PDA

View Full Version : monty brown

Impact!
03-19-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm just wondering, but do people think Monty Brown is the poor man's Batista, now hear me out first:

They both are:

-over as hell

-can't promo

-are built solid

-have a generic finisher

so on and so on.

thoughts

Gouda
03-19-2005, 01:23 AM
Batista's finisher is good.

Monty Brown's isn't.

Impact!
03-19-2005, 01:35 AM
i do like how people sell browns finisher though, they make it look like they got hit by a train.

Gouda
03-19-2005, 01:46 AM
I've really only seen him do it once (since I don't see much TNA). The announcers were building up the Pounce as being the most devastating move in existence for the whole match. Then he did it and I was just like... "WTF, it's a freaking shoulder block?!"

Batista's finisher actually looks powerful.

Impact!
03-19-2005, 01:57 AM
i agree with that, it looks shit, just the people who get hit make it look painful.

KayfabeMan
03-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Oh, they also have another thing in common.

They fu< king suck.

SuperSlim
03-19-2005, 07:58 AM
well no. Batista on the mic is somethin I would prefer to hear than Monty Brown. I mean on Imacpt yesterday afternoon Brown was absolutely terrible. And all the other ones I;ve head him do weren't as bad as that one but they were still terrible and sucked.

yeah he's over I agree with that.

his finisher is extremely generic compared to Batista's. I mena you have a sitdown powerbomb orr an overglorified shoulder block. And the only way that pounce will look good is if the recipient sells it right. If not then it's gonna look crap. Batista can get away with it no matter what.

So Brown is really below Batista and will always be below Batista.

Shaggy
03-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Up till the ppv I really hated Monty Brown. I thought he was like goldberg. Did the same crap over and over again and then finally finished his guy off. But he actually did some wrestling at the ppv. It was nice to see that.

I still dont care for the Monty Brown character and I must say that im tired of hearing him say THE POOOOOOOOOOUNCCCEEEE......Period.

James Steele
03-19-2005, 09:16 AM
But he rules the planet of little people...

:shifty:

Kane Knight
03-19-2005, 02:00 PM
well no. Batista on the mic is somethin I would prefer to hear than Monty Brown.
That's not syaing much. I'd rather hear Rico and Vince having phone sex for an hour.

Monty--Is he really that over?

Monty--Finisher that makes the legdrop look devasting.

Batista--His finisher isn't the greatest, but it looks powerful. No puny "shove--YOU'RE DEAD!"

Monty--Horrible on mic, always has been booked with a lot of mic work.

Batista--Yeah, he's shit, but he's not supposed to be Geraldo. Been quiet most of his career.

Monty--Weak in ring

Batista--Nothing terribly great in the ring, but good enough at what he does...You know, look tough and breaking people. No faggity earring and pansy hits for him.

SuperSlim
03-19-2005, 02:02 PM
looks like Batista wins this thing

PullMyFinger
03-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Monty sucks on the mic terribly, and the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNCE sucks.

Kane Knight
03-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Monty sucks on the mic terribly, and the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNCE sucks.
I have this urge to slip back into my Monty Mark phase...

Must...Resist...

You know, I just had a thought. Monty's less a poor man's Batista, and more a poor man's Snitsky.

1) Overhyped.

2) Energetic

3) Seem to enjoy what they're doing

4) Utterly shit in ring

5) impossible to take serious on the mic.

6) Horrible gimmick.

PullMyFinger
03-20-2005, 01:49 AM
I have this urge to slip back into my Monty Mark phase...

Must...Resist...

You know, I just had a thought. Monty's less a poor man's Batista, and more a poor man's Snitsky.

1) Overhyped.

2) Energetic

3) Seem to enjoy what they're doing

4) Utterly shit in ring

5) impossible to take serious on the mic.

6) Horrible gimmick.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh man, I think both Monty and TNA would cry if they read that post. Monty should just move to his land of little people... :shifty:

PullMyFinger
03-20-2005, 01:53 AM
But I'll add this in...Snitsky is getting pretty funny now. All that "It Wasn't My Fault!" stuff is getting humourous now, I think at least. At first I couldn't stand Snitsky, now I'm getting used to him slowly. He's still overhyped though.

Innovator
03-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Brown was actually over, the crowd liked him...right up until they had him turn heel. Even though I can't stand the guy, he should be a face