PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's Thoughts About The "Halloween" Series

KayfabeMan
03-19-2005, 04:49 AM
Is this seriously not one of the most over-hyped, biggest piece of crap series of all-time? I mean, you have a whole slew of Halloween / Michael Myers films out there, and out of all of them the first one is good and the rest just blow.

The 3rd movie has nothing to do with the first two, and then three through six were all confused, poorly produced and edited, and have no continuity - like several posts on the wrestling forum boards :shifty: And 1/2 of the shit the did made no sense whatsoever, and got to be corny as hell.

Then you have H20 which at least followed Halloween's only theme - shitty ass endings to their films. Resurrection saw JLK done in in one of the biggest wastes of a franchise [killing off the heat, so to speak] and one of the most anti-surprising scenes ever shot. Plus, Busta Rhymes doing fung-fu. WTF, it's like a Wu-Tang Clan DVD with a William Shatner mask. :nono:

Thoughts on Halloween from anyone who has seen the series / any of them.

Shaggy
03-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I liked the first one just like most did and it was something that is a treasured jewel.

I rented H2O when it came out and thought it was basically your average horror movies these days. All people care about these days is not how scary you can make a movie but how gory or how creative you can kill off your cast. The ending was weird because you think that its th end...but its not...just like the crap these movies produce

Then there was Resurrection. I saw this in theatres...didnt pay for it...but saw it. I laughed more than I actually was scared. I thought it wasnt good to kill of JLC in the first few minutes of the movie. I think now they have to make another one with it being shown that she is the killer. I dont know. It was a little confusing and the whole fighting at the end in the burning house was cool looking but just not great. But it was defiently nice to see that American Pie kid get a knife in the head.

SuperSlim
03-19-2005, 09:08 AM
the series is a waste

Boondock Saint
03-19-2005, 02:09 PM
The first one is great. The others all blow (although part 2 is decent). I don't know anyone who thinks otherwise really.

Volchok
03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Part one and two are the best out of the series, Hands down...

Buzzkill
03-19-2005, 03:33 PM
The first was ok, the rest were garbage

Fryza
03-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I've always wanted to see the first one all the way through, I've only seen the ending. >.<

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2005, 05:15 PM
I've actually never seen ANY of the Halloween movies. :$

The first one actually dealt with the concept of the killer to my understanding. He escaped from the asylum, then went to the girl's town and started killing things, with a doctor in hot pursuit of him so he can be re-captured.

The others (save the third) were just "Rah! He is Michael Myers! He was your sister's friend's mum's boyfriend!" and crap like that, trying to connect him with the characters, and explore him as more than a psychotic lunatic on a rampage.

VJW
03-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I liked 1,2,4, and H20. I'm a much bigger fan of F13. At least they didn't ignore fifteen years worth of history.

Volchok
03-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah Friday The 13th movies are the goods..

RP
03-20-2005, 06:40 PM
i liked the Halloween movie that had the little girl kill her mom at the end or something. I think it was #4.

Friday the 13th isnt exactly better imo.

1) Jason X nuff said

2) That tommy kid killed that camp cancelor at the end of (3 or 4) and then appeared in the (4th or 5th) as the good guy. Maybe i missed something

3) Anyone notice how Jason got bigger and bigger as the movies went on. In Jason vs Freddy he was like 8'0 400 pounds. In the first one he was like real skinny.

Both of the genere's sucked. I only liked them for what they were worth which was a little blood shed here and there.

Gertner
03-20-2005, 08:42 PM
i agree

btw candyman>Micheal Myers

VJW
03-20-2005, 09:30 PM
"Friday the 13th isnt exactly better imo.

1) Jason X nuff said"

Every series has it's bad edition(s). Halloween 3, Halloween 6, and Halloween 8 were horrible.

"2) That tommy kid killed that camp cancelor at the end of (3 or 4) and then appeared in the (4th or 5th) as the good guy. Maybe i missed something"

He killed her at the end of 5 and that was supposed to be a dream.

"3) Anyone notice how Jason got bigger and bigger as the movies went on. In Jason vs Freddy he was like 8'0 400 pounds. In the first one he was like real skinny."

So did Michael. In Part 1 and 2 he was a lot more human to say the least and then he become slightly bigger and stronger as time went on.

"Both of the genere's sucked. I only liked them for what they were worth which was a little blood shed here and there."

I think F13 was good up till Part 8 and Halloween was good up till 5.

Volchok
03-21-2005, 06:45 AM
I still dont understand why they threw the Halloween name on 3.. They could have atleast mentioned him since its his freakin series...

VJW
03-21-2005, 08:11 AM
I still dont understand why they threw the Halloween name on 3.. They could have atleast mentioned him since its his freakin series...

I definitely agree. It was a dumb move.

Boondock Saint
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM

Their intent was to make the Halloween series like part III. Different story each time...but audience reaction to a movie sans Micheal Myers was poor so they brought him back in 4.