbs and smirks.

But he is a great talent, it just all depends on what the writers do to keep him face and dominant and still likable for everyone.